Where is My Update for Minecraft – Pocket Edition?

Originally Posted by Daniel Kaplan on January 8, 2012 on the official © 2011 Mojang website

HI EVERYBODY!

I hope you have had a great Christmas and a fun New Year’s Eve! Minecraft – Pocket Edition was released for iOS and Android in the middle of November. We went to Minecon, had vacation and then the Christmas came by and a lot of gamers got a smartphone/tablet and bought Minecraft – Pocket Edition. As I stated in a previous post we had an initial plan of making Minecraft – Pocket Edition more like Minecraft Creative. But alas we were wrong. We have read tons of comments and feedback and it seems like we made a huge mistake. You wanted monsters, resources, animals and more different blocks. This means that the initial code we had written didn’t exactly fit with the new plan where we wanted to add all the stuff you have been asking for. So we have been reorganizing, rewritten and changed the whole plan for Minecraft – Pocket Edition.

So where is my update?
We have planned to submit and update by February the 8th. Then Android Market and the iOS AppStore must approve it and it will be in your hands.

What will the update include?
In the background a lot of stuff has changed to support the survival aspects of the game. You will see some neat looking animals and new blocks. Crafting won’t be in this update since we need to redesign the GUI for it and it will need some iteration and thinking. But the great part is that the foundation for survival will be mostly done and we can throw out much more fun updates! Yay!
And hopefully the progress of the updates will be much more faster. Oh, and of course some bug-fixing have been done too. Doors and fences will be in there it too!

I’ll keep you updated when we have more stuff to share. In the meantime, if you want to get in touch with me you can follow me on twitter: @Kappische