Sounds Like A Plan! - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like

Custom item enchantments

Original post made by Nirosu

Custom Item Enchantment, I almost forgot, the suggestion would be to give VIPs the right to ask for a custom item enchant in exchange for the book, that won't be much usefull anyways, maybe a flame I item, but it would still be cool, such as an Emerald with Smite IV, used as a holy artifact that is effective against undead
    Last edited by naithantu; 27-02-2013 at 05:40 PM.
    naithantu - Slap Gaming Minecraft Plugin Developer

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Cats_say_Moo
    Minecraft Name
    Cats_say_MOO
    Indeed That would be useful but wouldnt that ruin the survival aspect of the server? By trading in like a diamond for a Fire Enchantment?
    Im sure i can say that for most people they would be able to get 64+ enchanted books that way.

Summary:
    More Expensive?
    Soft Kitty, Warm kitty, Little ball of Fur, happy kitty, sleepy kitty, Purr Purr Purr

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cats, I think the idea is that you can use enchanted books you already have (and got the normal way) to enchant items you would otherwise not be able to enchant.

Don't like this idea, these items could easily be used to ambush people in pvp (walk in with a stick, which turns out to have sharpness, flame and knockback). Besides "it would be funny" there's really no reason to add this.

Minecraft VIP
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    S!ap.Krafty
    Minecraft Name
    TheKrafter1923
    Pardon my french, that would be fucking amazing, I've always wanted to have an enchanted potato.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    S!ap.boomchickawahwah
    Minecraft Name
    flrnprdmn
    I have to agree with naith,

although it's made me think of one of SLAPs TF2 games...
    I'd LOVE to have an enchanted fish and slay you with it!

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    the whole thing is to have enchanted items is that it's awesome, and u can pretty much tell if u see an enchanted stick, and besides, if you already have a sharpness IV stick, then u definetly have a sword that strong, maybe it could be limited to some enchantments, such as up to III, or soemthing, things such as respiration won't work, but it's still cool to have them.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know you can see it when something is enchanted, but if I saw a glowing stick in pvp I wouldn't expect it to be as powerful as an enchanted diamond sword with sharpness etc.
    The potential problems this can cause are more important than the reason that it would be fun.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    true, therefore implying restrictions such as up to III or II could be a solution.

most enchantments don't realy work, it's just cool to have some sort of skin with enchanted matching item, such as, priest skin with a stick with Smite, works well against zombies.

Personaly I think it could be cool to use it to make glowy diamonds and emeralds as gifts. a glowing dragon egg isn't something possibly that bad, that's why there must be some sort of limits or restrictions.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    ryuuga
    Minecraft Name
    ryuuga
    I'm personally against this because although items like sticks are far less powerfull than their enchanted sword equivalent a stick, unlike a sword, cannot break. This basically breaks a part of the survival aspect of pvp since you don't have to worry about breaking your weapon anymore. Beside that the ˙ou can see it"part of an enchantment is pretty hard to do in time for you to run away, type /leave and geting away safely in time since compared to a sword a stick is relatively small and hard to see.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    I understand that, but I intended to limit it to certain enchantments, such as bane of arthophos(or w/e) or smite, something that would not do much effect on players, and it wasn't meant for pvp, it was ment for either making things shiny with cool enchantments as gifts or personal belonging, or as a more fittable weapon against mobs, which will be limited for VIP only (and staff, as I know off they already have such things), such as using a torch against undead, or to "burn" spiders(bane of w/eos).

It's for coolness, not pvp.