Sounds Like A Plan! - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Cats_say_Moo
    Minecraft Name
    Cats_say_MOO

Getting a Booth In the Server Minecon, (Or at least try)

I know this is a bit early to talk about yet its never to early to think about the future,

So this was what i was wondering about because if we did get approved and stuff for a booth and such Imagine the amount of people on slap, Imagine 80+ people (Lol Hard to imagine), It would boost advertising up alot, and probly "Reboot" the server up to when it was 1.2.5 and there were 60+ people on daily!

What is Server Minecon:
    Google is your friend, It is for People who can not physicaly go to minecon yet they can join a server that is minecon related.

In my opinion this would be a exciting new start for slap to get even more people on!

~Thanks
    -Cats
    Last edited by naithantu; 28-06-2013 at 03:46 PM.
    Soft Kitty, Warm kitty, Little ball of Fur, happy kitty, sleepy kitty, Purr Purr Purr

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    S!ap.boomchickawahwah
    Minecraft Name
    flrnprdmn
    I'd support that.

Banned
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Daloria
    Minecraft Name
    Daloria
    If I remember rightly Jack looked into it and it was very expensive, something like £180.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    SparkleUnidog
    Minecraft Name
    Sparkleunidog
    Thing is Dal, that's waaay cheaper than getting the smallest table at London Expo. :/

But I say, if many players/staff want this, then why not do a small donation towards it? They get a little something for the donation, and a table is payed for. -shrug-
    VIP "Rainbow" Sparkleunidog
    ~ Former server Admin and Moderator ​~

X X X X X X X X X X X X

Banned
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Daloria
    Minecraft Name
    Daloria
    Oh dont get me wrong it is a good idea, We shall see closer to the time most likely, When the location is announced etc.

Minecraft VIP
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    S!ap.Krafty
    Minecraft Name
    TheKrafter1923
    This would be cool :3

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    ryuuga
    Minecraft Name
    ryuuga
    Quote Originally Posted by SparkleUnidog View Post
    Thing is Dal, that's waaay cheaper than getting the smallest table at London Expo. :/

But I say, if many players/staff want this, then why not do a small donation towards it? They get a little something for the donation, and a table is payed for. -shrug-
    it might be a realistic option to maker it a donation option and advertise it a bit you might get the money for it within a reasonable time span(i.e. in a month or so maybe or is this too optimistic?).

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    lordgandalf
    Minecraft Name
    lordgandalf
    If i did my research correctly Server Minecon is a virtual event its a special minecraft server open in the days that minecon is open.
    So you can build a booth there out of blocks and get some members/VIP`s/guide`s and other staff to promote the server.
    I remember that a physical booth was expensive and promote on minecon was even pricier.

Regular Poster MaxRoktanskyCrmb's Avatar
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd throw some money at that idea, say I could promise 20-25 pounds, if some others could the same, 180 should be easy to come up with....
    The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice. And in this maelstrom of decay, ordinary men were battered and smashed. Men like Max. The warrior Max. In the roar of an engine, he lost everything. And became a shell of a man, a burnt out, desolate man, a man haunted by the demons of his past, a man who wandered out into the wasteland. And it was here, in this blighted place, that he learned to live again...

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Jackster21
    Minecraft Name
    Jackster21
    Starcraft Name
    Denby
    Quote Originally Posted by Daloria View Post
    If I remember rightly Jack looked into it and it was very expensive, something like £180.
    Pah!
    You wish!

It's in the thousands!

Last year the 3 main stands from community servers were insanely busy etc. etc. HOWEVER after helping set their stands up when I was there I asked how much they had invested into Minecon and was informed they spent $24,000 to purchase their booth, marketing stuff, fly their peeps out there etc. etc.

You think Slap has $24,000?
    How sweet. xoxox
    Jackster21 - Slap Gaming Owner