Quote Originally Posted by Ryuuga View Post
nice idea we already have most of the books. 1 problem though... do you see anyone opening those books and then read them after they find out they're like 30 pages or more? I think a lot of people don't even bother opening them when we give it to them much less read the whole thing considering how much time it would take :S. I really like the idea but I'm very doubtfull whether it would work for new people. And not to forget the books would need to get updated every time something changed too to stay up to date (although that's more of a problem for whomever is writing the books).
actually that's not the problem, as I said, in the books MAIN rules and such stuff will be written, it's not like we're going to write all the rules like "do not go on vent and shout like an idiot", more like "no grieffing at any world but the reasource world",
the books won't be needing the update that often, since rules don't change that fast.

Also, as I said, the books won't be usefull for everyone(xcept the vip books, since vips are usualy more expirienced), but they might be usefull to the more expirienced new members that were in former servers and might be willing to take a bit of time to check out the wierd book they recieved when they logged on to the wonderfull world of slap, the books will not replace the role of guides, but rather reduce the amount of work needed in basic questions, I myself don't think most will take the time to read, but i'm sure some might check the books out, after all, a book that is named "How to become a member"(name is atm too long, maybe call it "membership and you") might be something worth reading.

Just like a fence in a plot can't stop all mobs from entering, so does a book can't force everyone into reading.