Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Minecraft VIP
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    S!ap.Krafty
    Minecraft Name
    TheKrafter1923
    d I have seen servers that can do that so there must be a plugin and I think you can customize the items they get so I think it could be done if Naith would do it

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Cats_say_Moo
    Minecraft Name
    Cats_say_MOO
    But then again shouldnt this insted be a area added to the tutorial area at spawn?
    Soft Kitty, Warm kitty, Little ball of Fur, happy kitty, sleepy kitty, Purr Purr Purr

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    ryuuga
    Minecraft Name
    ryuuga
    Quote Originally Posted by Cats_say_moo View Post
    But then again shouldnt this insted be a area added to the tutorial area at spawn?
    what do you mean? have a tutorial area with all the commands for each member rank? or have an area where you can pick up said book? Huge amounts of sign have a demotivational effect from my experience and we already have a whole lot of signs up on the 2nd floor of the tutorial at spawn.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just think a simple book with rules and help should be added to the inventory of new players.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    The book for VIPs is a pretty nice idea, making on for new members is pretty useless though. They won't read it anyway :p
    naithantu - Slap Gaming Minecraft Plugin Developer

Regular Poster MaxRoktanskyCrmb's Avatar
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Could you make the book for noobs available to everyone as like the /minecart or /boat command?? Then when a new person asks a dumb (there are no dumb questions), the staff can have them type /helpbook and get the book with all the rules and links. They have a better chance of reading it if they need the info. I agree with naithantu in that its doubtful the new people will read it until they actually need the info. There is already plenty of rules and tutorials that nobody reads now.
    The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice. And in this maelstrom of decay, ordinary men were battered and smashed. Men like Max. The warrior Max. In the roar of an engine, he lost everything. And became a shell of a man, a burnt out, desolate man, a man haunted by the demons of his past, a man who wandered out into the wasteland. And it was here, in this blighted place, that he learned to live again...

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    llamaiord
    Minecraft Name
    Murasakiryu
    Having a /helpbook could be really nice for when there's no staff on.
    I'm the one who knocks.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxRoktanskyCrmb View Post
    Could you make the book for noobs available to everyone as like the /minecart or /boat command?? Then when a new person asks a dumb (there are no dumb questions), the staff can have them type /helpbook and get the book with all the rules and links. They have a better chance of reading it if they need the info. I agree with naithantu in that its doubtful the new people will read it until they actually need the info. There is already plenty of rules and tutorials that nobody reads now.
    the thing is, such a command shouldn't be allowed, because some villagers trade finished books, which can be abused, however, if sucha command would work like /minecart or /boat, then the book will be opened but not transfered to the inventory, it may be a challenge even for naith :/ but having the staff give away books(including Guides) couldn't do much harm.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    ryuuga
    Minecraft Name
    ryuuga
    Quote Originally Posted by nirosu View Post
    the thing is, such a command shouldn't be allowed, because some villagers trade finished books, which can be abused, however, if sucha command would work like /minecart or /boat, then the book will be opened but not transfered to the inventory, it may be a challenge even for naith :/ but having the staff give away books(including Guides) couldn't do much harm.
    that still doesn't prevent them from abusing it to trade it in for other stuff with villagers does it?:S

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    If I add this it will be made in such a way that you can't abuse it
    naithantu - Slap Gaming Minecraft Plugin Developer