Sounds Like A Plan! - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think they definetly should be ultra rare. To give players something to aim for.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree that if heads can drop, they should be rare, so people dont just go crazy for heads. However, then that would kind of defeat the point of having heads in the first place. What I get from your post, Green, is that heads would be a reward of sorts for people killing each other in PVP, as something of an incentive to compete.
    I'll try and use an example to explain my concern:
    Say you, GreenTitanLP, were in a rival PVP clan from my own, and I prepped for a long time to get good gear etc, and then battled you, and won . The chances of me getting your head would be very slim.
    However, if I were to battle a friend multiple times perhaps in fist PVP, I would be quite more likely to get their head. Therefore, although heads are supposed to be a battle trophy, the true battles would not result in dropped heads.
    I really like the idea, but I'm not sure that the point of the mod would really get across.
    Thanks
    Wack

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Cats_say_Moo
    Minecraft Name
    Cats_say_MOO
    The only problem i can see with this is having the spawn shop not being able to sell heads in general with this plugin and, the amount of inventory clutter with heads in pvp which people complain about Alot.
    Soft Kitty, Warm kitty, Little ball of Fur, happy kitty, sleepy kitty, Purr Purr Purr

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    ryuuga
    Minecraft Name
    ryuuga
    Quote Originally Posted by Wackmo View Post
    I agree that if heads can drop, they should be rare, so people dont just go crazy for heads. However, then that would kind of defeat the point of having heads in the first place. What I get from your post, Green, is that heads would be a reward of sorts for people killing each other in PVP, as something of an incentive to compete.
    I'll try and use an example to explain my concern:
    Say you, GreenTitanLP, were in a rival PVP clan from my own, and I prepped for a long time to get good gear etc, and then battled you, and won . The chances of me getting your head would be very slim.
    However, if I were to battle a friend multiple times perhaps in fist PVP, I would be quite more likely to get their head. Therefore, although heads are supposed to be a battle trophy, the true battles would not result in dropped heads.
    I really like the idea, but I'm not sure that the point of the mod would really get across.
    Thanks
    Wack
    so what you are saying is you'd rather that it only be used on special occassions for example when we would host a pvp tournament? or something like that? wouldn't that the whole mod be kinda useless then? seems to me like besides on the rare occasions it is used i would only take up space. or are you suggesting players get a on/off switch for the mod or something :S a I challenge thee to a head dual command or something? seems a darn lot of trouble to me fr just an extra feauture. :S

Quote Originally Posted by Cats_say_moo View Post
    The only problem i can see with this is having the spawn shop not being able to sell heads in general with this plugin and, the amount of inventory clutter with heads in pvp which people complain about Alot.
    how so cats? does the mod remove the original heads from play?

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, but the spawn shop heads would drop in value, and possibly get removed. Leaving space for future items.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    actually, dropping the price would be nice, and having more place for future items is needed, but remmember that the plugin mentioned here is more about player heads than mobs, I don't think i's nessecery to make mobs drop heads, but i think it is nessecery to lower that high price anyways.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuuga View Post
    so what you are saying is you'd rather that it only be used on special occassions for example when we would host a pvp tournament? or something like that? wouldn't that the whole mod be kinda useless then? seems to me like besides on the rare occasions it is used i would only take up space. or are you suggesting players get a on/off switch for the mod or something :S a I challenge thee to a head dual command or something? seems a darn lot of trouble to me fr just an extra feauture. :S

Ryuuga, that's exactly my point. I really liked the idea, but I think that the cons of the mod kind of overpower the pros.

how so cats? does the mod remove the original heads from play?

Ryuuga, that's exactly my point. I really liked the idea, but I think that the cons of the mod kind of overpower the pros.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Cats_say_Moo
    Minecraft Name
    Cats_say_MOO
    Going to use a Very skilled player for this example (If thats allright)
    BassMakesPaste I would say is one of the best pvper's on the server hense him getting ALOT of player heads, And him making a profit off of the heads selling them to people. Hense making he/she Rich. (Tee Hee He/She <3)
    Point being this probly wouldnt fit into the Economy of the server making Players rich, Like a Public Farm but this time Allways there.
    Soft Kitty, Warm kitty, Little ball of Fur, happy kitty, sleepy kitty, Purr Purr Purr

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    ahhh... not exactly, they would be sold for like 100$ or less, I assume, it's not like people will buy the same head over and over, I find heads quite a usefull step towards a better interior. for example, a wall of your enemies' heads, a private temple for your secret love (people would challenge daloria everyday to get her head for this xD) or simply a memento that reminds you of your closest friends, and as I mentioned before, if somone uses a skin with an item head, that would supply far superior interior.

Heads are a thing in development, and this will develop them farther, why resist the change, didn't we expect the same economical scale change when they released emeralds? but nothing happened much, it'll be a short time before the prices stablize.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Making them worth money (as in selling it to the server) is a bad idea, this would encourage head farming.
    Heads should only be sold to other players, this would mean heads are only valuable if less heads of that player exist. A head of a really good PVP player could be worth thousands, but a head that was farmed from a random builder would be worthless. Thus making head farming useless.
    naithantu - Slap Gaming Minecraft Plugin Developer