Quote Originally Posted by PHoenix4521 View Post
yes sparkle it was, I explained fully what and why I wanted it and that I have had this done for me in the past with no issue. Ryuuga the lava falls down past the spawner lighting the area enough to stop it, without permenantly effecting the spawn rate. to do it with lanterns or glowstone would be extremely difficult as when off you need it to black out, otherwise you reduce the spawn rate, also the redstone work on that would be a feat in itself, If you come up with something please let me know. Lordgandalf, again its the issue of doing it without wrecking the spawn rate.
I do believe people did come up with a way you can light it without lava. Ryu and lordgandalf did some research for you (which was very nice of them, in my opinion) and found that you can use torches, jack-o-lanterns, or glowstone. In light of this (pehehe pun) I personally feel like you can and should make your spawner work without the need for lava. As Naith said, lava sucks and can be easily misused. Better safe than sorry, am I right? This is, of course, simply my personal opinion.