Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    lordgandalf
    Minecraft Name
    lordgandalf
    Make a block swapper for glowstone and normal stone fixes this problem

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    is this something you've tried and tested?
    ~Lifes journy is not to arrive at the grave safley in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, " Holy shit!...... What a ride!"~

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the point of banning lava placement is to prevent greifing, the lava shouldn't be placed for greifing purposes. I'm no mod, but I honestly don't see the issue with placing lava for practical reasons on a wg'd plot

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Players have managed to get water flowing onto adjacent plots/roads in the past, this would be no different with lava.
    naithantu - Slap Gaming Minecraft Plugin Developer

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    It isn't on a plot. Its in the wild of the nether and no where near anyone else. I have built about six of these on this server to date and never had any issues with the lava hurting anyone or escaping. the grinder is built, i'm just waiting for lava for the on off switch. you can check it out yourself, it wont leak and there's no way of someone stumbling into it cause of the wg. the big thing about this is that I, and I know many others have had this done before, the issue of whether it was against the rules was raised then and it was deemed ok. What has changed? this is going to effect me greatly as I have a few of these grinders and i'm currently building 2 for other people.
    ~Lifes journy is not to arrive at the grave safley in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, " Holy shit!...... What a ride!"~

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    ryuuga
    Minecraft Name
    ryuuga
    Quote Originally Posted by PHoenix4521 View Post
    It isn't on a plot. Its in the wild of the nether and no where near anyone else. I have built about six of these on this server to date and never had any issues with the lava hurting anyone or escaping. the grinder is built, i'm just waiting for lava for the on off switch. you can check it out yourself, it wont leak and there's no way of someone stumbling into it cause of the wg. the big thing about this is that I, and I know many others have had this done before, the issue of whether it was against the rules was raised then and it was deemed ok. What has changed? this is going to effect me greatly as I have a few of these grinders and i'm currently building 2 for other people.
    okay phoenix I'm done testing I CAN stop the spawning of blazes with glowstone it's just hard since any block futher away than 2-3 blocks from the glowstone gets below the prevention luminance(13). other blocks with equal luminance(15) as glowstone are : lava, glowstone, jack-o-lantern and redstone lamp.
    As on /off switch I would recommend a checkered floor of redstone lamp with another material on the SAME level as the spawner. You still have to look out for dark area's surrounding the spawner but this should at least prevent the blaze'sfrom spawning in the direct area of the spawner.
    Last edited by Ryuuga; 17-04-2013 at 08:05 PM.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    I understand that there are alternate ways to turn spawners on and off, but I'm curious as to why placing lava for a spawner is an issue. Just wondering

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are many other reasons why my answer is still a no. BUT, to not cause a flame war I will not get into the issue as it is not what this thread is about. You can turn off and on a blaze spawner without lava I have seen it many times. I still say no.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    well can you please show me how zero within the workings of my already built grinders? and I assume I now have to destroy my existing lava holders?

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Fuzzehitachi
    Minecraft Name
    DrisanaRM
    Quote Originally Posted by PHoenix4521 View Post
    yes sparkle it was, I explained fully what and why I wanted it and that I have had this done for me in the past with no issue. Ryuuga the lava falls down past the spawner lighting the area enough to stop it, without permenantly effecting the spawn rate. to do it with lanterns or glowstone would be extremely difficult as when off you need it to black out, otherwise you reduce the spawn rate, also the redstone work on that would be a feat in itself, If you come up with something please let me know. Lordgandalf, again its the issue of doing it without wrecking the spawn rate.
    I do believe people did come up with a way you can light it without lava. Ryu and lordgandalf did some research for you (which was very nice of them, in my opinion) and found that you can use torches, jack-o-lanterns, or glowstone. In light of this (pehehe pun) I personally feel like you can and should make your spawner work without the need for lava. As Naith said, lava sucks and can be easily misused. Better safe than sorry, am I right? This is, of course, simply my personal opinion.