Sounds Like A Plan! - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Drisana with respect, they came up with a way to stop it spawning yes but in fairness Ryuuga doesn't mention testing it on an ethos grinder just that he found a way to almost shut off the spawner, I stress Almost. Lordgandalf again made a suggestion but again not tested on a grinder just an option for reducing light. Don't get me wrong I appreciate the time and effort they put into finding out what they have however you have to appreciate that a lot of time and effort has been put in on my part over a long period of time to build these grinders so im sorry if I sound a little un-greatful. The methods they came up with are fine but im now in a position where I have to find a way to make these other methods work with these grinders or simply destroy them all and start again. Again I come back to the fact that i've always been able to do it before and now I can't, otherwise I would never have built the spawners in the first place. yet no one seems to want to address this issue. I accept Naith's answer and will do what I can to find a way to make them work without lava. Thank you for your help everyone.
    ~Lifes journy is not to arrive at the grave safley in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, " Holy shit!...... What a ride!"~

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Replace walls and ceiling with Redstone lamps. Have Redstone lamps go down 1 block in 4 corners of the spawner. This works with Etho's Blaze Spawner, I have built it before, but it was reset with the nether.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Green I've set that up and there still spawning?? can you come take a look and show me what I did wrong?
    ~Lifes journy is not to arrive at the grave safley in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, " Holy shit!...... What a ride!"~

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ryuuga, torches nor jack 'o lantarns nor glowstone won't do the job. As you said Blazes caan spawn with lightlevel 12 or lower. Since you have to place it on the ground other wise there won't be any spawning there will spawn Blazes in the air.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok so, redstone lamps don't work, Green came and changed a few things but still no joy. I have tried a multitude of things myself with an equal amount of success, so we're left with what Zero has seen as far as options go. Could you please show me these other options Zero?

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    ryuuga
    Minecraft Name
    ryuuga
    Quote Originally Posted by PHoenix4521 View Post
    Ok so, redstone lamps don't work, Green came and changed a few things but still no joy. I have tried a multitude of things myself with an equal amount of success, so we're left with what Zero has seen as far as options go. Could you please show me these other options Zero?
    I don't get this I tried ths twice already once with glowstone and once with redstone lamps and I DID manage to make the spawner stop spawning blazes (sparkles has seen it) if need be ask me when you are online and I'll show it to you. I admit that setting it up and killing the blazes that are spawned in the meantime is extremely hard (this includes placing and gathering the required resources) but after I set it up I could safely walk around the spawner area. If it does not work with your spawner it's simply a flaw in your spawners design. I merely stated it is possible to make blazes stop spawning this does NOT include a nice way to safely kill them though.

anyways nirosu if you are online and see me contact me and I'll show you my prevention system and you can show me your spawner maybe I can figure out why it won't work for you.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuuga View Post
    I don't get this I tried ths twice already once with glowstone and once with redstone lamps and I DID manage to make the spawner stop spawning blazes (sparkles has seen it) if need be ask me when you are online and I'll show it to you. I admit that setting it up and killing the blazes that are spawned in the meantime is extremely hard (this includes placing and gathering the required resources) but after I set it up I could safely walk around the spawner area. If it does not work with your spawner it's simply a flaw in your spawners design. I merely stated it is possible to make blazes stop spawning this does NOT include a nice way to safely kill them though.

anyways nirosu if you are online and see me contact me and I'll show you my prevention system and you can show me your spawner maybe I can figure out why it won't work for you.
    Calm down dude, my last post was not in response to what you suggested, it was about what Green suggested. I have not tried your idea because as you have stated it is a way to stop them spawning and that's it. I already know how to stop them spawning but doing it in a way that works for a grinder is a different matter all together. I am trying to achieve this without completely destroying the multiple grinders I have already built and starting again as I have put a lot of time and effort into them. From what was posted Greens was the most viable option to start with so I followed that. as it happens it doesn't work, so I am looking at other options and yes, I would appreciate a look at what you have achieved. thank you. also Nirosu has not posted on this thread???

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its amazing how quickly people run out of suggestions when faced with the facts

Regular Poster MaxRoktanskyCrmb's Avatar
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is amazing. Whats really amazing is that I think the most important fact has escaped you and you should take your own advice and face the fact that placing lava is not allowed and can be done for decoration only..... What your asking isn't for decoration. I'm pretty sure a crappy attitude isn't going to help your cause.
    The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice. And in this maelstrom of decay, ordinary men were battered and smashed. Men like Max. The warrior Max. In the roar of an engine, he lost everything. And became a shell of a man, a burnt out, desolate man, a man haunted by the demons of his past, a man who wandered out into the wasteland. And it was here, in this blighted place, that he learned to live again...

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxRoktanskyCrmb View Post
    It is amazing. Whats really amazing is that I think the most important fact has escaped you and you should take your own advice and face the fact that placing lava is not allowed and can be done for decoration only..... What your asking isn't for decoration. I'm pretty sure a crappy attitude isn't going to help your cause.
    hahaha wha'ts funny is that i'm trying to be positive through this whole situation and find a way to make it work WITHOUT the lava [something people seem to be missing] which would be a benefit to the server! not just myself and yet im here on my own???? being treat like a nagging inconvenience!! its hard to believe its not person4l