Sounds Like A Plan! - Powered by vBulletin
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like

Nirosu's Block theories: The Hardened clay

Menu : http://forums.slapgaming.com/showthr...-Nirosu-s-Menu

Greetings dear members,

This week i'd like to talk about hardened clay, the newest block to be released during 1.6.

Hardened clay is a realy nice block, don't get me wrong about that, but it has quite a big amount of disatventages, similar to clay blocks, it's realy hard to gather much of them, and hardened clay consumes coal as well, but that's not the main problem with hardened clay.

unlike clay bricks, the hardened clay has a bright color, a color and texture which is not likely to get along with other blocks, it is not likely that this block is going to be something widely used, it might be a bit more popular than clay block.

Again, don't be mislead, hargened clay block has a wonderfull color, but it just feels wrong wherever it is placed, well, except my findings, but that depends on the eye of the beholder.

I found that hardened clay can be used as a road, it doesn't feel much of a road, it looks more like the outline of a road, and with some effort I managed to do this:

Untitled.jpg

clay seems to fit as an outline for flower plots, and a nice outline for certain roads, and it is highly recommanded for flower plots, either elevated, flattened.

Hardened clay looks a bit similar to a brown mushroom top, in which case that it can be used as a fake mushroom, with the assistence of quartz <3

since hardened clay is a solid block, i don;t have any unusual analysis about it's physics.

Due to it's color which is not much compatible with usual building blocks, it's a bit hard to make any interior using this block, but I'm looking forward for a slab of this block, which I believe could be a huge help with interior, however, it is noticble that this block does have a similar color to noteblock and jukebox, which can be used together as interesting coloms, this block can be used in other ways, but it'll be hard to fit this block for the liking of many.

Check for updates next week, when hopefully mojang will release a new block for me to study.

oh and now for the off topic update:

Ropes, since last week, I found a new use for rope:

same as the docking ship trick, there's the docking airship, the ropes are appropriate for such!

Making mobs hanged using ropes, might sounds cruel, but also COOL! listen to this, take your kitty, make a fence tower, a small one and tie your cat to the top, and here you got a kitty totem, sure to banish those evil creeper spirits, make sure to decorate the totem, maybe puts heads on the totem!

and another discovery, it is known you can mount roped mobs(horses and piggiehs), it seems if you mount a hanged pig with a carrot on stick, he'll be lowered, the rope will move a bit, and you can't realy jump, but you can right click on another piggieh to mount it! making a new jump puzzle feature, or a piggieh lift! behold:
    Untitled.jpg

it is working!

OH AND YA HAVE TO SEE ZE PIGGIEH LIFT! behold true awesomeness, it works just fine, to go up just mount from pig to pig, if you make the space closer, you can make a 3 block height mount( i thinnk), and either way you need a platform 2 blocks down, cause mounting a piggieh lower than ya is harder, so you dismount each pig on your way down, the obsidian platforms show the location of the needed steps.

it doesn't cause any dmg!

rope.jpg

Yours,
    Nirosu, Interior Expert, Master Builder in training, Admin wannabe.

P.S- if ya need help with interior or a request for me to study a certain block, just contact me ingame when I'm not too laggy.

Checked the other studies yet?

http://forums.slapgaming.com/showthr...few-1-6-things - Carpet! (Volume 1)

http://forums.slapgaming.com/showthr...The-Coal-Block - Coal Block! (Volume 3)
    Last edited by nirosu; 15-05-2013 at 08:14 AM.

StarCraft
    Community Leader
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    BlueHat
    Minecraft Name
    BlueHatBrit
    Starcraft Name
    BlueHat
    Did I just read an entire post reviewing a block in minecraft?
    BlueHat - StarCraft Community Leader
    BlueHat - Team Fortress 2 Community Leader + Lead Administrator

TF2 Server Connection Guide - http://forums.slapgaming.com/showthr...nnection-Guide

----------------------------------------

Jackster21 wants me. ^

Minecraft VIP
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes you did, and it's not his first awesome review post getting ready for 1.6

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Y u comment when I'm updating my piggieh lift!

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Cats_say_Moo
    Minecraft Name
    Cats_say_MOO
    Forgot the name tags! Animals with nametags added to them will NOT despawn <3
    Gotta Catch all dem Spiders
    Soft Kitty, Warm kitty, Little ball of Fur, happy kitty, sleepy kitty, Purr Purr Purr

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cats_say_moo View Post
    Forgot the name tags! Animals with nametags added to them will NOT despawn <3
    Gotta Catch all dem Spiders
    block by block, block by block, I barely mentioned horses too, name tag info you can minecraft wiki, I'm trying to find out how to use the blocks nicely. well this info is nice, but name tags are dangerous, well, they will be banned untill the server will install a plugin that allows name taging for the owner of the wg the mob is in only, if not, it can be abused.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Blakethesnake04
    Minecraft Name
    LaCrepe
    I do agree with the harden clay for the roads it would be better than just cobblestone Keep up the good work Nirosu

Your VIP lapis loving friend Blakethesnake04 (also a panda lawyer)

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Cats_say_Moo
    Minecraft Name
    Cats_say_MOO
    Quote Originally Posted by nirosu View Post
    block by block, block by block, I barely mentioned horses too, name tag info you can minecraft wiki, I'm trying to find out how to use the blocks nicely. well this info is nice, but name tags are dangerous, well, they will be banned untill the server will install a plugin that allows name taging for the owner of the wg the mob is in only, if not, it can be abused.
    Doubt it being Banned from the server xD Random Player: "Y cant I name my animals D;" , Because Nametags. That is all :p
    Soft Kitty, Warm kitty, Little ball of Fur, happy kitty, sleepy kitty, Purr Purr Purr

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cats_say_moo View Post
    Doubt it being Banned from the server xD Random Player: "Y cant I name my animals D;" , Because Nametags. That is all :p
    temp banned, tille it'll be fixed, I assume. if there will be a prob, in which case a player could go and name your animals something like "yo mama" or something.... that is somekind of a grieff.