Sounds Like A Plan! - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like

Nirosu's Block theories: The Coal Block

Menu : http://forums.slapgaming.com/showthr...-Hardened-clay

This week's newest block comes with a very interesting addition to my mineral chart model, and it has many wonderfull uses and things!

the truth is that I've never been too happy to see coal in minecraft and the block just touched me.

You see, according to the mineral chart model I was planning, I did notice that there's a possibility for either a coal block or a new black colored mineral.

here is the chart so far:

chart.jpg

in this chart you can clearly see empty hole below the purple section, according to my chart, there's a possibility of a future mineral with a purple/pink color, perhaps Amethyst, it'll probably be used for decoration, unless mojang have some genius idea, and also you can see that the iron is excluded in the chart, it's natural ore form is orange, which can mean that a chance for orange mineral is low, however, iron has a white block color, which actually makes itsomeone unfitting the chart, and the arrivel of nether quartz sure pushed the iron into the orange zone, meaning that there's a realy small chance of getting any orange mineral block added soon.

Enough with my studies with minerals...

Coal block has the texture of a redstone block, which makes it quite fitting with other blocks, it's deep black color is alluring, and it gives a good feeling to the eye, when used correctly that is.

Tired of ol' black and white checkered wool floor? coal block and quartz go together perfectly! and not to talk about Obsidian, But it's not recommanded to make a checkered floor with coal and obsidian, but it is good looking when you place obsidian within a coal floor in some sort of a pattern.

carpet.jpg

I'm afraid again as a full block I can't do much interior ideas for now, mostly because i'm busy working on my second paper dratini atm, and it's almost midnight.

But i did notice that it's clear texture and color makes it perfect for pixel art! and it's also good for dark rooms, and it can be used for a small secret dark brewery and such!

redstone lamp.jpg

Coal block seems to go great with quartz, they balance each other, here's an example for a road made out of coal and quartz, a small statue on the right, and a sunken statue of a mine-god:

Quartzya.jpg

Almost forgot! the bonus section, and for today instead of making a bonus section, You will decide what will be the bonus section of next week!
    How so? well, the bonus section is usualy about some new method, idea, or interior tricks, and in case that next week's snap shot won't have a new block, then I'll release a full report on the bonus section's selected block/topic, if you decide to comment on this study, or realy looking forward for a bonus section of one of these certain blocks, make sure to reply "I choose # []", here are the choices:

#1: Item Frames! - it is realy recommanded, if you think item frames is great with just putting blocks you like inside, you're wrong, many more possibilities are avaible with item frames!

#2: Secret of the books - I don't realy wanne do this one, it would be revealing all my book secrets, like book art or the legendery moving text.

#3: Nirosu's Sandstone and Quartz patterns - no extra info is needed to tell you why you want that, I think the ones above are enough

#4: Quartztastic! - All about quartz, it contains patterns with quartz, smart usage(well, better looking for my opinion) and a sneak peak at my quartz pool! (which some of you have already seen inside the server).

#5: Slap Section! - It's not about my ideas, it's just me taking pictures of some interesting builds, that is, interesting interior or exterior, so don't expect some big huge tower to be shown, unless it looks realy neat and detailed. - Already beeen approved, please choose other numbers -

#6: Redstone Tools, and you - the name is misleading, this is definetly not about redstone circuts and such, but rather how to use items uner the redstone section as a great addition to interior!

#7: Fanbased Section - if this will be picked, it doesn't mean it'll be shown in the next Volume for sure, but at the one after and those after it, a fanbased section will be added with opinions from people from the server about new blocks, or the studies, and extra ideas or pictures given by people round the server.(might be one person, or 3, it depends on how active I may be)

Good night,

Nirosu,
    404- Title not found.

Checked the other studies yet?

http://forums.slapgaming.com/showthr...few-1-6-things - Carpet! (Volume 1)

http://forums.slapgaming.com/showthr...-Hardened-clay - Hardened Clay! (Volume 2)
    Last edited by nirosu; 15-05-2013 at 08:12 AM.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Update complete! make sure to take your vote

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    lordgandalf
    Minecraft Name
    lordgandalf
    I choose #5

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Cats_say_Moo
    Minecraft Name
    Cats_say_MOO
    #6 maybe <3, Also the coal block does look pretty well textured and would probs make good for near bedrock builds!
    Soft Kitty, Warm kitty, Little ball of Fur, happy kitty, sleepy kitty, Purr Purr Purr

Minecraft VIP
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just like the fact that I can compress all the coal on my storage and coal blocks are fantastic for smelting large stacks of things.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by veryunderstated View Post
    I just like the fact that I can compress all the coal on my storage and coal blocks are fantastic for smelting large stacks of things.
    Y U NO VOTE?
    _____
    | TNT |
    |__ __|
    /( - , - )/ (O.O ")

Minecraft VIP
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    I choose #6

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    SparkleUnidog
    Minecraft Name
    Sparkleunidog
    I like #5 :3

I like that I can compress my coal... all the patterns I can make now!
    VIP "Rainbow" Sparkleunidog
    ~ Former server Admin and Moderator ​~

X X X X X X X X X X X X

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Blakethesnake04
    Minecraft Name
    LaCrepe
    I agree with Sparkles and Lord #5 is they best of the best

From your lapis loving VIP friend Blakethesnake04

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    What about... I take #5 and just shove it into a weekly article >.<

Let's call it:"Nirosu's Slap Snap"(kinda similar to Pokemon Snap, but without score and such)

if so, any other choices other than #5?

11. Likes Laegluin liked this post