Sounds Like A Plan! - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like

About the wither...

I've been thinking about this for a while now so i'm going to say it now. Is it possible to let slap gamers on MC to spawn the wither in the end considering there's nothing truly important there. However, u can not spawn it there and just leave it there, u must kill it or else you will be idk tempbanned or sometin. anyways i think being able to spawn the wither boss in the end would be a great idea, but it would involve some rules.
    Last edited by naithantu; 05-05-2013 at 02:01 PM.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    lordgandalf
    Minecraft Name
    lordgandalf
    you know the wither isnt something you can kill that easy.
    the only thing im woring about is that it will wreck the end alot.
    The only block the wither cant breack is bedrock.
    What i would suggest is that one of the creative mode dudes make us a wither arena.
    Out of bedrock where you can get with a tppad and where you can battle a wither.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    You forgot that the server has mobgriefing off so it wouldn't be able to cause any damage to the end :3

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    SparkleUnidog
    Minecraft Name
    Sparkleunidog
    No Mohdaol, the reason we don't allow the spawning of withers is because there ISN'T a grief defence from it. If one was to spawn, then everything around it will be destoyed.

Or at least, that's what an Admin told me when I last asked about it - they may have found something to protect against it, but I think this would be something done in the PVP world arena or something - I dunno.
    VIP "Rainbow" Sparkleunidog
    ~ Former server Admin and Moderator ​~

X X X X X X X X X X X X

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SparkleUnidog View Post
    No Mohdaol, the reason we don't allow the spawning of withers is because there ISN'T a grief defence from it. If one was to spawn, then everything around it will be destoyed.

Or at least, that's what an Admin told me when I last asked about it - they may have found something to protect against it, but I think this would be something done in the PVP world arena or something - I dunno.
    Withers don't damage the ground, they are currently disabled because players could make one behind a player that is building, let the wither kill him, steal their inventory and tp away. We don't want withers flying around cities :p
    Don't really like the idea of enabling it in the end, that's not where withers belong. I'll have a better look at this when I get home
    naithantu - Slap Gaming Minecraft Plugin Developer

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    lordgandalf
    Minecraft Name
    lordgandalf
    Oh okee didnt know that was possible to disable wither damage.
    I would suggest a wither arena where people can battle it ?

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Cats_say_Moo
    Minecraft Name
    Cats_say_MOO
    Quote Originally Posted by lordgandalf View Post
    Oh okee didnt know that was possible to disable wither damage.
    I would suggest a wither arena where people can battle it ?
    A arena just for a wither, Doesnt seem that reasonable.

Probly withers wont be added for a while concidering would you really like to see Beacons everywhere in the world, on plots, In the wild, Better to keep it the way it is to buy it from the shop and keep it more of a overall goal in the server. (My opinion)

If it was in the end there is nothing from it spawn camping you, Also i dont think it would be possible for a mob to be spawnable in the end but not in the normal world.
    Soft Kitty, Warm kitty, Little ball of Fur, happy kitty, sleepy kitty, Purr Purr Purr

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cats_say_moo View Post
    A arena just for a wither, Doesnt seem that reasonable.

Probly withers wont be added for a while concidering would you really like to see Beacons everywhere in the world, on plots, In the wild, Better to keep it the way it is to buy it from the shop and keep it more of a overall goal in the server. (My opinion)

If it was in the end there is nothing from it spawn camping you, Also i dont think it would be possible for a mob to be spawnable in the end but not in the normal world.
    You need to kill the wither to make a beacon? o_O You learn something new every day. lol

Also i dont think it would be possible for a mob to be spawnable in the end but not in the normal world.
    What is it with people and saying that stuff isn't possible when it definitely is

I guess we could make an arena where you can spawn the wither (either in the nether or in the normal world), this would be the only place where you can build a wither, and he can't escape. This ensures that people need to properly fight it, instead of using a machine to kill it easily.

I'm not sure how many beacons there would really be with this, you really need enchanted diamond gear to kill the wither (even teaming up with iron gear won't help - you get killed waaay too quickly). I'm not sure how difficult it is to get the wither skeleton heads though... how long would it take you to get 3 of those?
    naithantu - Slap Gaming Minecraft Plugin Developer

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Cats_say_Moo
    Minecraft Name
    Cats_say_MOO
    Takes Like 30min to get Wither skeleton heads xD

Also with that thou it would be the same thing with Enderdragons and their drops? (People complaining that they killed it, or vis versa A guy just walks in and finds one)

Add a way for the player that kills the Enderdragon/Wither (Last hit) Gets the items in there invent automaticly? to prevent people from stealing if of course.
    Soft Kitty, Warm kitty, Little ball of Fur, happy kitty, sleepy kitty, Purr Purr Purr

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    I believe withers should be fought in some-kind of arena, the nether star is just too expensive, and the challenge can be fun, I tried wither killing, it seems that without nice sword, super golden apple, and a bow you can't defeat it without sweating.

it's a tough battle and it can be fun, however I do recommand increasing it's exp dropped if it were to be added, it drops like, 7 lvls and it is a bit stronger than a dragon. a bit.