Thread: Jail Time Bug

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    roodypatooty
    Minecraft Name
    roodypatooty

Jail Time Bug

I am having a problem with the jail time. I was temporarily banned for 2 days from the server on Saturday. I tried logging in today, which is Tuesday and I was able to successfully log in this time except i was still in jail. The mod on said i had to wait time without logging out.... but that was not the case. I am almost positive this temp ban was just real-time, as i could not even log into the server within the 2 day period, since i was banned, so how i could i serve a 48 hour jail time...? Anyway I contacted Daloria and Drageon101 about the problem, since they where the ones initially dealing with my appeal. I feel this may be a bug, as the people on vent suggested i try /spawn and all i got was a message saying "you do the crime, you do the time" with no time limit... stated i have been waiting for about 3 hours in the jail for someone to help me, but no mod has been on recently... If i could get some help with this i would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Roody
    Last edited by naithantu; 15-06-2013 at 11:09 AM.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    The jail is not bugged, it was suppose to be a function that resets each log out, but it's better to be there when a mod is out, so the mod can confirm you've done the time in case of a misfunction in the jail system, but basicly, the jail time will always resets.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    ryuuga
    Minecraft Name
    ryuuga
    Quote Originally Posted by roodypatooty View Post
    I am having a problem with the jail time. I was temporarily banned for 2 days from the server on Saturday. I tried logging in today, which is Tuesday and I was able to successfully log in this time except i was still in jail. The mod on said i had to wait time without logging out.... but that was not the case. I am almost positive this temp ban was just real-time, as i could not even log into the server within the 2 day period, since i was banned, so how i could i serve a 48 hour jail time...? Anyway I contacted Daloria and Drageon101 about the problem, since they where the ones initially dealing with my appeal. I feel this may be a bug, as the people on vent suggested i try /spawn and all i got was a message saying "you do the crime, you do the time" with no time limit... stated i have been waiting for about 3 hours in the jail for someone to help me, but no mod has been on recently... If i could get some help with this i would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Roody
    roody if you logged out while being in jail the jail timer gets reset so you will have to wait it out like the mod you asked and nirosu said. after the time runs out you will get warped back to the location you were at before you got jailed. However if you log out inside the jail that previous location is also inside the jail so you won't notice your jail time being over. In this case I'd recommend asking a mod for how long you've been jailed and waiting that long (just keep MC open and go get a drink, watch youtube etc. until the time is over) and after your jail time is over try using /spawn to return to the spawn if you're unjailed you should warp to the spawn. If it doesn't work you're still jailed since commands are disabled during jail time (like you already mentioned in your post).
    Last edited by Ryuuga; 08-05-2013 at 06:41 AM.

Banned
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Daloria
    Minecraft Name
    Daloria
    Roody I have unjailed you, You were given an unreasonably long jail time and have served your tempban.

Topic Locked.