Sounds Like A Plan! - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Starter Kit? Yes/No?!

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

23 74.19%
  • Nope!

8 25.81%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Cats_say_Moo
    Minecraft Name
    Cats_say_MOO
    Maybe a book too that would help them with applying for membership whenever needed? Would help a lot with the confusion people have with applying :3
    Soft Kitty, Warm kitty, Little ball of Fur, happy kitty, sleepy kitty, Purr Purr Purr

2. Likes Wackmo liked this post
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    S!ap.xiTropicz
    Minecraft Name
    xiTropicz
    Starcraft Name
    Slap Tropicz
    Im saying yes because of the amount of new people that join the server that are trying to look around for land die before they get there, due to the large spawn city. The book with info could be good aswell, would save a few questions. And the tools mean you are not completely defenceless against mobs.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love Cat's idea on giving a book on how to become a member. That way, regardless of whether the new builder actually opens the book or not, they still know that they have resources to learn how to become a member.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you want to kinda shotgun this a bit, why not make a slap-MCTutorial video? Cover all the basics and show step by step where you go to apply. I doubt a lot of kids will take the time to read a "lame book". Then you could include a link to the video in the spawn message as well as in the book you're talking about giving them. As for the start off items, I'd say sure. You could even make tastier starter packs for those willing to pay for them. I'll stop there before my more complicated ideas start oozing out.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    S!ap.Slacky
    Minecraft Name
    slacky456
    Most people that join the server strugle a bit with their food situation, so I think adding food is a good thing! And as said in previous post, I think wood tools are the way to go.
    Woop woop!

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    I vote no. Your argument is invalid.

Minecraft VIP
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Someb0dy
    Minecraft Name
    Someb0dy
    Starcraft Name
    SomebOdy
    Yes , I agree on people getting a starter pack but as horsegal mentioned before I think having wood tools/weapons would be better so they should get an early taste of "survival". The comment about those breaking easily, yes they do, but they are only essentially needed to make the stone tools that way they may appreciate their tools better. I don't think they can /sell them because you can't /sell tools/weapons to the server and I don't think anyone already in the server would like to buy either stone or wood stuff. Also, isn't the "/sell" option disabled for starter people since they will be builders and they cannot use economy commands? Also, I agree with the idea of a tutorial "tutorial" video . Finally, I don't think the feather would be that useful because when builders join they have to go through the tutorial and all that new stuff , checking WGs could take their focus elsewhere, at least, in the beginning instead of learning the basics of the server.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Cats_say_Moo
    Minecraft Name
    Cats_say_MOO
    Quote Originally Posted by MADesigner View Post
    If you want to kinda shotgun this a bit, why not make a slap-MCTutorial video? Cover all the basics and show step by step where you go to apply. I doubt a lot of kids will take the time to read a "lame book". Then you could include a link to the video in the spawn message as well as in the book you're talking about giving them. As for the start off items, I'd say sure. You could even make tastier starter packs for those willing to pay for them. I'll stop there before my more complicated ideas start oozing out.
    Yes but would people really google something just to watch a video on applying?, Also I think someone made one already on applying if im not mistaken?
    Soft Kitty, Warm kitty, Little ball of Fur, happy kitty, sleepy kitty, Purr Purr Purr

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't really think there should be one.. Since the server is SURVIVAL I think it'd be a terrible Idea.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    SparkleUnidog
    Minecraft Name
    Sparkleunidog
    These work well. Why?

Because some sucessefull servers I have been to you start with Iron tools, iron sword, porkchops, even some emeralds... so i don't think it matters if their stone or not.

Yes, it's a survival server, but when you first join and you have a starter kit makes you feel confident at going straight into mining and surviving. It also stops the complaining of new players crying over the fact that they don't have nothing to use, and keep diening when they first join. You guys don't know it, but the amount of modreqs we get of new players saying "I need this" and "can I have this" or "give me this" is very... common. A starter kit could prefent this and allow us to get on with more important things, instead of wasting time with modreqs like these.

Also, it would keep players in. Say your new... and you have no idea how to become a member, or for some reason you can't. You can't use the shop, can you? What if your english isn't great... and you can't understand much, but need help at creating some tools? You're kinda... stuck and alone of surviving aren't you? Believe me, if I was like that and there wasn't any PVP games or suck going on, I'd get bored real quick and go find another server to play on.

We're working to keep players in, not out, right? So I think having something that nearly EVERY OTHER SERVER have, that has over hundreds of players at once is a good thing.

you guys might not like the change, but change is what the server needs. So I support this.
    VIP "Rainbow" Sparkleunidog
    ~ Former server Admin and Moderator ​~

X X X X X X X X X X X X

12. Likes Wackmo liked this post