Sounds Like A Plan! - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Starter Kit? Yes/No?!

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

23 74.19%
  • Nope!

8 25.81%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    add 10 torches

2. Likes Wackmo liked this post
    Dislikes Jackster21 disliked this post
    Banned
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    You shuld not just have a kit for the new players (your exsample is a good one) But you suld have a kit for Stater kit for VIP and kit for Staff

4. Dislikes horsegal00, Jackster21 disliked this post
    Banned
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by leonvakt View Post
    You shuld not just have a kit for the new players (your exsample is a good one) But you suld have a kit for Stater kit for VIP and kit for Staff
    And its just an idea!! VIP shuld have /feed (since they donated)
    Last edited by leon_vakt; 16-05-2013 at 07:46 AM. Reason: forgiot the /

6. Dislikes Jackster21, horsegal00, Charlotina disliked this post
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you're a VIP and you're too lazy to feed yourself, as easy as it is to do so, then you should have to donate separately for such a command. The idea that because a person donated once they get new perks all the time seems to me like taking advantage. Theres already good perks for that donation, and while some could be tweaked slightly in my opinion, it doesn't warrant any greater sense of entitlement. That being said, this conversation isn't about VIPs. If you're a VIP then chances are you've gotten into the swing of things and found a niche that suits you on our server. Let's make sure we keep the topic on how to better guide people through the newcomer stage more smoothly.

8. Likes Jackster21 liked this post
    Regular Poster
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like the idea. For me, having the tools from either wood or stone matters little as both of them are basic and will break rather quick. I suggest to replace the feather with a small number of torches and to replace the cookies with bread, which is a more "basic" food in my eyes. The book is a nice touch, but I have a feeling very few people will read it.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Laegluin
    Minecraft Name
    Laegluin
    Starcraft Name
    Laegluin
    I think giving everybody stone tools will remove a lot of fun if you are playing minecraft for the first time. One feather and a guide book is a good idea though, as it is no real advantage.

11. Likes leon_vakt, Charlotina liked this post
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Laegluin View Post
    I think giving everybody stone tools will remove a lot of fun if you are playing minecraft for the first time. One feather and a guide book is a good idea though, as it is no real advantage.
    A lot of the fun? When I played Minecraft for the first time it was in single player. I didn't bring a lot of annoying noobish behavior along with me and any questions I had were about how the community was run and what the rules were. What we have a lot of now are kids coming on not knowing a damn thing when they could have figured it out in single player or through the wiki. This strategy of giving a starter kit is to target these very people. They're not used to the game yet and quite honestly aren't even that concerned with the fact that our server is a survival server. They just want to start having a good time from the word go. Plus this sets a precedence for what they can expect to get as a newcomer. If they're already going to ask the staff for handouts, which they do, then this is just a way of heading that problem off a bit. As for everyone else, why should you be bent out of shape over receiving somewhat insignificant items? If these thing are going to hinder you true survivalist longings, then toss them into lava. We have lava conveniently placed at the spawn area. Basically what I'm saying here is that the difference will be negligible for those who know their stuff, and helpful for those who absolutely don't. I'm still all for it.

13. Likes Wackmo liked this post
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Laegluin
    Minecraft Name
    Laegluin
    Starcraft Name
    Laegluin
    Quote Originally Posted by MADesigner View Post
    A lot of the fun? When I played Minecraft for the first time it was in single player. I didn't bring a lot of annoying noobish behavior along with me and any questions I had were about how the community was run and what the rules were. What we have a lot of now are kids coming on not knowing a damn thing when they could have figured it out in single player or through the wiki. This strategy of giving a starter kit is to target these very people. They're not used to the game yet and quite honestly aren't even that concerned with the fact that our server is a survival server. They just want to start having a good time from the word go. Plus this sets a precedence for what they can expect to get as a newcomer. If they're already going to ask the staff for handouts, which they do, then this is just a way of heading that problem off a bit. As for everyone else, why should you be bent out of shape over receiving somewhat insignificant items? If these thing are going to hinder you true survivalist longings, then toss them into lava. We have lava conveniently placed at the spawn area. Basically what I'm saying here is that the difference will be negligible for those who know their stuff, and helpful for those who absolutely don't. I'm still all for it.
    That's exactly what I'm talking about. I don't really care whether this gets added, but I personnally enjoyed harvesting my first wood log and discovering all the possibilities.

Banned
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    It was just an idea, so its fine if dont comes, Sorry Jack and Charlotina I saw the disliked

Banned
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Laegluin View Post
    That an good idea, wen i joined i liked i must start like an normal minecraft world