Sounds Like A Plan! - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Starter Kit? Yes/No?!

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

23 74.19%
  • Nope!

8 25.81%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by leonvakt View Post
    That an good idea, wen i joined i liked i must start like an normal minecraft world
    You do know you can make your point using one reply.... you can always press the eidt button, it's not like an hour passed since your last reply... only 2 minutes, that none has seen

Anyways, I think that a guide book and stone tools are good, maybe 3 apples, to honor our trees, but however, our server does say "We have cookies", so cookies are also good.

Regular Poster
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Random thought: How about, in stead of out right giving it to them, putting it in their enderchest inventory, then put one down at the tutorial?

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    LittleLeprechaun
    Minecraft Name
    LittleLeprechaun
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiddey View Post
    Random thought: How about, in stead of out right giving it to them, putting it in their enderchest inventory, then put one down at the tutorial?
    Surely a fair few of the people who join dont bother going to the tutorial, and if they do they wont open the Ender Chest and get the items in there, so if this happens (it should) they should get it as soon as they join

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    SparkleUnidog
    Minecraft Name
    Sparkleunidog
    I think some players here are still missing the point.

This kit is to help get our new members who join a little push and head start. A lot of players join then leave because it's straight to surviving - no items given to them to start with, No real understanding how to become a member, no PVP or hunger games happening, no creative, nothing. To them, this could look like a normal single player mode but online with players instead. what's the difference? Nothing really, so why stay? They'll log out and try to find another server with more going on at that moment. This is a way to KEEP players here, and stop the clutter of our modreqs with "give me this" and "give me that".

As I've said, HUNDREDS of successful and popular survival servers, who hold about 250/300 active players a day, give new players WAY BIGGER and RARER starter kits than what we're suggesting. And I bet you've all played these servers and didn't complain being given such items right off the bat.
    VIP "Rainbow" Sparkleunidog
    ~ Former server Admin and Moderator ​~

X X X X X X X X X X X X

5. Likes Wackmo, horsegal00, nirosu liked this post
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Cats_say_Moo
    Minecraft Name
    Cats_say_MOO
    Quote Originally Posted by SparkleUnidog View Post
    I think some players here are still missing the point.

This kit is to help get our new members who join a little push and head start. A lot of players join then leave because it's straight to surviving - no items given to them to start with, No real understanding how to become a member, no PVP or hunger games happening, no creative, nothing. To them, this could look like a normal single player mode but online with players instead. what's the difference? Nothing really, so why stay? They'll log out and try to find another server with more going on at that moment. This is a way to KEEP players here, and stop the clutter of our modreqs with "give me this" and "give me that".

As I've said, HUNDREDS of successful and popular survival servers, who hold about 250/300 active players a day, give new players WAY BIGGER and RARER starter kits than what we're suggesting. And I bet you've all played these servers and didn't complain being given such items right off the bat.
    Yes but not trying to be the bear of bad news but slap does nessasarly have 250+ players daily, 5 at the max at night xD, Dunno thinking new ways of getting the server out there with advertising and sorts on different forums would get more people on daily. I don't know how having a book or even a survival kit in game would help attract people to the server :/
    Soft Kitty, Warm kitty, Little ball of Fur, happy kitty, sleepy kitty, Purr Purr Purr

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    attract? no, keep them, yes.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Cats_say_Moo
    Minecraft Name
    Cats_say_MOO
    Quote Originally Posted by nirosu View Post
    attract? no, keep them, yes.
    Yes but if you saw you had stone tools and some food and a book they aren't going to say hey this is the best server ever, im going to stay here. Many many many servers have started kits not something that is very unique to keep them here thou
    Soft Kitty, Warm kitty, Little ball of Fur, happy kitty, sleepy kitty, Purr Purr Purr

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Jackster21
    Minecraft Name
    Jackster21
    Starcraft Name
    Denby
    75% in favor of this!

This feature will be implemented within the next few days!

Thank you for all contributing!
    Jackster21 - Slap Gaming Owner

10. Likes Wackmo, horsegal00 liked this post
    Minecraft VIP
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you're going to give people this stuff the instant they join, please set the server to HC mode because I lasted over 1 month before my first PvE death. A death caused thanks to sudden super-lag and high places.(Edit: Unless you count no-armor pvp vs diamond-wearing players while wielding a red flower)

Honestly, after 5 minutes in the wild or RW, you'll have iron and will be smelting armor, anyway. At which point, no mob will ever ever ever kill you. By day two(assuming one has RL commitments), you'll literally be able to swim in lava for over 30 seconds because fire prot is pretty OP.

My vote:
    A) No
    B) HC Mode
    C) If not A, then B

=)
    Last edited by CuddLyKoaLa; 20-05-2013 at 06:47 AM.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    SparkleUnidog
    Minecraft Name
    Sparkleunidog
    Oh Cuddly, then you might as well say this to every other server out there, since they have already been doing this for ages now. xD

We're behind times. We need to do things that attract and keep players here. :3

And Cats... i have NEVER seen more than about 20-30 players at once (one time was about just over 40 players... ONE TIME) So no, we DON'T hold about 250-300 players ALL AT ONCE. Yes, we have/had about that many members, but not all logged on AT THE SAME TIME. This is what we're striving for!
    VIP "Rainbow" Sparkleunidog
    ~ Former server Admin and Moderator ​~

X X X X X X X X X X X X

13. Likes Jackster21 liked this post