Sounds Like A Plan! - Powered by vBulletin
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    UrbanPretzle
    Minecraft Name
    jimred9

a large leap fo s!ap gaming....

After having a look at the XBOX clan I realised that if slap gaming was to expand and create a clan for the PS3 (or PS4!!). We would be able to get many more gamers to add to our clan and also we can create a better gameing experience throughout the clan.

So, what do you guys think?
    What games would you sugest?
    I would sugest battlefield 3 (or 4!)

I would love to know what you guys think about this, put your thoughts below.

EDIT: After reading this post here I noticed bf3 has been mentioned but I suppose its talking about X-BOX.
    Last edited by jimred9; 16-06-2013 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Adding stuff...

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    UrbanPretzle
    Minecraft Name
    jimred9
    What does anybody think??? :p

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    S!ap.xiTropicz
    Minecraft Name
    xiTropicz
    Starcraft Name
    Slap Tropicz
    like i said in the x-box section, no one really plays PS3. And you would still need someone to run it.
    Last edited by Jackster21; 11-08-2013 at 12:18 PM.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    I play on PS3 along with plenty of other people. I wouldn't go ahead and say that "noone" plays on PS3 when this topic is known to cause a stir between fanboys. Try avoiding using terms that contain any negative connotations, especially given that you are a Xbox clan manager. That said, I play Fifa13, NHL13, and BOII (zombies mostly). Add me if you want. My PSN is Stoopefy.
    Last edited by Niandra; 11-08-2013 at 06:20 AM. Reason: added PSN

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    S!ap.xiTropicz
    Minecraft Name
    xiTropicz
    Starcraft Name
    Slap Tropicz
    well, Personally Jim is the only person in the community I have ever heard say he has a ps3. And I'm not the one to make the decision, just what I'm saying. Also, I don't dislike the ps3 I just proffer Xbox. you will always have people saying Xbox is better and ps3 is better. But that's not the reason I am contradicting Jim, you will need a moderate amount of people that play PS3 for it to really go anywhere (Moderate being like 15 - 20+ people )Also being a community leader for the PS3 section wont be a walk in the park. you will most likely need to do a lot of forum work, advertising. Recruiting if you wanted to have a clan on PS3. So if anyone's up to doing that then by all means I say do it. Anyway not looking to argue or anything just putting out the facts.

6. Dislikes Niandra, roodypatooty, Telluur disliked this post
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Right... I think it's time for me to respond here...

Honestly, I don't think branching off into other platforms does slap any good. We are a medium sized community with quite a lot of people from minecraft. We quite often play pc games together, but it's not like we would have a 16 man team on teamspeak to play bf3 with. By using other platforms as well, we are just splitting this already not so big community.
    Adding to that, everyone that plays on xbox from slap is pretty much invisible from the rest of the clan. They don't use teamspeak to communicate, so you wouldn't join them there. The forum section is barely used (which isn't weird, it's not like you can easily post screenshots or videos from an xbox...). When people join the xbox side of the clan, instead of becoming more active they really just become less active as a community member.

And one more thing, I see no reason why community leaders exist in the way they do. It's not like we need to have someone to tell us when to play together...
    A community leader could be useful if he sorts clan wars, league teams etc. But with the size and activity of the current xbox players (and if we added ps3, also ps3 players) that will never happen (or, maybe it is already happening. But I wouldn't be able to know, because it's not like the forums or teamspeak is used! >_<).
    Ugh. /rant

Anyways, if you want to play ps3 with other people from slap that have a ps3 then you can simply make a topic with usernames so you can add eachother. There is absolutely no need for an "official" ps3 section with fancy community leaders...
    naithantu - Slap Gaming Minecraft Plugin Developer

8. Likes Niandra, Jackster21, Telluur liked this post
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by xiTropicz View Post
    like i sed in the x-box section, no one really playes PS3. And you would still need someone to run it.
    How would you know? I have a ps3, naithantu has one, and I know some other players have it as well. To me it is basically the same as the current xbox clan. Yes, you might be playing with eachother, yes, you might do some call of duty/battlefield matches with eachother. But that is about it. Really, I've been wanting to get rid of the xbox section on this forum as the xbox players don't use it. For the current setting, a post in the general area with xbox gamertags would do.

well, Personally Jim is the only person in the community I have ever heard say he has a ps3. And I'm not the one to make the decision, just what I'm saying. Also, I don't dislike the ps3 I just proffer Xbox. you will always have people saying Xbox is better and ps3 is better. But that's not the reason I am contradicting Jim, you will need a moderate amount of people that play PS3 for it to really go anywhere (Moderate being like 15 - 20+ people )Also being a community leader for the PS3 section wont be a walk in the park. you will most likely need to do a lot of forum work, advertising. Recruiting if you wanted to have a clan on PS3. So if anyone's up to doing that then by all means I say do it. Anyway not looking to argue or anything just putting out the facts.
    1. Question: Why would you even start the ps3 vs xbox topic?
    2. So you tell me you have 15 - 20 active xbox clan members?
    3. And moderating a ps3 clan would be a significant amount of work? Really, the amount of forum moderation you do for the xbox area is none really. And I would love to know what actions you have taken to recruit and advertise our xbox clan. Like I said, the xbox section on actual slap servers is dead, and I guarantee the same thing would happen to a ps3 clan.
    Last edited by Telluur; 11-08-2013 at 11:35 AM. Reason: typo

10. Likes roodypatooty liked this post
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    UrbanPretzle
    Minecraft Name
    jimred9
    Ok, I may seem to be the only one with a PS3 as I may be the only one who has properly said it and if anyone is interested in taking a PS3 side of the clan any further tell me and we could mabey have a play and see if it gets any bigger......

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just to be clear, I wasn't interested in joining the PS3 side of the clan. It was merely a friendly gesture since no one replied to the OP. I don't play PS3 enough to be in clan anyways. And yeah completely unnecessary of you to start the console war there... I also read your other topic too, which is why I decided to comment here. It's just weird to me you would reply back to Jim when you don't even have a PS3, if you don't like the idea, move on, don't pick on the poor guy.
    Last edited by Niandra; 14-08-2013 at 04:55 AM.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    UrbanPretzle
    Minecraft Name
    jimred9
    Quote Originally Posted by Niandra View Post
    Just to be clear, I wasn't interested in joining the PS3 side of the clan. It was merely a friendly gesture since no one replied to the OP. I don't play PS3 enough to be in clan anyways. And yeah completely unnecessary of you to start the console war there... I also read your other topic too, which is why I decided to comment here. It's just weird to me you would reply back to Jim when you don't even have a PS3, if you don't like the idea, move on, don't pick on the poor guy.
    Thanks for helping out this post...