Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    seanmce7
    Minecraft Name
    seanmce

Herobrine in minecraft?!?!?!?

I was just checking the new stuff that has been added in minecraft 1.6 and i noticed at the bottom -Removed Herobrine it has said this for the last couple of updates also so maybe when they are writing the new code for minecraft he keeps coming back
    Kinda weird huh

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    lordgandalf
    Minecraft Name
    lordgandalf
    uhm you like the ways of the troll hu ?

3. Likes Jackster21 liked this post
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    SparkleUnidog
    Minecraft Name
    Sparkleunidog
    Sorry mate, but "Removed Herobrine" is their little joke they've kept going. It's an old fake creepypasta, and was never real, and never will be.
    VIP "Rainbow" Sparkleunidog
    ~ Former server Admin and Moderator ​~

X X X X X X X X X X X X

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Jackster21
    Minecraft Name
    Jackster21
    Starcraft Name
    Denby
    Quote Originally Posted by SparkleUnidog View Post
    Sorry mate, but "Removed Herobrine" is their little joke they've kept going. It's an old fake creepypasta, and was never real, and never will be.
    Wrong. It was implemented into Minecraft for quite some time and the code was only removed a few updates ago.
    Jackster21 - Slap Gaming Owner

6. Likes Arykai liked this post
    Minecraft VIP
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/He...#Future_update

https://twitter.com/notch/status/22623080852

Notch posted on Twitter about the subject of Herobrine, early in his popularity boost.

RavenBurga Is "he" a real entity ingame or is it just a successful_troll.swf?
    Notch It's not real. =) But it might be soon!

12:25 Kizzycocoa [...] is there any confirmation on his upcoming existence in MC?
    12:27 Notch i have no plans of adding herobrine as is, but I do like the rumors, haha

Current stance on Herobrine

As Minecraft passed on from Notch to Jeb, the chance of Herobrine appearing in an update was unclear. On the 22nd of August, Dinnerbone, current joint developer of Minecraft, tweeted:
    We have no plans at all to add herobrine. I doubt this will ever change.
    <small>~ Dinnerbone on Herobrine[3]</small>
    This confirms that Herobrine will never see an official release in Minecraft, and that any claims of "finding" Herobrine in vanilla Minecraft in future updates are completely unfounded.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just because herobrine never naturally spawned in the game doesn't mean he was never in the game
    There was a human mob in the game, not used, but it was possible to spawn it via commands.

The first time it said "remove herobrine" parts of herobrine were actually removed. (classes with the code, texture etc.). After that most of them were just a joke.
    naithantu - Slap Gaming Minecraft Plugin Developer

9. Likes Jackster21, CuddLyKoaLa liked this post
    Minecraft VIP
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agree. As for my post, I was just showing the OP what I'd found on the wiki about it since I was also curious about the actual facts, since I'd seen the 'removed herobrine' in the patch notes before. ^.^

Edit: Shame it can't be spawned randomly by admins to freak people out.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    SparkleUnidog
    Minecraft Name
    Sparkleunidog
    Oh, I knew Herobrine was real as Mods and stuff, and in the first stages of the game you could spawn Steves who had white eyes. but Herbobrine himself was never really real, and notch confirmed the supposed "dead brother of notch using a character called Herobrine" to not be real, though he likes dragging the joke out still.

It was a fake creepy pasta made by a player to try and scare others/get noticed. That was what i meant - the Herobrine character played by a dead man who trolled on others, not the human spawn codes or such.

Believe me, I follow and look into Creepypasta's for computer games and such, (it's a weird hobby of mine) finding out all information and clues, to see what started it and what inside codes and glicthes people may have used to make it seem real - why they started it in the first place, what stories and imaginations they come up with to scare people. what sounds good and what sounds really bad. Herobrine was no different - I heard about him when I first played Minecraft Xbox - I looked him up, wondering if he was a real mob people were on about or if he was something on the PC version seeing as I could never find him. I then found he wasn't real and never really was, just spawned humans in the old updates of the PC version, which was rather disappointed me, really xD Though the fact that they always add "Removed Herobrine" on the list of updates just makes it seem more real, when it isn't.

It's weird that these sort of stories that are meant to be creeper get me interested, when other horrors scare the heck out of me, lol

that makes me wonder, was Herobrine the only Creeperpasta for Minecraft? Or were there other scary stories I haven't heard about?
    Last edited by SparkleUnidog; 04-07-2013 at 06:32 AM.

X X X X X X X X X X X X

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    seanmce7
    Minecraft Name
    seanmce
    it would be cool if they implemented him properly
    A new boss possibly

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    SparkleUnidog
    Minecraft Name
    Sparkleunidog
    I dunno... there are so many things that surround Herobrine now - and I mean really, why would you want to have a boss/mob that stalked and trolled you? If it pestered others, you'd laugh. If it pestered you, you'd moan about it, and you know it. xD

X X X X X X X X X X X X