Sounds Like A Plan! - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Tree Jail Audio

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Copyright on Ted talks is IIRC Creative Commons Attribution, so not a difficult thing to deal with.

I thought it was apt because..

people land in Tree Jail not for 'using' a tree but abusing it and disrespecting the environment by landscape griefing (UFO Trees),
    He chops that tree up and does all the minecrafty things with it, Giving the material new form and new function, building cabins etc, squaring the logs or leaving them round etc. He talks about how nothing is wasted. It generally ties into the idea of respect for the environment and making good and full use of things, which is the lesson tree jail should teach

also axe puns.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    ryuuga
    Minecraft Name
    ryuuga
    Quote Originally Posted by mrfrightful View Post
    Copyright on Ted talks is IIRC Creative Commons Attribution, so not a difficult thing to deal with.

I thought it was apt because..

people land in Tree Jail not for 'using' a tree but abusing it and disrespecting the environment by landscape griefing (UFO Trees),
    He chops that tree up and does all the minecrafty things with it, Giving the material new form and new function, building cabins etc, squaring the logs or leaving them round etc. He talks about how nothing is wasted. It generally ties into the idea of respect for the environment and making good and full use of things, which is the lesson tree jail should teach

also axe puns.
    I see your point with the audio being related to tree jail in that way

on the topic of th copy right I merely intended to let you know you'd either have to get the audio for it from somewhere else than youtube or would need to use another program to remove /get the audio before it can be converted (I'm not going to tell people what they can/can't turn into audio due to copyright )

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    UrbanPretzle
    Minecraft Name
    jimred9
    For those asking to be put into jail, there could be an area at spawn, jail or somewhere else and they have to press a button or something to listen to it. Another idea is to have a link to the file where they can listen to it as much as they like.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    SparkleUnidog
    Minecraft Name
    Sparkleunidog
    Or, how about, if they spam "Put me in jail" we just ban them? Like we always do? :/
    VIP "Rainbow" Sparkleunidog
    ~ Former server Admin and Moderator ​~

X X X X X X X X X X X X

5. Likes Arykai liked this post
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Arykai
    Minecraft Name
    Arykai The Tree
    If people just wanted to listen to it I'll just make a video and upload to my youtube. I had hoped to do so and show off our jail at the same time.
    Jack may even want the video uploaded to the Slap YouTube channel. Maybe I could get some of the moderators to stand at the glass and look inward as I walk the interior as the audio file plays. We'll see.

If people did spam for jail time then just follow procedure and kick/temp ban/perm ban them.

I'll try to make an audio file of it this weekend. It shouldn't take too long.

I appreciate the good feedback from this, I've always wanted to narrate something. Always that slim chance to become famous on the intertubes eh?

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Arykai
    Minecraft Name
    Arykai The Tree
    I'll have the audio file uploaded sometime this weekend. My computer is recovering from a corrupted C Drive and I've had to reinstall my Operating System and soon will do the same for my software. Sorry for dragging this on. V_V

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    ryuuga
    Minecraft Name
    ryuuga
    Quote Originally Posted by Arykai View Post
    I'll have the audio file uploaded sometime this weekend. My computer is recovering from a corrupted C Drive and I've had to reinstall my Operating System and soon will do the same for my software. Sorry for dragging this on. V_V
    we'll have the audio available soon then? great I can just replace a music disc sound with this audio then by using a resource pack and we're done

should we place the audio on a music disc or in a noteblock? not sure what's better? :S
    Last edited by Ryuuga; 28-07-2013 at 02:51 PM.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Arykai
    Minecraft Name
    Arykai The Tree
    I was unable to get it finished last weekend due to other activities. next weekend or maybe even a week day I can scrum it up.
    erk, this makes me feel like Sparkle dragging on the comic.
    no offense of course.

*innocent tree noises*

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    ryuuga
    Minecraft Name
    ryuuga
    Quote Originally Posted by Arykai View Post
    I was unable to get it finished last weekend due to other activities. next weekend or maybe even a week day I can scrum it up.
    erk, this makes me feel like Sparkle dragging on the comic.
    no offense of course.

*innocent tree noises*
    not to be mean but when I read that first sentence I was thinking the same arykai sorry to the both of you. XD

11. Likes Arykai liked this post
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Arykai
    Minecraft Name
    Arykai The Tree
    I'm assuming the link is public. This is just a test really. I had hopped to add in background audio like rustling leaves or a breeze. I can do that too if the offer of this little project still stands. Plus there needs to be much more of a script! I mean I've no real flow here. Even a rambling man has flow from one topic to another.

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/dvug...Jail_Audio.wav