Sounds Like A Plan! - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like

TP Pads/Signs to Sethomes

Hey all, I was thinking of adding a sign command to tp the maker of the sign (maybe at a cost like ExpVaults) to a defined sethome

like this
    2013-08-28_00.42.59.jpg

or like this
    2013-08-28_00.47.23.jpg
    (button or prssure plate activated)
    Let me know what you think!

(I know you can easly just type it, but it would look cool) (after all [disposal] signs are also just an easy was out of throwing stuff to a cactus)

2. Likes crazyredhead27, cheos313, Steffany686 liked this post
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    It ruins a bit of the server, makes tps a bit useless if they open for all, also, having all that access into information like sethomes that is saved in player files takes much of the console's time(relatively to other commands), it's pretty challenging doing so, and the fact I can expect people using this to trap player and stealing their items, and staff will have tons of extra work.

Also it's op, the server barely uses tp pads at such frequency, and I do understand if you were to suggest this to VIP+ and having private signs that it would make some kind of a point, but just having /sethome and tpa is enough, having tp pads to do the tping for you when you are offline and such, it's just too overpowered and a bit unfair...

HOWEVER, if this was to be implanted, the sign setting up would cost about 20 k, and it would require a mod+ approval(checking the location), also, in order to prevent use of this in order to lure people into traps and plots, this thing won't work with nether or end sethomes, and will not be allowed on plots.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did you even read the couple of sentences that I typed

Hey all, I was thinking of adding a sign command to tp the maker of the sign
    And about making it VIP+, that's up to staff not me.

and 20K? It's a tool for comfort, like disposal signs, do they cost 10K ea? No. I'd agree with like 500$ or something like that for one.

also, in order to prevent use of this in order to lure people into traps and plots, this thing won't work with nether or end sethomes, and will not be allowed on plots.
    It's up to staff, not you where they allow/disallow it.
    Last edited by Yannis_Ofzo; 28-08-2013 at 11:48 AM.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yannis_Ofzo View Post
    Did you even read the couple of sentences that I typed

And about making it VIP+, that's up to staff not me.

and 20K? It's a tool for comfort, like disposal signs, do they cost 10K ea? No. I'd agree with like 500$ or something like that for one.

It's up to staff, not you where they allow/disallow it.
    if it's to tp only the maker of the sign.... then it's a bigger waste, you'd make a home just for home warps? >.>

What is /homemenu for then?

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    For comfort as I said, so you don't have to type /home ------ all the time, just as disposal signs are for comfort, now I'd like if you react with constructive criticism 'It's a waste' is not constuctive.

/homemenu is just a fancy version of doing /home name but requires asmuch action, the menu is just easier to see what homes are where etc.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Cats_say_Moo
    Minecraft Name
    Cats_say_MOO
    I can see this being helpful if added on the server but With Expvaults its $300 to place down a new one. It would probobly be double since it is a More "Lazy" sign in a way.
    Soft Kitty, Warm kitty, Little ball of Fur, happy kitty, sleepy kitty, Purr Purr Purr

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yannis_Ofzo View Post
    For comfort as I said, so you don't have to type /home ------ all the time, just as disposal signs are for comfort, now I'd like if you react with constructive criticism 'It's a waste' is not constuctive.

/homemenu is just a fancy version of doing /home name but requires asmuch action, the menu is just easier to see what homes are where etc.
    The disposal signs serve something you can't do easily, dropping blocks on the floor would require a while for them to disappear and not everyone have a lava pit, however, we all have /home, and well, doing more coding for such a thing won't be in a top priority, I think we need to take care of other things in stead of this, as it serves barely any use, takes up place, and you can do it in 2 words.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cats_say_moo View Post
    I can see this being helpful if added on the server but With Expvaults its $300 to place down a new one. It would probobly be double since it is a More "Lazy" sign in a way.
    And I agree with you, they certainly would cost like 500-600$, as Nirosu said, doubt he would say it if it isn't true, it costs more "space to do it via signs/pads so a little fee for them is nothing but right.

@Niro
    Look, I know your against the suggestion, but
    argument-is-invalid-meme-12.jpg
    "items take a while to disappear"
    /spawn old -> right hand side lava AND Cacti.

Know what, /spawn old are 2 words too.
    (note that I'm not hating nor disliking the disposal signs, just using it as an example)

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    i think this is a great idea even though im not a vip

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nirosu View Post
    also, having all that access into information like sethomes that is saved in player files takes much of the console's time(relatively to other commands),
    Hi, my name is nirosu, this argument right here is the best I've ever given. I can guarantee you that this is 100% true. Cuz. You know, I'm awesome and I know everything about how minecraft, Java and essentials work. Ehermagawd.

Do your homework boi, you be talking shit my friend.

12. Likes lordgandalf liked this post