Sounds Like A Plan! - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like

Ideas for future cities/towns

I know that southside has only just been built and stoux did a really great job on it but i thought i'd make a couple suggestions for future cities/towns.

• Sky island/Airship town/city
    • Pirate town/city with coves based in a huge bay
    • Steampunk town/city
    • Modern/Futuristic town/city
    • Farming town/city
    • Fisherman town/city (may be cool after 1.7 release and implementation on the server)

Some of these may of already been built, i dont think i've seen every city of the server yet
    Last edited by Jackster21; 11-09-2013 at 04:17 PM.

2. Likes ClearlyImAKong3 liked this post
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    lordgandalf
    Minecraft Name
    lordgandalf
    A steampunk like town with some zepplins in the air would be awesome

4. Likes roodypatooty liked this post
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    sky island - not sure, I tried it but it takes too much floaty place and below it are TONS of mobs.

Modern futuristic city - we do have suburbs as kinda modern the thing about towns is the plots, sure it might be nice having a city with a road that looks different, or having for example, podzol for the base of the plot, but the build style is determined by the residents.... downtown does have skyscrapers as it's requirement, but that is only for invite only cities XD as of now that is.

fisherman town - a city with a beach, perhaps with a few beach plots can't see it any other way

farming town - kinda confusing, since no farms are allowed on plots >.>

Well, all of these cities were built by people to some extent, did not be official, some got deserted, like my sky city >.> with it's awesome zeppelin by fright

in stead, why not make cities for biomes in 1.7 like, town next to a savanah, snowy town and maybe a flowery spring town

might be nice to add some parks and lakes to towns, for example lakeside has this pond in the spawn point, would be nice having lanterns, and some green spaces.
    of course that would require more time and effort which staff might don't have >.>

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    UrbanPretzle
    Minecraft Name
    jimred9
    Quote Originally Posted by nirosu View Post
    sky island - not sure, I tried it but it takes too much floaty place and below it are TONS of mobs.

Modern futuristic city - we do have suburbs as kinda modern the thing about towns is the plots, sure it might be nice having a city with a road that looks different, or having for example, podzol for the base of the plot, but the build style is determined by the residents.... downtown does have skyscrapers as it's requirement, but that is only for invite only cities XD as of now that is.

fisherman town - a city with a beach, perhaps with a few beach plots can't see it any other way

farming town - kinda confusing, since no farms are allowed on plots >.>

Well, all of these cities were built by people to some extent, did not be official, some got deserted, like my sky city >.> with it's awesome zeppelin by fright

in stead, why not make cities for biomes in 1.7 like, town next to a savanah, snowy town and maybe a flowery spring town

might be nice to add some parks and lakes to towns, for example lakeside has this pond in the spawn point, would be nice having lanterns, and some green spaces.
    of course that would require more time and effort which staff might don't have >.>
    It would be nice to have green places or areas instead of seamless homes one after another... Also I'm going to come up with a plan for a city project that people may want to join..,, with a shopping street and more...

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Jackster21
    Minecraft Name
    Jackster21
    Starcraft Name
    Denby
    Quote Originally Posted by honkin_pigs View Post
    I know that southside has only just been built and stoux did a really great job on it but i thought i'd make a couple suggestions for future cities/towns.

• Sky island/Airship town/city
    • Pirate town/city with coves based in a huge bay
    • Steampunk town/city
    • Modern/Futuristic town/city
    • Farming town/city
    • Fisherman town/city (may be cool after 1.7 release and implementation on the server)

Some of these may of already been built, i dont think i've seen every city of the server yet
    Feel free to make a sky island town system or any of these towns in the creative world, and If I like them, I will move them into the survival world as a city for the rest of the server!
    Jackster21 - Slap Gaming Owner

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    oooh okay will definately work on a lil something and let you know when its done then

Minecraft VIP
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    S!ap.Krafty
    Minecraft Name
    TheKrafter1923
    Steampunk <3

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKrafter1923 View Post
    Steampunk <3
    yeah that does seem to be the most popular suggestion so far

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    lordgandalf
    Minecraft Name
    lordgandalf
    Time to get some area and start building then

Minecraft Admin
    Plugin Dev
    Memer
    Memes
    Howmany things can I add here?
    Top kek
    Quite a few actually.
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Stoux
    Minecraft Name
    Stoux
    Bioshock Infinite Floating City, DO IT. (I will help)

13. Likes Blake, roodypatooty, Jackster21 liked this post