Quote Originally Posted by honkin_pigs View Post
I would personally recommend this for your price range
http://www.digitaltigers.com/stratosphere-pro-z6.asp
for gaming it will absolutely destroy the mac you currently have, and it'll probably run teamspeak too

Specs-
  • 64-Bit windows 7 professional w/ XP mode (you do not want windows 8)
  • Intel Core i7-4770, Quad core, clocks at 3.4-3.9 Gh/z w/ turbo boost (4th gen)
  • Standard build supports 6 monitors (DVI ports), however i'd recommend only running two at 2560*1600 resolution
  • Dual Nvida Geforce 600 keplar graphics cards
  • Standard build comes with 8GB RAM, standard motherboard supports 32gb, upgrading the motherboard can allow you to install 64gb ram
  • 128GB SSD
  • 10x USB ports (6 USB 3.0, 4 USB 2.0)
  • 8 channel digital surround audio

Basically it's pretty good, imo at least, however if you can get some extra money together for it then go to the customize section, and upgrade the RAM and CPU

Ermmmmm only if you don't want to build one yourself, otherwise this is pretty pricey my friend. You'll probably want monitors running at least 1080p. Two or more ideally.

I would also get 16GB of ram, 8 is starting to become the 4GB now, you really need 16 if you want to keep up to date.

You don't need 10 USB ports. If you do then you're doing it worng sorry and you also don't really need that amazing quality 8 channel digital surround sound. It would be nice but you'd then need some ace speakers + headset. Honestly integrated sound works just fine and can sound awesome with the right speakers / headphones.

I would build one yourself, it's a darn sight cheaper, a great skill to have and you'll be a lot happier with it probably in the long run.

Personally I'm partial to AMD, but most people seem to prefer Intel here. There's honestly not much of a difference but AMD is far cheaper, however you can't really beat an i7 that's using Ivybridge Technology. But then you're paying quite a bit more for it. One thing to be aware of is that AMD no longer offer specific drivers for different gfx cards. They run it all through Catalyst Control Centre which is rubbish and people have problems with. But it doesn't count them out by any stretch.