BlueHat
    Minecraft Name
    BlueHatBrit
    Starcraft Name
    BlueHat
    Quote Originally Posted by honkin_pigs View Post
    I would personally recommend this for your price range
    http://www.digitaltigers.com/stratosphere-pro-z6.asp
    for gaming it will absolutely destroy the mac you currently have, and it'll probably run teamspeak too

Specs-
    • 64-Bit windows 7 professional w/ XP mode (you do not want windows 8)
    • Intel Core i7-4770, Quad core, clocks at 3.4-3.9 Gh/z w/ turbo boost (4th gen)
    • Standard build supports 6 monitors (DVI ports), however i'd recommend only running two at 2560*1600 resolution
    • Dual Nvida Geforce 600 keplar graphics cards
    • Standard build comes with 8GB RAM, standard motherboard supports 32gb, upgrading the motherboard can allow you to install 64gb ram
    • 128GB SSD
    • 10x USB ports (6 USB 3.0, 4 USB 2.0)
    • 8 channel digital surround audio

Basically it's pretty good, imo at least, however if you can get some extra money together for it then go to the customize section, and upgrade the RAM and CPU

Ermmmmm only if you don't want to build one yourself, otherwise this is pretty pricey my friend. You'll probably want monitors running at least 1080p. Two or more ideally.

I would also get 16GB of ram, 8 is starting to become the 4GB now, you really need 16 if you want to keep up to date.

You don't need 10 USB ports. If you do then you're doing it worng sorry and you also don't really need that amazing quality 8 channel digital surround sound. It would be nice but you'd then need some ace speakers + headset. Honestly integrated sound works just fine and can sound awesome with the right speakers / headphones.

I would build one yourself, it's a darn sight cheaper, a great skill to have and you'll be a lot happier with it probably in the long run.

Personally I'm partial to AMD, but most people seem to prefer Intel here. There's honestly not much of a difference but AMD is far cheaper, however you can't really beat an i7 that's using Ivybridge Technology. But then you're paying quite a bit more for it. One thing to be aware of is that AMD no longer offer specific drivers for different gfx cards. They run it all through Catalyst Control Centre which is rubbish and people have problems with. But it doesn't count them out by any stretch.
    BlueHat - StarCraft Community Leader
    BlueHat - Team Fortress 2 Community Leader + Lead Administrator

TF2 Server Connection Guide - http://forums.slapgaming.com/showthr...nnection-Guide

----------------------------------------

Jackster21 wants me. ^

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueHat View Post
    I would also get 16GB of ram, 8 is starting to become the 4GB now, you really need 16 if you want to keep up to date.
    You really don't need 16gigs of ram, 8 is today, and a few years to come more than enough....
    Most games do not use any more than 4 anyway, this includes triple-A games.

Besided that, there is no downside to more ram, and it's not that ram is that expensive.
    Last edited by Telluur; 13-09-2013 at 02:08 PM.

3. Likes Laegluin liked this post
    Minecraft VIP
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guys I need a monitor too xD

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Laegluin
    Minecraft Name
    Laegluin
    Starcraft Name
    Laegluin
    Quote Originally Posted by Daire_Tomas View Post
    Guys I need a monitor too xD
    Monitors depend more or less on what you want. I'd say decide yourself, unless you really wanna play a lot of fps, then you should consider a 120Hz monitor (they're quite expensive though, I wish I had the money for one D:)
    Last edited by Laegluin; 14-09-2013 at 09:37 AM.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    UrbanPretzle
    Minecraft Name
    jimred9

Laptop or Pc ideas??

Thanks guys for these posts as I too am picking a setup to get soon ish. Once I get my room sorted. But my budget is £500-700 and I would like 2 screens. . I'm going to have a look at pcpartpicker.com as its really helpful. Also I'd like to make it myself as its both cheaper and more fun

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    LittleLeprechaun
    Minecraft Name
    LittleLeprechaun
    First off, PC for sure. I've had issues with laptops in the past.

Gaming PC's aren't neccasary, mine isn't a gaming PC and it runs anything at a good quality

Build your own PC, thats what I did :p

Minecraft VIP
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    S!ap.Krafty
    Minecraft Name
    TheKrafter1923
    Building your own would be the most effective

Minecraft VIP
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've been told, you need a better pc for playing battlefield than I do for cod ? Is this true

Minecraft VIP
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never had a laptop, as I'm a gamer, an a laptop that has my standards for gaming is costing a fortune. I have build my own pc's for the last 15 years, mainly because I want the best parts for the budget I'm on. I'm certain that you could buy a decent prebuilt pc out there, I'm just very picky with parts, so I would never get even with that . So you say 1500$? budget, for a pc with case, monitor and I assume you have mouse and keyboard? I'll chew on that tomorrow .

Minecraft VIP
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks all, and yes kytha, I can go over budget a bit for a good mouse and all that, just want the main things around 1500€