Sounds Like A Plan! - Powered by vBulletin
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    UrbanPretzle
    Minecraft Name
    jimred9

More advertising...

I personally believe that there should be more advertising of the server, at the moment the only main advertising is on the yogscast forum.

Maybe we should have more advertising to bring on more players.... Nowadays I never see a new 'welcome' message....
    I would love to see many more new players...

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Cats_say_Moo
    Minecraft Name
    Cats_say_MOO
    Where do you expect us to advertise? We havent a clue of where to start advertizing hense us doing the server minecon. I dont believe that Forums are used as often as they were like Yogscast/Minecraft Forum/PMC
    Soft Kitty, Warm kitty, Little ball of Fur, happy kitty, sleepy kitty, Purr Purr Purr

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your not online all that much so you miss out on a lot of new players joining, we dont get too many but we normally get 10 a week, a lot of them don't seem to stay seems to be more of an issue, and lately a lot of people have been leaving also.

If your going to suggest advertising more it'd be helpful if you suggested a means of advertising too, advertising is a lot easier to suggest than to actually manage
    Honkin_pigs - Slap Gaming Minecraft Admin

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    the reborn brought many, it might be cause of the facebook sharing promotion event, we could try making another one of these,
    / _____ \/_____\
    <({U})> . . <({U})>
    /\

Nirosu

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    SparkleUnidog
    Minecraft Name
    Sparkleunidog
    During my weekend at ComicCon London Expo, I can always throw/stick some fliers about the server all over the center... lol

Would be better than the DeathNotes we got all over out backs, haha.
    VIP "Rainbow" Sparkleunidog
    ~ Former server Admin and Moderator ​~

X X X X X X X X X X X X

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Cats_say_Moo
    Minecraft Name
    Cats_say_MOO
    I believe once we actually get some IRL gear to Advertize it would make the server more popular, So with that being said Im going to wait on Asking people IRL untill i have a Flier or a Tee Shirt something or even a Coffeh mug. Which all of those things i was looking into maybe doing for myself if this tee shirt thing doesnt happen
    Soft Kitty, Warm kitty, Little ball of Fur, happy kitty, sleepy kitty, Purr Purr Purr

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cats_say_moo View Post
    I believe once we actually get some IRL gear to Advertize it would make the server more popular, So with that being said Im going to wait on Asking people IRL untill i have a Flier or a Tee Shirt something or even a Coffeh mug. Which all of those things i was looking into maybe doing for myself if this tee shirt thing doesnt happen
    Might be a bit true... but I don't think having merchandise would draw too much attention, unless we have a celebrity using them

I think we should rather think what has changed between back then when 10 members didn't seem like that much people >.> back at the day we'd get 10 per day, not that everyone stayed... but the point is still clear... something happened, was it our server's advertising, or what society is now looking for, we need to figure that out, it could bare effective ways of drawing new members.

P.S - Everytime there's a long time between updates, people tend to play less, perhaps we should have special events or some attractions whenever there's such a long time in between, I'm sure 1.7 will bring back a few of our good ol' members, along with a few new ones, that is if bukkit would update won't take too long >.>
    / _____ \/_____\
    <({U})> . . <({U})>
    /\

Nirosu

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    UrbanPretzle
    Minecraft Name
    jimred9
    I'll get some links of pages to show some sites that need a little bit of updating as on of the said we are currently on 1.5.1, I believe simple updates and some bumps to various threads is all that is needed....

Also things like minecon server events and various server events (like the pvp clans) are good but maybe more events should happen, maybe a bunch of players should get together to organise some events?

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jimred9 View Post
    I'll get some links of pages to show some sites that need a little bit of updating as on of the said we are currently on 1.5.1, I believe simple updates and some bumps to various threads is all that is needed....

Also things like minecon server events and various server events (like the pvp clans) are good but maybe more events should happen, maybe a bunch of players should get together to organise some events?
    bunch of players get together to organize? there's no rule against that, suggesting this here is futile, feel free to do so in the minecraft forum, suggest player based events there, the suggestion forum is for server side improvement, staff doesn't always have the time, maybe it could be possible suggestion a project which you've started with a few people to get some recognition, like a tp pad for the event period, if it's worth something, I'm sure the server staff will welcome it gladly.
    / _____ \/_____\
    <({U})> . . <({U})>
    /\

Nirosu

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    UrbanPretzle
    Minecraft Name
    jimred9
    Ok thanks, I may get around to organising something then....