Sounds Like A Plan! - Powered by vBulletin
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like

Nirosu's Slap Snap Reborn! : Builder Mix 1 !

Wanne see more? Read last week's Slap-Snap? got updated with Block Theories? Go and check out the Menu~ http://forums.slapgaming.com/showthr...-Nirosu-s-Menu

Heya, welcome to Slap-Snap's first builder mix, featuring a few builders plus a new picture of one of our previous exclusive guests! let's cheer for this week's guests!

Dark_Wyvern - a VIP, whose skills are uncertain, but didn't have much time to build on the server and came back lately, so he got some potential.
    kekie6 - a member, whose skills are quite good, has some interior skill, and can deal quite fine with exterior!
    cheos313 - a VIP, whose skills are mostly based on exterior.
    megaglitchfinder - a member, whose build caught my eye a few times.
    And last but not least, a sneak peak pic from the exclusive guest slacky456! The "senior" guide!

I must admit I was in quite an hurry, as I didn't make a Slap-Snap in quite some time, yet, I'm pretty happy with my finds, builders who got quite some skill and have much room for improvement! indeed praiseworthy.
    Unfortunately, as this is not an individual slap-snap, we're not going to have my personal story of encounter with each and every one, but I must tell you that about these 4 I had doubts quite some time ago, and seeing today is a proof that any builder can improve his own builds, and also a proof many of our members don't read the forums... Well, can't do much about that, can we ?

Now it's time to get a look at some of our snaps :

Slap-Snap I.jpg
    Creative World, Dark_Wyvern.
    This picture is a nice example of a good use of landscaping, the tree looks quite good, and the use of colors along with the placement of the island above a lake gives the build a mystical aura, which is quite nice, it's true that it's barely functional, but that's what creative is for! I'll sure look forward to Dark's non-creative builds in the far future

Slap-Snap II.jpg
    New survival world, cheos313's outside design, cheos313 & kekie6's build.
    This one can speak for itself, even though I believe it lacks a bit of color, this is a praiseworthy build, it's well designed. I chose to take it for the slap-snap, even though it's clearly a WIP, the inside is quite good work too, but not finished, and you can see the landscape here was yet to be put in some effort, but the good shape is enough to get my approval even though it's just a picture of the front and the side, the other side is also quite detailed! good job cheos on the exterior!

Slap-Snap III.jpg
    New survival world, Ashbridge, kekie6's house.
    This picture doesn't show much of the inside which is quite good, but it shows a glimpse of the unique exterior, along with good use of blocks as road, and a great example of a nice garden, worthwhile to take a look if you're out for some inspiration, indeed a job well done.

Slap-Snap IV.jpg
    Survival world, megaglitchfinder's village.
    This picture is a bit refreshing, sure it's not amazing exterior, but the use of wood like this is quite refreshing for a change, it is not the plain usual plots with weird un-matching houses, but rather a small village on the beach.

Slap-Snap V.jpg
    Work in progress, slacky456's new house in making.
    This picture is definitely different from the previous ones, it's of clearly an unfinished build, it shows only a small part of it, and it uses a texture pack, get used to it, that's how the pictures from the exclusive past guests will be, with some texture pack, showing usually a work in progress, and pleases the eye, good job slacky on your kitchen, I'd always recommend a spice rack, but this is good enough!

Well, that's all for the picture part, now it's time for the interview with our guests!

Let's start with Dark_Wyvern:
    1. Could you tell us about your experience in the Slap-Gaming server and community?
    I have been on Slap almost a year now, I have been a Guide, and have played with a lot of the more active players. I was on when the Reborn came out and found lots of neat stuff I gave away to whoever was first to the punch ;]

2. What do you think a builder must have in order to improve oneself?
    Good friends, an open area where they can build what they want. Don't be afraid to challenge yourself

3. Any tips you'd like to give to the fellow aspiring builders?
    Don't do what everyone else is doing. It keeps new projects more interesting for everyone! Especially Staff xD!

4. What do you think the server is lacking or needs improvement with?
    I think it would be cool if there was a dedicated sky block world. not the fast paced skyblock wars that staff are working on, but a slow survival style, with mobs!

5. Anything else you'd like to add?
    #ORANGE

Next up with cheos313 :
    1. Could you tell us about your experience in the Slap-Gaming server and community?

When I first joined the server I saw an world filled with nice and kind people, Freedom and an free world to build... thats the world I still see today.
    Great work guys

I think he/she atleast needs to have an rich imagenation in order to come up with great and creative builds! I also think an builder needs to really think what he/she extactly wants, Otherwise you'll get uncompleted or messy builds

3. Any tips you'd like to give to the fellow aspiring builders?

Never give up If your build didn't became what you hoped it would... Everyone makes mistakes Its our nature to make them... And to learn from them, Its better to make mistakes than doing it right the first time.... Cause if you don't learn, How do you improve you skills?!?!

I doesn't really lacks anything, And im sure that there are certain things that could be improved but I can't think of any at the moment

Keep on building and never give up!

Continuing with kekie6 :
    well... I've played on Slap-Gaming for almost 2 years now and i heve enjoyed it alot!
    when i came online for the first time i was overwelmed with the ''Welcome to our Server!'' spam in the chat, so i left quickly...
    3 days later i came back online and i started exploring. the chat was nice and all questions i asked were answered! the first (mod) i saw was Daloria, she helped me with the Wg for my first house and many houses after that. ans as you can see i kept playing! the server just got better and better since the point i joined C: (except for the bet that everyone can just buy in-Game money :C)

a creative mind and willpower.

3. Any tips you'
    d like to give to the fellow aspiring builders?
    don't listen to people who keep saying your stuff looks ugly! because if you do so your stuff just gets uglier, just do what you think is good

nothing really... i would like a podzol biome in the next update to build my home on... and snow in the shop would be nice

i want to say thanks to Cheos because he gave me the chance to show my building skills to the world :3

Last but not least, megaglitchfinder :
    - It's been great for the past year. The staff is nice and tend to respond fast to any modreqs I make. Now , for my own experience..I joined the server somewhere around 2012 looking for some good survival server. I went ahead and explored the world a little bit until I found the place I want to build in -- and I found it. It was a small 5x5~ island in the middle of the ocean. I kept expanding upon that island and now it is around 200x300 with a lot of builds.

- They must take time with their builds. Building too fast will make the build very ugly in most cases, unless the build has a very repetitive pattern. If you want to go with some what of a random look, I suggest placing 4 blocks in random spots and base your building off of those.

3. What do you think the server is lacking or needs improvement with?
    - The server doesn't lack anything. But one of the worlds, the New World in specific does lack quiet a lot of things that the old world has. The first thing I noticed is there is no more "Community Feel" to the New World. I don't see amazing builds everywhere in that world -- unlike the Old World that has an amazing area/building every 100 blocks or so.

That's all for the interviews, I must admit there were quite some wise words said. Join us next week on the next Snap of Slap, the slap-snap

Also, make sure to check out the new Slap-Snap Creativity corner! located in the off topic, have a chance to show your creativity and enrich the community's experience!
    / _____ \/_____\
    <({U})> . . <({U})>
    /\

Nirosu

2. Likes Laegluin, megaglitchfinder liked this post
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    UrbanPretzle
    Minecraft Name
    jimred9
    Nice read, I like it how you include mor people so I can see more of what's on the server, me likey.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    cheos3
    Minecraft Name
    cheos313

Like the pic says.. YAY XD
    404 Signature not found.