Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    LittleLeprechaun
    Minecraft Name
    LittleLeprechaun

Stop adding time when AFK

Simple suggestion

Stop adding time to the /playtime /playtime list when you go AFK, cause well your not actually playing when your AFK!

2. Likes Jackster21, honkin_pigs liked this post
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    much love for this suggestion, think it would be great, helps with the staff statistics of finding out how active staff really are, as apposed to how much time they've been logged on but possibly not done anything
    Honkin_pigs - Slap Gaming Minecraft Admin

4. Likes Jackster21 liked this post
    Minecraft VIP
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    S!ap.Krafty
    Minecraft Name
    TheKrafter1923
    I think that this idea is a pretty good one!

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    SparkleUnidog
    Minecraft Name
    Sparkleunidog
    I dunno, what if a Mod/Admin comes on, is AFK to do something, but is watching the screen for modreqs and keeping an eye on chat? Then that time isn't accounted for in stats and that staff member would be deemed "not online a lot", when they are.
    VIP "Rainbow" Sparkleunidog
    ~ Former server Admin and Moderator ​~

X X X X X X X X X X X X

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SparkleUnidog View Post
    I dunno, what if a Mod/Admin comes on, is AFK to do something, but is watching the screen for modreqs and keeping an eye on chat? Then that time isn't accounted for in stats and that staff member would be deemed "not online a lot", when they are.
    all they'd have to do is press a button once every five minutes to stop themselves going afk if they were monitoring things, or just ask if anyone needed any help

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ahhh.... sparkle has much of a point, adding this would reset the playtime records.... plus I'm not that supportive of the current afk system, I remember back when it was like, 10 min until afk, it was much better, less afk spam.

The solution could be having a 2nd line of the command or option to do /playtime raw, /playtime afk, and the usual /playtime - raw would show the playtime without afk, and the afk will show the afk time. if there is really any point adding this, I think it's up to the plugin guys, if it's not that hard go for it, if it takes some time or impossible, we got other things we need you more, like skyblock or the tnt run plugin
    / _____ \/_____\
    <({U})> . . <({U})>
    /\

Nirosu

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nirosu View Post
    Ahhh.... sparkle has much of a point, adding this would reset the playtime records.... plus I'm not that supportive of the current afk system, I remember back when it was like, 10 min until afk, it was much better, less afk spam.

The solution could be having a 2nd line of the command or option to do /playtime raw, /playtime afk, and the usual /playtime - raw would show the playtime without afk, and the afk will show the afk time. if there is really any point adding this, I think it's up to the plugin guys, if it's not that hard go for it, if it takes some time or impossible, we got other things we need you more, like skyblock or the tnt run plugin

adding this wouldn't need to reset the playtime at all, it could just affect the future not the past, obviously previous afk time is already counted, and im fond of this afk system, it's already helped us to find someone who afk'd a spawner, but yes it is down to the plugin developers

10. Likes horsegal00 liked this post
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by honkin_pigs View Post
    adding this wouldn't need to reset the playtime at all, it could just affect the future not the past, obviously previous afk time is already counted, and im fond of this afk system, it's already helped us to find someone who afk'd a spawner, but yes it is down to the plugin developers
    well, if you wish to keep the previous playtime with the "unholy" afk time, be my guest, and if someone chooses to afk at a spawner, it's usually more than 10 min
    / _____ \/_____\
    <({U})> . . <({U})>
    /\

Nirosu

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nirosu View Post
    well, if you wish to keep the previous playtime with the "unholy" afk time, be my guest, and if someone chooses to afk at a spawner, it's usually more than 10 min
    I never mentioned anything to do with the time suggestion you made, i simply replied to the fact that you said you weren't to supportive of the current afk system, it works and that's the main thing

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Wirelesspillow
    Minecraft Name
    wirelessPillow
    Honkin your statement that "All they have to do is press a button every 5 minutes", as simple as it sounds is wrong.
    When Mods or Admins are actively working on something in the forums, on alternate websites related to Slaps working or discussing among themselves to write/understand something new than hitting a button every 5 minutes is detrimental to the thought process and will most likely not be remembered. Should it be remembered the discussion would be halted slightly and the train of thought would go elsewhere.

AFK time does need an extension, 15 minutes is ok, 5 minutes is too short.