Sounds Like A Plan! - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like

Sonic Weekly Scores

Heya, I've got a suggestion:

Having a weekly sonic scoreboard(or monthly) in addition to the all time board, to make it possible for people to feel they are first place at something, and maybe having a broadcast each time someone breaks the monthly/all time score.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Cats_say_Moo
    Minecraft Name
    Cats_say_MOO
    Quote Originally Posted by nirosu View Post
    maybe having a broadcast each time someone breaks the monthly/all time score.
    Yet you want it reset monthly? Thats means the day or even week its reset the broadcasts will be spammed. Also I wouldnt think it is that big of a deal with the sonic weekly scores, I wouldnt mind the reset of them monthly.
    Soft Kitty, Warm kitty, Little ball of Fur, happy kitty, sleepy kitty, Purr Purr Purr

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cats_say_moo View Post
    Yet you want it reset monthly? Thats means the day or even week its reset the broadcasts will be spammed. Also I wouldnt think it is that big of a deal with the sonic weekly scores, I wouldnt mind the reset of them monthly.
    since I didn't want it to be an essay, and I fully trust our plugin guys, I haven't wrote about how the system would work, I'm sure they'd either do a anti broadcast thingy as long as there were less than 20 sonic scores or they'd set a primary score that need to be passed into order to do the first broadcast, it won't be to spamy.

Also, if a person in first place beats his own score, he won't get another broadcast. And breaking the all-time score would have a fancy broadcast

If sonic becomes abandoned one of these years, we could use the system to also give a small reward(small as in cake, not as in the sonic shoes or something )

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    ryuuga
    Minecraft Name
    ryuuga
    I think it's fun to add a temporary list next to the all time list I'd personally would go for a monthly board although I wouldn't recommend a broadcast for each record breaker for the monthly board since the chat would be spammed by it every month at least once.

p.s. I disagree with the reward idea since we already have the lottery to and out free cakes and none of the current mini-games give you a reward besides a broadcast (spleef) with the exception being Cake Defence (which can only be run by staff).
    Last edited by Ryuuga; 15-09-2013 at 04:09 PM.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yup i would love monthly boards but i think weekly would be two often, and as brought up by the others i think the broadcast system would be to spammy everytime the board was reset, would be cool to see this implemented nonetheless
    Honkin_pigs - Slap Gaming Minecraft Admin

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    SparkleUnidog
    Minecraft Name
    Sparkleunidog
    A monthly board sounds fair - that way, those who feel they can't break the current high scores (those times are crazy!) would have a chance to get their name up there. :3
    VIP "Rainbow" Sparkleunidog
    ~ Former server Admin and Moderator ​~

X X X X X X X X X X X X

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lol, just having the headline say weekly makes all rage while I said monthly or weekly, we already decided it is monthly XD

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SparkleUnidog View Post
    A monthly board sounds fair - that way, those who feel they can't break the current high scores (those times are crazy!) would have a chance to get their name up there. :3
    i always thought i'd stand no chance in hell at getting anywhere near the top 50, but now im ranked 6, with enough practice i think someone could even beat skilzy, although to get to number 6 i have been practising like a couple hours a day for a while now :3
    Honkin_pigs - Slap Gaming Minecraft Admin

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    so.... monthly scoreboard, is it possible then?
    / _____ \/_____\
    <({U})> . . <({U})>
    /\

Nirosu

Minecraft Admin
    Plugin Dev
    Memer
    Memes
    Howmany things can I add here?
    Top kek
    Quite a few actually.
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Stoux
    Minecraft Name
    Stoux
    I like some parts of the idea and will start fiddling with it when I have time.