Sounds Like A Plan! - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: /seen

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by horsegal00 View Post
    But if it was just a VIP feature, then well.... more people would be encouraged to buy VIP, yes?
    Nope, it won't be a thing that will make people go and buy VIP off the shelves.... would it? as members have the ability to ask staff for it, and staff is usually on.

Quote Originally Posted by SparkleUnidog View Post
    How about we decide if the plugin guys wanna allow the use of the command first before deciding what rank gets it, yes? xD
    indeed
    / _____ \/_____\
    <({U})> . . <({U})>
    /\

Nirosu

2. Likes Ratking15 liked this post
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    ryuuga
    Minecraft Name
    ryuuga
    Could someone explain to me again why they need this command?
    I mean If I see my friend was last on 14 hours ago what does that tell me? that he was online 14 hours ago and.... that's it. I mean If my friend stopped playing on the server I presume he would tell me /other people so I would find out if I asked around. And asking the staff if needed is just a small step.
    If he was away for 30 mins because he was going to eat it wouldn't be mentioned by /seen(the /afk function is more usefull in this case). If I didn't see my friend for 2 days I'd send them an in-game mail asking about it (this way you could check if they were still playing but at time you're not on). basically I don't get why people need the command I could understand you might wanna know if your friend was online but you could simply ask around and people would most likely give you some kind of response. In my eyes implementing the command for the 5 or so people who are just curious about when their friend was last on is just a way bigger bother than it is worth.

4. Likes Cats_say_moo liked this post
    Dislikes Ratking15 disliked this post
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuuga View Post
    Could someone explain to me again why they need this command?
    I mean If I see my friend was last on 14 hours ago what does that tell me? that he was online 14 hours ago and.... that's it. I mean If my friend stopped playing on the server I presume he would tell me /other people so I would find out if I asked around. And asking the staff if needed is just a small step.
    If he was away for 30 mins because he was going to eat it wouldn't be mentioned by /seen(the /afk function is more usefull in this case). If I didn't see my friend for 2 days I'd send them an in-game mail asking about it (this way you could check if they were still playing but at time you're not on). basically I don't get why people need the command I could understand you might wanna know if your friend was online but you could simply ask around and people would most likely give you some kind of response. In my eyes implementing the command for the 5 or so people who are just curious about when their friend was last on is just a way bigger bother than it is worth.

No, its not necessary, but I do think /seen would be nice. Sometimes there are no staff members online, and you remember someone that you haven't seen online in a while. Yeah, I guess you could send em ig mail, but what if they've become inactive? I don't think it would be used often. I don't think we need it implemented. I don't think it would have a huge benefit. But I do think it would be nice to have.

Basically, if it isn't hard to add, I think members should get /seen.
    If it is hard to implement, don't bother.

6. Likes Blake liked this post
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    well you see ryuuga, not everyone can send mail....that's a VIP and higher perk. /seen may not tell you when they're coming back online, but it can tell you how long it's been so you can msg them through de forums or other communications. /seen should just be a command that could be used by all except for builders. This would encourage builders to become members then possibly VIP.

In short, make /seen a member and higher perk.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zapados3 View Post
    well you see ryuuga, not everyone can send mail....that's a VIP and higher perk. /seen may not tell you when they're coming back online, but it can tell you how long it's been so you can msg them through de forums or other communications. /seen should just be a command that could be used by all except for builders. This would encourage builders to become members then possibly VIP.

In short, make /seen a member and higher perk.
    I seriously have no freaking idea who'd become a member just to have /seen, let alone VIP. It can be nice to be implemented, but it mostly depends whether it's hard to allow members to use it or not, let alone it's efficiency, I'm sure using staff to do it like, 2-4 times a week, and I'd do it more if I had the power.
    / _____ \/_____\
    <({U})> . . <({U})>
    /\

Nirosu

Minecraft Admin
    Plugin Dev
    Memer
    Memes
    Howmany things can I add here?
    Top kek
    Quite a few actually.
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Stoux
    Minecraft Name
    Stoux
    Quote Originally Posted by zapados3 View Post
    well you see ryuuga, not everyone can send mail....that's a VIP and higher perk.

Mail is available for all members+ (has been for a couple of months)

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Aphotyx
    Minecraft Name
    Swiftblade16
    Starcraft Name
    Swiftay
    Quote Originally Posted by nirosu View Post
    I seriously have no freaking idea who'd become a member just to have /seen, let alone VIP. It can be nice to be implemented, but it mostly depends whether it's hard to allow members to use it or not, let alone it's efficiency, I'm sure using staff to do it like, 2-4 times a week, and I'd do it more if I had the power.
    Its not neccassary to say it would encourage them to get VIP or member. It would just be a useful tool for them to use if staff are AFK or currently offline

11. Likes Ratking15 liked this post
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't like this, I really expect this to cause problems some day. /seen gives a really precise time, the stalk potential here is quite big. If we do add this then I'd at least prefer to see a command that only gives days and not hours, minutes & seconds.
    Adding to that I don't see the need for this at all. Just making a modreq if you ever need to know seems to work fine, it's not like you need /seen daily
    naithantu - Slap Gaming Minecraft Plugin Developer

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    How could some one stalk you by knowing when you were on and even if they could this is mc you can just tp away and if it's really bad tell a mod/admin.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    don't really see all that much need for this, as all you need to do is ask a staff member and they'll tell you, and it's at least 18 hours a day staffed.
    Honkin_pigs - Slap Gaming Minecraft Admin

15. Likes horsegal00 liked this post
    Dislikes Ratking15 disliked this post