Ban Appeal
    Minecraft Name
    OminousWo1f
    Date of ban *If you know*
    January 12, 2014
    Reason for being banned
    Other
    Why should we unban you?
    I found out that ender pearls were .50 cents and sold for 1 dollar. I really needed money so i decided to buy and sell them. I thought i just wouldn't get in trouble for doing it because that was the price of them. I really did not know that was a glitch or mistake of the prices. I love this server and i did not mean to do that. Can you please find it in your heart to unban or reduce the ban time for me and my friends? This is the only server i play on and i really wanted to continue playing on it. I hope you can consider this ban appeal.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Gnoekeos
    Minecraft Name
    Gnoekeos
    Starcraft Name
    Gnoekeos
    I'm personally always willing to give someone the benefit of the doubt and assume they really didn't realize they were doing something wrong but having seen the evidence there's no way you guys didn't realize exactly what you were doing.

The ban stands and the time stays the same.

if you seriously didn't know, buying something and selling it back for twice the price to the same place you just bought it is pretty much always either a glitch or a mistake and definitely an exploit and its the sort of thing you should report rather than take advantage of.

Now you know. And knowing is half the Battle!

Topic locked.
    >^-^< Calming Cat signature to prevent Heart Attacks

Gnoekeos - Slap Gaming Minecraft Server Admin

Minecraft Admin
    Plugin Dev
    Memer
    Memes
    Howmany things can I add here?
    Top kek
    Quite a few actually.
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Stoux
    Minecraft Name
    Stoux
    Normally I ignore all PMs I get about ban appeals, since they are already being handled in the ban appeal. But in this case, I'm going to respond due to the fact that this also applies to your friends.

So you've send me this PM after your ban appeal got denied:
    Quote Originally Posted by nour
    I really dont understand why i get banned for your servers mistakes. If you had a problem with it, take the money. Banning all of the people that did it wont get your server more people. i looked at the ban appeals and you have banned most of the people. And taking out money from Jace_Keltner_GDR is just really rude. If you really ban people that much and take money, dont mess up the prices. I love this server because i get to play with my friend and the community is really nice. But if i get banned for that i will just say goodbye to this server.
    "I really dont understand why i get banned for your servers mistakes. If you had a problem with it, take the money."
    It was 100% obvious that this was a pricing error. The sign clearly stated "$50" while you only had to pay 50 cents. A honest player would have reported this mistake to the staff, so that they could fix this. However, you and your friends saw it as an opportunity to disrupt the economy and obtain a lot of money illegally. That is the reason you have been banned. The initial ban was for 1 day as I thought you only abused it for a bit and I would take the money away. The next thing I did was go thru the logs to find out what happened. As it turns out you & friends abused this error to illegally obtain 2 million (!!!) ender pearls. The sheer severity of the abuse caused me to reconsider the ban time, and I increased it to 1 week, for all of you.
    As for the "If you had a problem with it, take the money.": I have. I've taken the money away, and started selling the valuables from your plots until I reached the amount you guys glitched in. Since you guys used it for 2 million ender pearls there is not much left.

"Banning all of the people that did it wont get your server more people. i looked at the ban appeals and you have banned most of the people."
    That is correct, but we're trying to be get a nice, fun & friendly community. If you feel the need to abuse the system, steal, or any of that kind I'm not sure this server is the place to be. If you break the rules, you'll get punished. Simple as that.

"And taking out money from Jace_Keltner_GDR is just really rude."
    All the money has been 'rolled back' into the shop. That includes the $13.000 you gave to Jace.

"If you really ban people that much and take money, dont mess up the prices."
    We only ban people who have broken rules. Also, it's only a temporary ban, so you will be able to return in a couple of days.
    As for the 'Don't mess up the prices', mistakes are bound to happen on something large scale as this. However, our Terms and Conditions fully cover what you've done:
    3.7.0. exploiting of our software. (forums, website, servers and/or plugins)
    3.7.1. Any bugs found must be reported to a staff member.
    "I love this server because i get to play with my friend and the community is really nice. But if i get banned for that i will just say goodbye to this server."
    You are welcome to return once your ban has passed. This however is completely your own choice.

Also in a response to your original post of this thread: You were fully aware of what you were doing & that it was a error. You instantly tried to return 'the money' (only $10.000) and teleported away.
    I parsed the logs (yay for coding) and came with the following results:
    Player: smurphyman112 => $312.547
    Player: OminousWo1f => $811.423
    Player: Itzpersonal => $679.913
    Player: AtypicalAbyss => $119.336
    Player: spy215 => $37.839

Have a nice day,
    Stoux

4. Likes Ryuuga, Blake liked this post