Sounds Like A Plan! - Powered by vBulletin
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Slap-Snap Reborn! moody_octopus the red panda

Wanne see more? Read last week's Slap-Snap? got updated with Block Theories? Go and check out the Menu~ http://forums.slapgaming.com/showthr...-Nirosu-s-Menu

Heya guys, Slap-Snap's back, struggling to keep up with a snap every two weeks, if possible xD

This week's special guest gets a full Slap-Snap, and for a good reason.

moody_octopus is a mod for the last most(as of this post date), and before she became a mod, and after as well, she had talent in building, with quite some skill with exterior as well as interior.

When i first so moody's house, long ago, I said to myself that she might be good for the return of Slap-Snap, but it was a few months later that we've reached this day, and now not only her house still fits, but she has a bunch of other houses that do! And therefore she has her own full Slap-Snap.

These screenshots show only exterior, but moody is keen on interior as well, and it's recommended to drop by and see it for yourself.
    Her interior style can be best described as "no empty space". and it is filled with item frames, flowers, and many more, with barely any empty spaces, while still having enough space to move around.

Enough of that, let's head to some screen shots!

Slap-Snap I.jpg
    This one is definitely my favorite, and as well as the house i referred to in the description, and I think this speaks for itself.

Slap-Snap II.jpg
    Next up a different style, though it may look simple choice of materials, the exterior is well made, and the location as well as the small lake is nicely done, this definitely captures the theme of a jungle house next to a lake, or in a lake

Slap-Snap III.jpg
    Was having second thoughts bout this one, I gotta admit, at first glance it might not look that impressive, looks a bit bizarre, but the way it is built shows the opposite, it's a modern-like house, and it has an interest shape, you don't see much of these around, at least not in this style, which makes it unique.

Slap-Snap V.jpg
    Another nice house, a trip inside might be a good thing to do if you are around.

Slap-Snap IV.jpg
    And here we can see something a bit different, sure, might not look amazing or unique as the rest, but this is in fact moody's first build in the server, and I insisted on putting this as well to show you that it's possible to improve, and it is possible to become better builders, it might take a month, it might take a year, but it's possible, and it can happen

And for the finale, the long-awaited interview!

1. Could you tell us about your experience in the Slap-Gaming server and community?

Well I joined in early September of 2013, if memory serves correctly. I joined because my Boyfriend, Imallskillzy plays, and is a mod here, and I just wanted to play with him somewhere. I gained membership within hours and made friends with many members, most notably Stoux2 and Honkin_pigs. Towards December of 2013 I applied for rank of Guide, was accepted, and was a pretty decent guide, then on February 2nd of 2014 applied for Mod and gained the rank of Trial-mod, and Feb 28 earned full mod. Since then I have been a member of staff and had a very lovely experience with many players on the server and built many things that I am proud of.

2. How long does it usually takes you to finish a build?

It usually takes me anywhere from two days to 6 hours, depending on the build. The first step is replication. I'll be watching the tele or reading a book or wasting time on tumblr and see something and it impresses me enough to want to make it. Somethings I have built are replications, like my Modern house outside of Stoux2's tower in Eastern Plains in the Old world, but most things I have a vague idea, like with my mesa house I said to myself, " I want to build something vaguely Victorian style but with clay." So I did a bit of research on houses like that and that's what I got. Next comes planting the walls of the house. Then gathering starter material, and this is where Skillzy comes into play. Skillzy gathers most of the materials and does most of the redstone wiring. The comes my least favorite part... Roofing. I can't even begin to tell you how many times I've looked at skillzy and said, "Sweetheart, you're not going to like this, but I need more netherbrick stairs". And after the roof comes interior design, then External landscaping. And then I'm pretty much done and I try to find something else to do.

3. What do you think a builder must have in order to improve oneself?

Dedication, a good partner, and above all, an ungodly amount of free time. But practicing is just as important. My first build was my Castle Norr, and you know what my second was? The beach house.

4. Could you tell us about your projects in progress?

I have an ongoing build in the Pixelmon server. It's a very large mansion just outside of a dessert village, but like, it's so big. It's too big, but I think it's beautiful. I've got the outside built, but I'm still working on the inside. I call it the Pokemon Mansion.

5. Any tips you'd like to give to the fellow aspiring builders?

Be careful when you go to harvest trees. Do it preferably it the RW, or if in the survival world, just don't tree grief. Tree jail is a real place.

6. What do you think the server is lacking or needs improvement with?

I don't think we're lacking anything, and the only thing I see that could be improved, from a mod's stand point, is the /modreq system. Now, when I say that, the only thing I think that needs to be improved is the player's ability to make the same modreq that has already been made once in the past five minutes, but other than that, Our mighty king stoux2 has the world on his shoulders with all that he does, and people keep asking him when various minigames will come out and why things are taking so long, and they have no idea how hard he works, and I wish they'd shut the h*ck up.

7. Anything you'd like to add?

Now, with all that I just said, having been said, I would LOVE for Sethbling's building game to be implanted, but I realize how much work that would be, which is why I haven't been pushy or annoying about it.

8. Anything you'd like to suggest to Slap-Snap Reborn?

Nope.

9. anything you'd like to note about the experience of having a slap-snap or answering the questions?

It's a good way to get your name out on the server that you're a rad builder.

And that's all for this Slap-Snap, special thanks to our guest moody_octopus, and look forward for next time, when we hopefully have a mix, or a Slap-Snap bout another builder worthy of a full one!
    Be sure to check the previous Slap-Snaps! check it out via the menu! the link is at the top of the post!
    / _____ \/_____\
    <({U})> . . <({U})>
    /\

Nirosu

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    lordgandalf
    Minecraft Name
    lordgandalf
    I know some more people worthy off a full one nirosu ........

3. Likes Blake liked this post
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lordgandalf View Post
    I know some more people worthy off a full one nirosu ........
    Oh, right, but "they" always slip off my mind XD
    Will get to it as soon as I see "them"

For those who don't understand, wait for next Slap-Snap
    / _____ \/_____\
    <({U})> . . <({U})>
    /\

Nirosu