Sounds Like A Plan! - Powered by vBulletin
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Slap-Snap Reborn! Lordgandalf, Owner of the One Ring to build them all!

Wanne see more? Read last week's Slap-Snap? got updated with Block Theories? Go and check out the Menu~ http://forums.slapgaming.com/showthr...-Nirosu-s-Menu

Heya, this time we're on schedule (yay), having exactly a week between the last, and hopefully next Slap-Snap Reborn~~~!

This week, as the title "suggests" we're holding a very special guest who's been here on the server more or less as much as I did, this means about 2 years now.

lordgandalf, now a Trial Mod, is a very special guest, whom I been delaying his slap-snap for so long XD and I take all the blame, he helped me much when I needed advice/feedback or w/e, and I owe some of the Slap-Snap to him, without him I probably wouldn't have made them as good as now.

lordgandalf is also the owner of the original Slap-Land, and you are free to go and enjoy the rides and explore the wonderful park- all built in survival, well, most, not sure about the giant Hatsune Miku statue.

lordgandalf is also currently the bug gym leader at the pixelmon server, feel free to beat him up sure a nice battle.

He also managed reading most of my books, and that's something considering the fact I wrote like 30 already, and he's writing an IRL book, if I recall.

Well, that's it for the introduction, as I believe some of you if not most have already met him, so let's move to the picture part.

Slap-Snap III.jpg
    A nice looking shop built in Bioshock City, which lordgandalf also help build, It has a good shape and use of materials, don't know about the inside, but with gandalf I can assure you it's not bad

Slap-Snap IV.jpg
    The first floor of Gandalf's Sky Scrapper in old survival Downtown, impressive and worth a visit, as most Downtown builds

Slap-Snap II.jpg
    Not too far from there, lies his house just next to mine at Suburbs, Old Survival, for those of you who don't know, Suburbs is invite only- Jack gives out plots to the top builders of the server, well, used to, and I'm sure he might do so for some of our new great builders when the time comes.

Slap-Snap I.jpg
    This one is definitely creative, so don't suffocate upon seeing it, it's quite impressive, and it's well planned, apart from the fact that at real life this thing will sink faster than the titanic, I'd love a cruise on something like this... if it's more stable of course.

Slap-Snap V.jpg
    And for the end we got something that became a tradition of Slap-Snap, Gandalf's first house in the server, 2 years and see what he has achieved, and where did he start, getting into suburbs sure is something, and also becoming a mod, sure he might not be the best builder, but he is a good person, and in my opinion this counts more than some virtual placed blocks in the shape of a good house

And for the finale, an interview from lordgandalf:

1. Could you tell us about your experience in the Slap-Gaming server and community?

I found slap online some years back in a search for a nice server to play the new game i just bought called minecraft.
    Since then i have noticed that slap is much more than that its a gaming community where we play many games and talk to many interesting people online

2. How long does it usually takes you to finish a build?

The smaller ones complete in a week or so. The larger single buildings took me multiple weeks to complete.
    I start with a outline how i like the house and then its walls first then floors then insides

3. What do you think a builder must have in order to improve oneself?

I need to complete my own projects more often still have some big projects coming.

4. Could you tell us about your projects in progress?

Im still working on my new downtown towers.
    Also am i working on a mountainhome which is really in the starting phase
    Also there is Slapland Reborn which could use some more attention

5. Any tips you'd like to give to the fellow aspiring builders?

Rebuild,Rebuild,Rebuild.
    If you dont like something rebuild it until it looks nice.
    Also never give up, if it isn't working out let it rest and come back later.

6. What do you think the server is lacking or needs improvement with?

The server could use some more community builds would love to make some enviroments where people can walk in and get sucked in by the stories

7. Anything you'd like to add?

You shall not pass !!

That's all for this Slap-Snap, right on time! join us next week, hopefully with an exciting... well, interesting... maybe cool, Slap-Snap Reborn! and maybe a Builder Mix! so look forward to it!
    Last edited by nirosu; 27-04-2014 at 08:40 PM.
    / _____ \/_____\
    <({U})> . . <({U})>
    /\

Nirosu

2. Likes Ryuuga, Laegluin, lordgandalf, Blake liked this post