Steam Name:
    Jackster21
    Minecraft Name
    Jackster21
    Starcraft Name
    Denby

[MC] In-Game Rank Changes!

Greetings Slap Gamers!

For close to a year now, we have had a rank on the Minecraft Server called Guide.

The Guide rank was initially added so that players who wanted to be helpful to new members, but could not commit to being a full time member of staff, aka a Moderator.
    Since adding this rank, we have had some issues regarding the status of a Guide.
    Guides never have been, and will not be a member of "Staff". They are simply there to help people with their first steps on our server, for example, help them find their first plot, tell them basic commands, show them around, etc.
    However, the Guides we had did want to help more than that, and were given other permissions such as the ability the answer basic modreqs, or to jail players who were breaking rules. This was fine at first, but just added to the confusion of people thinking Guides were staff.
    So at our most recent Slap Gaming Staff Meeting, we discussed what the future of the Guide rank will be, and the following changes have now been made:
    • Guides no longer have a gold rank in-game, they will have the rank "Guide" but it will be represented by their original rank colour (Green for Member, blue for VIP etc.)
    • Guides no longer have access to any additional commands
    • The only thing we will ask Guides to do, is assist new players with finding their feet on our server, getting them started, and assisting them where possible.
    • Guide Applications are no longer open to all players - Potential Guides will be chosen by current staff, then approached and asked if they would like to take on that role.

There has also been a rank on the Minecraft Server called: SLAP.
    The SLAP rank was added to identify members of the wider Slap Gaming Community on the Minecraft Server. For example, if you were a member of our Call Of Duty, Team Fortress, Battlefield, etc. clan we would grant you this rank in-game.
    However, over time these other communities have slowly decreased in numbers due to our main focus being around our Minecraft Community. Therefore, because of this, we have decided to remove the SLAP rank from the Minecraft Server.
    We will still actively play on these games, but just as a wider community. There will also be clans/teams setup on these games, (for example we currently have an active Battlefield 4 Clan on PCi) but you will receive no perks for being a member of these clans/teams on the Minecraft Server.

If you have any questions relating to the changes above, please make a comment below and I will respond to your questions accordingly.
    Last edited by Jackster21; 31-01-2014 at 08:10 PM.
    Jackster21 - Slap Gaming Owner

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Blakethesnake04
    Minecraft Name
    LaCrepe
    Wont it be more confusing for the new player to know there a Guide because its the same color as some people?

Minecraft Admin
    Plugin Dev
    Memer
    Memes
    Howmany things can I add here?
    Top kek
    Quite a few actually.
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Stoux
    Minecraft Name
    Stoux
    Quote Originally Posted by Blake View Post
    Wont it be more confusing for the new player to know there a Guide because its the same color as some people?
    You're not the first to say that, however: The whole idea behind guides is that they handhold people, welcome them to the server, show them around. If new players need to find/approach the guide instead of the guide approaching them, then something is going wrong.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    lordgandalf
    Minecraft Name
    lordgandalf
    I see why this is done shame to see the tags go but oh well they didnt imply much other than making the person wearing it look like staff.
    Will the minecon tag also be gone or is that oine still alive ?
    And will the slap tag still be on the ts server ? or will it be gone there as well ?

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    roodypatooty
    Minecraft Name
    roodypatooty
    Shame to not be able to do some of the stuff we were previously able to do but I trust the staff's judgement and this change will not affect my role as a guide I can still do everything I need to so Im happy

6. Likes BabyDoggyShadow liked this post
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    lordgandalf
    Minecraft Name
    lordgandalf
    Guides where never meant to beable to kick or even jail people in the first place if im correct

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Blakethesnake04
    Minecraft Name
    LaCrepe
    I remember kick was removed from them Lord but they can still jail

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Jackster21
    Minecraft Name
    Jackster21
    Starcraft Name
    Denby
    Quote Originally Posted by lordgandalf View Post
    Will the minecon tag also be gone or is that oine still alive ?
    And will the slap tag still be on the ts server ? or will it be gone there as well ?
    Minecon, Livestreamer, etc. etc. will all stay.
    > There are 6 account levels on the server: Owners,Admins, Moderators, VIP's (Whats VIP?), Members and Builders.
    > You may also see people with either yellow or teal names. These are given out under special circumstances for various reasons, normally stated in their rank name.
    Teamspeak SLAP rank will be given to people who are members of Slap Gaming Clans that are not a MC player (e.g. Battlefield players)
    Jackster21 - Slap Gaming Owner

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    UrbanPretzle
    Minecraft Name
    jimred9
    I like the change, apart from the lack of a distinctive color, i like it It also is a step into turning slap gaming back into a PC clan with some other active games than minecraft...

11. Likes Blake liked this post
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like

where is everyone?

What has happened to this server?? its a ghost town.
    ~Lifes journy is not to arrive at the grave safley in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, " Holy shit!...... What a ride!"~

13. Likes honkin_pigs, Blake liked this post