Thread: Separate Chats

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    S!ap.IsaacGS459
    Minecraft Name
    IsaacGS459

Separate Chats

When I'm trying to talk to Nirosu and Slime_Blue at the same time when building and there are other conversations going on at the same time on the server, it makes it difficult to work on a project. This is especially true when we're /msg-ing each other to avoid others bothering us about the project. If the server had a separate chat room for VIP, like PvP has Team, None, and All (none to everybody on the server, all to everybody playing PvP atm for those who don't know), it would allow us to work without distractions. @[Name] might be difficult, but it shouldn't be visible to thte people in these chats. I propose the following command:

/vipchat {1,2,none}

As I said, it might be difficult with working with a couple other plugins, but it may be worth it in the end. It's possible you can slightly modify PvP chat commands to where the VIP chats don't show regular chat. I also propose two separate chat rooms, so two different conversations can go on without interrupting each other.
    Lucario Out!

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    S!ap.Slacky
    Minecraft Name
    slacky456
    Problem with that feature is less people will type in the main chat, so there's less interaction between everyone online. And I personally think that's way less inviting to play on a server where everyone is grouped up in their own chats. (lessi nteraction)

Is just my opinion on that suggestion
    Woop woop!

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    20th time I see such a suggestion.... XD
    / _____ \/_____\
    <({U})> . . <({U})>
    /\

Nirosu

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    nathanlad830
    Minecraft Name
    nathanlad830
    This is already a thing with admin chat I believe, but I agree with slacky, less interaction = less attractive to new people playing on server

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    S!ap.IsaacGS459
    Minecraft Name
    IsaacGS459
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanlad830 View Post
    This is already a thing with admin chat I believe, but I agree with slacky, less interaction = less attractive to new people playing on server
    I'm not sure if that would be the case. I am one that often spends time in chat to talk to everybody. In the cases where 15-20 people are on the server and you need to speak to a small group of 3-5, such as building and group mining, a separate chat would be ideal. Another option is having a separate chat assigned by a moderator or admin to a specific person and that person allowing certain people in the same way as IRGs. Then, when the project is over, the chat is removed. (This may mean Niro has a permanent one due to the amount of projects he runs...)
    Lucario Out!

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    lordgandalf
    Minecraft Name
    lordgandalf
    Admin chat is a needed thingy for admins and mods to chat without other people knowing what they are talking about.
    What might be nice is like a shortcut thingy or something like that.
    Seperate chats have been sugested like 100 times already and till today its still nope for the reason slacky points out

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    What I want to see is a command that will be something like "/re" that will be used to reply whoever you last messaged, rather than whoever last messaged you. this could help staff and people from sending messages to other players that "pop up" here and there.
    / _____ \/_____\
    <({U})> . . <({U})>
    /\

Nirosu

8. Likes lordgandalf liked this post
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    lordgandalf
    Minecraft Name
    lordgandalf
    I like the idea to have such a command

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    S!ap.IsaacGS459
    Minecraft Name
    IsaacGS459
    Then I support the idea of a person being assigned a chatroom by staff for a temp time. They add who they need to work on the project, then the chatroom is disbanded. This would be especially useful next month when the coaster contest starts.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    I see it as only trouble just talk freely and it will be fine if you need a private chat go onto the 1 on 1 chat on ts