PDA

View Full Version : The towns are too dark! Why fight when working on a plot?

IConquer1101
31-05-2012, 06:39 PM
I suggest we add a lighting system for the streets.

It doesn't have to be anything fancy, just perhaps blocks of glowstone or redstone lamps made to look pretty. Lamps would make it better suited for functionality, since you could turn it off.

But how would we turn it off? A switch? that'd be silly. This is minecraft! we automate things!

So I suggest we implement a day/night sensor. This tutorial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWndB7k4bQ) details how one can be built, and simply put, it will send a redstone signal out when it is nighttime. We could attach this to the lamps lining the streets, and effectively keep the streets safe for us late-night builders.

Now, I'm not one to ask people to build things just because. I am quite happy to work with redstone, and if you guys decided to implement it, I would be perfectly willing to work the project myself!

What do you guys think?

MurasakiRyu
31-05-2012, 06:51 PM
No. This is a survival server. Survive harder. Go build in the wild if you want to light everything up.

IConquer1101
31-05-2012, 07:31 PM
No. This is a survival server. Survive harder. Go build in the wild if you want to light everything up.

By that logic, we shouldn't have plots...

MurasakiRyu
31-05-2012, 09:03 PM
We have plots so people have set areas they can build because we are a large server. You can go build in the wild if you want. But plots are so people can have land, not so they can build is peace.

Gnoekeos
07-06-2012, 03:18 AM
Even if we did light the streets from what I've seen that's not going to help. Most of the mobs I encountered on the streets at night have come from empty plots or plots that aren't well lit.

iainj
07-06-2012, 09:51 AM
IF there're mobs spawning in your plot then put some torches down. If they're in a plot near you, build a door!

guska
18-06-2012, 06:16 AM
I personally quite enjoy wandering the streets beating up zombies and skeletons.

Clearing the zombies from the plot across the street when they are beating on the door, to shut them the hell up, isn't quite so pleasant, there's usually 2 or 3 in there, and it gets quite noisy.