PDA

View Full Version : Admin abuse

Geoxer
15-07-2012, 09:43 PM
Admin came in deleted my xp farm cause its against the rules to watch youtube and kill mobs i guess, because dumb avatar kept going afk i think. All i gotta say maybe msg the player instead just delete his stuff to see if hes really afk. Don't get me wrong its a Good server but admins take wrong approach to everything it seems. This prob be locked or deleted because people call everything trolling now. But meant it as constructive criticism nothing else. anyway was fun for the few days i guess cya later.

Telluur
15-07-2012, 09:52 PM
i stood there, watching you for at least 3 minutes, next to a mobspawner.
and as stated in our terms and conditions:

4.5.0. Being ‘AFK’ near a mobspawner block is strictly forbidden.
4.5.1. ‘AFK-ing’ near a spawner will result in the spawner being removed. It does not matter to who the mobspawner belongs.

again, im very sorry, but that's our policy.

You're still welcome,
else i wish you the best on another server ;)

veryunderstated
16-07-2012, 11:36 PM
I think the problem is that you don't seem to understand what AFK means. When you're not moving and you let the mobs pile up(even just two or three) it lags the server. It doesn't matter if you weren't actually "away from keyboard", you weren't moving and you weren't killing the mobs which caused lag. The fact that this is explained in the rules that you're supposed to read when you sign up means that notice doesn't need to be given as it already has been given IN THE RULES.

If you want to use a spawner, don't be at the spawner unless you're actually killing the mobs as they spawn. You can't let them pile up at all, ever. If you're going to do something other than kill mobs, leave the spawner first or else it will get removed.

Jackster21
17-07-2012, 10:23 AM
^
What he said.

Well wrote Mr.Veryunderstated

sporefan
17-07-2012, 11:02 AM
Just a question here...
what if the killing mobs part of a spawner is auto (EG use pressure pads then pistions) so the mobs don't pile up but your still AFK at it?

veryunderstated
17-07-2012, 11:17 PM
Just a question here...
what if the killing mobs part of a spawner is auto (EG use pressure pads then pistions) so the mobs don't pile up but your still AFK at it?

from what I understand that is fine. a grinder is what that would be called. the problem is more form the exp farms it seems.

but I'm not staff, so I may be wrong but I doubt it.

MurasakiRyu
17-07-2012, 11:33 PM
Just a question here...

from what I understand that is fine. a grinder is what that would be called. the problem is more form the exp farms it seems.

The problem we have is with lag, so I suppose as long as it wasn't built on a plot, and you didn't let any stack up I suppose it should be ok.

veryunderstated
18-07-2012, 11:19 AM
Just a question here...

The problem we have is with lag, so I suppose as long as it wasn't built on a plot, and you didn't let any stack up I suppose it should be ok.

well, the idea of a grinder is that they don't stack up. they are killed as they spawn. usually through drowning or falling damage. unless it's a poorly built grinder there is little to no chance of lag being caused as far as I can see.