PDA

View Full Version : About these clans...

DerpTwigs
14-11-2012, 12:08 AM
I generally think these clans are utterly bad ideas.

These things are essentially what power faction servers, are they not? I may be a member of DIFA, but I generally am one who seeks homeostasis. Sure, in-game I can get to be kinda weird, but I generally will steer things back to where it began.

Now, concerning these clans;

I'm all for team work and group efforts, even PvP teaming. Even so, I can remember a long time ago that there was a super-clan; it contained about 20 people (?) and, as a collective, created so much grief, such as;

"DIFA sucks!"

"OMG DIFA Scams!"

... and then later...

"WTF I got robbed/griefed!"

The last part was mainly caused by the fact that the super-sized clan were all on a huge WG and, because of that, everyone could literally do as they pleased (until they are log-blocked, that is.)

Then there's PvP teaming. I generally believe that "If you die in PvP, your items are at the mercy of your killer." But then, there is the following situation:

Player in good armor walks in. Beats a few heads.

Other players who have nothing to lose run in and punch him/her, locking the player in PvP.

Eventually, (I mean this is spades) the player dies/loses his/her equipment to endless waves of fisters.

Now, as I said before, "If you die in PvP, your items are at the mercy of your killer." I elaborate and say that this applies in a fair fight. I hardly see losing your hard-earned gear to people who go in with nothing just to chip away at your armor as fair.

tl;dr

I'm sick of these new clans popping-up (at least the ones that do nothing but clog the server chat with drama).

MurasakiRyu
14-11-2012, 06:33 AM
The problem is they claim huge chunks of land, and the members are at the mercy of the "leader". Instead of them disbanding when the leader gets banned or never comes back someone randomly claims power, which leaves it open for a whole bunch of drama. They also hoard a ton of materials. DIFA and other guilds I recall had huge stores of Diamonds and Diamond gear. It was almost a scam because they would all pool their resources and so newbies who had nothing might join a clan and then suddenly Diamonds everywhere scamming the natural economy of the server where you build yourself up from wood. Or a scam in such a way that the leader would demand they go mine for Diamonds and then hoard them all for themselves.

DIFA was, at first, a group of people who just wanted to to support each other in pvp, and then trick or taunting people into running into pvp only to be slaughtered for laughs, and then flaunt their power until no one wanted to fight against us. After that it got old, and we started building the DIFA town. It started with my house and Cyros. Fast forward to now and my house is no longer mine, and cyro is banned, yet DIFA still exists. There should be a policy on these clans, so they are kept from becoming too powerful, and having the power to cripple the economy.

And Derp is right, all they do all start drama. They create hate and negative attitudes. This isn't a faction server for a reason.

Trainman42
14-11-2012, 04:15 PM
agreed, but most PVP teams just PVP and make a castle to live in. Take ROB for an example, which I'm in and im not dissing, but they only have a few players and a small castle. The leader is a pretty good PVPer and most of the time, there is some people who dont want to join DIFA because of the banned leader and other people. If no one joins DIFA, then they may be removed. If noone joins ROB, then no one gets that PVP team. If there's no PVP team, then people just join together in the PVP arena and fight other PVPers. I get what you're saying, but they're not just popping up. They're properly planned out and accordingly brought to the server. ITs not like what you're thinking, its not even close to that, its people planing out what to do when they want a PVP team and none are accepting applications, so they make their own. See ya later, derp.

naithantu
14-11-2012, 07:38 PM
Surprised this topic is actually made (and first responded to by) difa members (or former members, no clue who is in it right now). xd
Completely agree about the part that it causes drama, it was the reason I never liked difa, getting 3 modreqs a day about members stealing from each other wasn't that great xD
The clans that we have now are not much more than small pvp groups though, at least that's what they seem like to me. If I would have a problem with a clan it would be with how difa was when the town got big, not the way the clans are now :3

abusqa
15-11-2012, 01:59 AM
Surprised this topic is actually made (and first responded to by) difa members (or former members, no clue who is in it right now). xd
Completely agree about the part that it causes drama, it was the reason I never liked difa, getting 3 modreqs a day about members stealing from each other wasn't that great xD
The clans that we have now are not much more than small pvp groups though, at least that's what they seem like to me. If I would have a problem with a clan it would be with how difa was when the town got big, not the way the clans are now :3

You're just jealous that you're not in DIFA <3

MurasakiRyu
15-11-2012, 05:28 AM
I agree with you, the little ones are not that bad and never really were, but DIFA and pattons guild were problem children. Difa more than anyone. Its when they get big that they cause the most trouble.

It's easy to look back and realize that you did wrong, hard to see it in the moment.

ceasar8
11-12-2012, 01:01 AM
Whats wrong with DIFA!? There can be clans its just like having a military!

Ryuuga
11-12-2012, 12:47 PM
and military is used for what? last time I checked they were used for things like war :P.
But yeah my main problem with clans is indeed that they either become too big or have massive storages of resources. A clan sounds nice and all but can cause massive headaches for the staff due to there being a ton of people on the same WG which rarely ends well.
Besides that a clan doesn't need much common ground like a whole fortress shared with all for example: I made everyone who contributed to SLAPLAND part of DBAP (Dudes Building A Park) my own unofficial "clan":P . But almost none of them have access on the whole WG of slapland.
But all this rambling is of course just my opinion feel free to disagree XD

lordgandalf
11-12-2012, 01:00 PM
The DIFA of the current days isnt that huge anymore i believe.
And the DIFA village isnt used anymore i believe never gotten wg right anyways.
But most of the DIFA members who are PvPing do it because they like to battle people from all over the server nothing more or less imho

OreoDogDFW
21-12-2012, 02:24 AM
It's almost like a little sociology experiment :P
I guess that's just the tendency of human nature though isn't it.

SparkleUnidog
22-12-2012, 10:01 AM
I must be new to this, as I've never seen DIFA cause a problem like that. If anything, there isn't really many people in that clan now, is there?

Ryuuga
22-12-2012, 11:50 AM
you're right sparkles but as in the normal world there are bad people and good people in clans and clans can't always respond properly to arising problems.

Chumizu
22-12-2012, 04:55 PM
At least Difa knew when to stop :3