PDA

View Full Version : Slap-Gaming Minecraft Adventure Comic

SparkleUnidog
24-11-2012, 02:41 PM
Well, this idea has been flowing around my head for a while... and I'm now certain I wanna do it.

For a few months now, the idea of making a Minecraft comic has been buzzing in my mind to do. Not just a comic, but an adventure comic based in the world of Slap-Gaming. I like the players on this server, and love the mods/admins and the friends I've made on it even more. So many things have happened on it that ideas have kept coming up that I've had to throw it onto paper. Now I wanna make a comic of it all.

A whole story has started to form, and I'd really like the pleasure of using Slap-Gaming as it's world, and the people who play on this server as it's characters.

If you like the idea and if the owner/admins/mods of this server are also happy with the idea, should I go with it and make a big comic and stuff of it? Post ya thoughts please. :3

UPDATE 21/09/2013: I haven't had a lot of time to work on this right now, but I had wanted to show you all the front cover (that is complete) at least, to show I AM slowly working on this. However, I couldn't find my folder with the work in. Soooooo have a doodle of the first front-cover idea i had (that the real front cover is based off):
http://s14.photobucket.com/user/Riete-chan/media/IMAG0140.jpg.html

UPDATE 18/03/13: Okay, the comic has started! The front cover is nearly finished! I plan to get a scanner soon so I can upload stuff. :3 The only thing I'm missing now are the characters. I have a good few already, but I'm still missing skins! What do you want ya character to look like? Please upload a picture of ya character in all angles for meh!
(Also, if you want to be a character in the comic, maybe main or minor, just post a pic and a small description of what your character is like and where they come from. :3

CURRENT CHARACTERS:-
- Sparkleunidog (lol me)
- Char -
- Slacky -
- Ryu -
- Dal (please let me know if this is okay)
- Jack (please let me know if this is okay
- P4R4
- Arykai
- Lordgandolf
- flrn
- hbman
- Jason
- Niro
- Thekrafter

Please let me know if I've missed any current ones! (I don't have my notebook open... lol) Also, i need pics from all of you! I only currently have Lordy's... Heh.

Charlotina
24-11-2012, 11:31 PM
Yeeeee!! Go for it!! Wooohoo!!
Famous Emodog is gonna be famous!!

lordgandalf
25-11-2012, 12:52 AM
I would say aye to this idea.
I would love to see a comic based on minecraft and for sure a minecraft comic about slap gaming

TheKrafter1923
25-11-2012, 08:00 AM
Sounds like a really nice idea miss Sparkle ;D go for it!

Laegluin
25-11-2012, 10:09 AM
Awesome idea! (especially if you include naithantu who gets killed by some wolves)

Slacky
25-11-2012, 12:51 PM
Go for it Sparkle :)

Ryuuga
26-11-2012, 05:57 PM
LOVE the idea sparkles but I doubt starting it big will be easy so you might wanna start out small like a one page story to start it though. (note to self: don't talk like I do stuff like this XD)
2nd thing although I highly doubt it you might wanna confirm that people have no problem with you using their character/in game name in your story. like make a list for people who want to be Exclude from it (should make it very short :D).

DerpTwigs
26-11-2012, 07:39 PM
I'll call playing the lonely hermit =P (I own enough builds to do this ._.')

lordgandalf
26-11-2012, 09:32 PM
You may use me and slapland or any of my house in youre comic - Permission Granted xD

flrnprdmn
27-11-2012, 01:18 PM
Nice idea :D

I would love to be in there :)

Ryuuga
27-11-2012, 01:24 PM
oh yeah me me me got to be in it XD.
Btw are you gonna post it on a separate website or on this thread and how are you going to do this?
(if you're gonna use screenshots you might wanna use F1 to get a clean screen first.)

Laegluin
27-11-2012, 01:58 PM
Nice idea :D

I would love to be in there :)

That would fit pretty well :P
Will Sir Smashalot defend his castle or will evil Jack win?

Jackster21
27-11-2012, 04:02 PM
i am interested to see where this leads....

lordgandalf
27-11-2012, 08:58 PM
If needed i may be able to donate some space on the webz

SparkleUnidog
28-11-2012, 03:14 PM
Thanks everyone! :D

I only plan to use players who a: allow me to use them and b: Don't exsist to start with.

I have a plot forming, but I wish to work on it a bit before I get started. :3

What I'm planning is uploading the comic and pages onto my DeviantArt account, and then placing links on this thread. so that way, people can keep up with it, give suggestions and all nice and tidy.

Thank you to those giving me permish to use places and players, I'll keep ya all posted on how far I am. I'm planning to uplaod character ref sheets and stuff first before doing the main comic. And Ryu is right on the mark there - I was thinking of doing some small stories to get going with the whole comic idea and things before going onto the main plot I wanna do. :3

Keep the suggestions and stuff coming! :D

Jackster wants to see where this leads? Hohoho...

flrnprdmn
28-11-2012, 05:54 PM
That would fit pretty well :P
Will Sir Smashalot defend his castle or will evil Jack win?
What castle? I have a farm imperium! :D

And a castle and a port and loads of branch offices

Laegluin
29-11-2012, 02:31 PM
What castle? I have a farm imperium! :D

And a castle and a port and loads of branch offices

Hm..
Will Dr. Smash and his evil mutated potatoes overwhelm jack?

Ryuuga
14-12-2012, 11:59 AM
hmm wondering how far sparkles is with this since I believe she started working again :D

DesignTrice
14-12-2012, 12:26 PM
Awesome idea Sparkle! I really like it! :P

SparkleUnidog
14-12-2012, 03:49 PM
Still working on it guys. Slowly, oh so slowly, but small little comics are forming.

Just need to buy a scanner and then I'm ready to go. =P

Ryuuga
17-12-2012, 07:56 AM
just send it to the netherlands and I'll scan it for you :P

SparkleUnidog
17-12-2012, 03:07 PM
lol if I had the money and trusted the post enough then I would xD

Ryuuga
19-12-2012, 08:09 AM
yeah postal service making thing go poof since they were founded*send stuf using slow mail* *few weeks later aaaand...it's gone * XD

lordgandalf
19-12-2012, 09:30 AM
since dutch postal system is privatized its a mess.
Packages getting lost.
Th dutch jewelery association has discouraged there users to use the standard dutch postal service.
They had some complaints about missing gold and gems and other stuff.
And the dutch postal system ssems to get upset when people move i still get stuff of the original owner :S

Ryuuga
19-12-2012, 10:32 AM
makes me wanna post a gps device to america and or something to see where it goes/ends up XD.

lordgandalf
19-12-2012, 11:36 AM
hmmz interesting idea ryuuga xD.
BTW sparkles already asked santa for a scanner xD
cant wait to see some minecraft comic stuff

Ryuuga
19-12-2012, 12:13 PM
santa is working hard on another wish sparkles has gandalf so we probably gotta wait a year or so before that scanner comes along.

EDIT: of course if someone wants to sponsor a scanner I'm sure sparkles is happy to receive it.

Jackster21
19-12-2012, 12:57 PM
www.GiftSparkleunidogAScannerForChristmas.org

Ryuuga
19-12-2012, 01:28 PM
it's not working for me jack :(

SparkleUnidog
22-12-2012, 10:07 AM
lol I think Jack was making a little giggle there, Ryu xD

Yeah, Santa be making a HUGE wish for this this christmas, but... if some plans go well, I may be able to get a scanner a few months after Christmas anyway :D

If not, I'll see if someone has a spare they could lend meh... >> << -shifty eyes-

Ryuuga
22-12-2012, 11:48 AM
hmmm I'm still wondering if jack shouldn't make a "Sponsor sparkles comic" option in the donation shop :P

EDIT: Not to forget a "Sponsor Jacks Drinking" option

SparkleUnidog
22-12-2012, 04:59 PM
I'd perfer a "sponsor sparkle's not losing her home" option more, to be honest xDDD

Ryuuga
24-12-2012, 10:32 AM
I know but people tend to give more if they expect something in return for it sparkles not to say you couldn't use said funds for that purpose since if you don't hve a home you won't be able to make the comic. btw doing decent with those long shifts?

SparkleUnidog
24-12-2012, 10:39 AM
Somewhat. Did a 14 hour shift, yesterday - and doing another 8 hours today. Have Christmas Day off then 7-8 hours shift Thursday. Hoping to get more hours in these next few weeks. D:

But yeah, I get what ya mean there Ryu xD Twas more of a joke, really. But meh, I am hoping to get these few mini comics up soon, as it helps detract me at the moment. Writing little books in MC too :3

SparkleUnidog
31-12-2012, 11:16 AM
Alright, since I'm sure a scanner is out of the question right now, I'm thinking of getting some practice in with my Tablet I bought a while ago, but never really used.... xD; Anyone interested in having their MC Character getting drawn? ;D

Drisana
31-12-2012, 11:56 AM
Do eeet! I wanna see and you have my permission too :P Draw me draw me draw me!!

lordgandalf
31-12-2012, 12:30 PM
me is interested how i would look ^^
Why is a scanner out of the question ??

SparkleUnidog
31-12-2012, 05:32 PM
Because i has no scanner and can't buy one right now :P

so... shall draw ya both! :D

lordgandalf
31-12-2012, 05:40 PM
Ooh me is awaiting the drawing

Ryuuga
01-01-2013, 06:12 PM
after that me me me!

SparkleUnidog
18-03-2013, 10:03 PM
Okay, the comic is under way! Just need pic refs of my characters now... lol. Please post screenshots/other of ya character, please! :D

TheKrafter1923
18-03-2013, 10:07 PM
Could I be in it Emma? :)

SparkleUnidog
18-03-2013, 10:12 PM
Yes! Just post some pics and stuff about ya ;D

Ryuuga
19-03-2013, 08:32 AM
don't you already have most of the characters specs in your handy little book sparkles? but just post some in-game pics of our characters then? :S

SparkleUnidog
19-03-2013, 09:26 AM
I haven't got screenshots, Ryu - and like I said, my notebook is on MC, which I'm not logged onto right now xD Also, I want people to post the skin their happy to use for the whole comic, as I'm not changing anyone's skin half-way through :3

flrnprdmn
19-03-2013, 09:38 AM
http://i.imgur.com/RaFqQVX.png (http://imgur.com/RaFqQVX) http://i.imgur.com/2iztgGH.png (http://imgur.com/2iztgGH) http://i.imgur.com/r0M5UwU.png (http://imgur.com/r0M5UwU) http://i.imgur.com/H9quKpI.png (http://imgur.com/H9quKpI)

That good sparkles?

I want to be in it of course. :D

Ryuuga
19-03-2013, 09:47 AM
http://i.imgur.com/RaFqQVX.png (http://imgur.com/RaFqQVX) http://i.imgur.com/2iztgGH.png (http://imgur.com/2iztgGH) http://i.imgur.com/r0M5UwU.png (http://imgur.com/r0M5UwU) http://i.imgur.com/H9quKpI.png (http://imgur.com/H9quKpI)

That good sparkles?

I want to be in it of course. :D
flrn you're a natural for modeling ^^

nirosu
20-03-2013, 08:17 PM
I'd realy like to join the comic too, I am able to contribute with storyline if there's any need.

Storyline of my charecter? well, a wolf-dog that his kind was massacared by Garrenferr, the evil warrior known also as The Grieffer.
As the last of my kind, I found myself struggling to survive, unfortunatley, passing out in the edge of a forest(or w/e), luckily the group of heroes(if you'd agree to this storyline) find me and one of them decides to keep me as his/her pet.
I am found out later to have telepathic power that allows me to communicate with my master.

Personality in the comic:
curious, smart, innocent, creative.
likes: likes to play with wolves, dogs, hunt for treasure, to scribble with colors on books, likes bones :3
alergic to watermelons.
Abilities: can smell treasure, detect enemies, bark, color using paws, walk on two legs for a short duration.
Loves attention like a puppy, feels sad whenever it rains, afraid of thunders- makes me cry to my master.
Also has the ability to take pictures/drawings and show them to people, may be used for also communicating maybe.

Please note my shape should be more to be on 4 legs rather than two, so here's a picture of a dog from a texture pack that is likely closer to the shape.

Realy like to join the comic :S

Jasonli123
21-03-2013, 03:25 AM
Ooh I wanna be in comics!
Here's my backstory.

Orphaned as a child, Jason was raised by a used cat salesman on the streets of Detroit. At the age of 15 he decided he wanted some adventure in his life and bought an aircraft carrier from the British Navy. He sailed the 7 seas for three years teaching math to pirates, fishing for Atlantis and going into singe combat with Cthulhu Eventually he got tired of that dull life and bought a subterranean bunker off the coast of Peru from which he is planning to stage a coup and create the Lawn Gnome Nation. He plays minecraft in his spare time and his best friend and loyal comrade is Pat, the baker with a past who won't take no for an answer. He looks like Kite and spends most of his time in fountains.

I almost think it's a little too real....

lordgandalf
21-03-2013, 12:54 PM
Do you need my stuff also miss sparkles ?
you had screenshots off me or do you want fresh ones ?

hbmann
21-03-2013, 03:37 PM
That's me :P
http://i.imgur.com/r0KraMo.jpg

SparkleUnidog
21-03-2013, 06:48 PM
Do you need my stuff also miss sparkles ?
you had screenshots off me or do you want fresh ones ?

I still have ya screenshots. :3 I just can't remember if I gained a small backstory from you to work with... if I didn't ask you to write in my notebook, note something down here ;D

lordgandalf
21-03-2013, 09:23 PM
Its in youre notebook im sure xD.
When you took the pictures i was allowed to hold youre notebook and type my backstory

SparkleUnidog
22-03-2013, 03:55 AM
Ah okay, then I have what I need from you :3

Ryuuga
22-03-2013, 10:58 AM
Ah okay, then I have what I need from you :3
I keep forgetting to do this damnit >< well my avatar is the front if that's worth anything if you see me online later today remind me to do this :D.
EDIT:
and here's the criminal ma'am
http://i.imgur.com/zthPQRx.jpg

lordgandalf
23-03-2013, 08:42 AM
Omg its over 9000!!and where did you get that poster thingy from??

Arykai
23-03-2013, 01:28 PM
Here are a few angles of my Tree Ent Skin. I am greatly looking forward to this story! :)

May the roots of thought grow deep and imagination branch throughout your mind!

Ryuuga
23-03-2013, 03:03 PM
Omg its over 9000!!and where did you get that poster thingy from??
Igot that poster thingy from this thing called paint :P and about 15 mins working on it XD. If you want you can use it yourself just use paint to replace all he images etc.
EDIT: the wanted text is NSimSun and the name text is Rockwell extra bold I think

lordgandalf
23-03-2013, 05:56 PM
Igot that poster thingy from this thing called paint :P and about 15 mins working on it XD. If you want you can use it yourself just use paint to replace all he images etc.
EDIT: the wanted text is NSimSun and the name text is Rockwell extra bold I think

Oh :S lol

SparkleUnidog
24-03-2013, 03:44 AM
May the roots of thought grow deep and imagination branch throughout your mind!
It is an honor to have you within the story, Treeman <3 I'd love to have Haven as a main used place in the story as well :D

Arykai
24-03-2013, 04:29 PM
By all means! :D
Haven is a site of the server community. I'd be incredibly happy to have it in the comic. Though now I'm wondering if Sky Castle could become a story arc in the comic! The comic is yours, but it'd be neat for some of the group to travel to it through the challenges.

I'm sitting here shaking my head at myself because that project isn't even done yet. The messages are taking a long time to be setup due to timing and errors, I think. I'd love to chip in with ideas and story arcs if you wouldn't mind listening.

SparkleUnidog
24-03-2013, 06:40 PM
By all means! :D
Haven is a site of the server community. I'd be incredibly happy to have it in the comic. Though now I'm wondering if Sky Castle could become a story arc in the comic! The comic is yours, but it'd be neat for some of the group to travel to it through the challenges.

I'm sitting here shaking my head at myself because that project isn't even done yet. The messages are taking a long time to be setup due to timing and errors, I think. I'd love to chip in with ideas and story arcs if you wouldn't mind listening.
Oh god, I'd love to do this! :D

And please, speak away! I'd love to hear stories and ideas you have - the more the better I can make this comic work :3

Arykai
29-03-2013, 12:40 AM
Draw faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer!
I'll donate some of my twigs for you to burn into charcoal if it will help!

Ryuuga
29-03-2013, 12:49 PM
Draw faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer!
I'll donate some of my twigs for you to burn into charcoal if it will help!
what arykai burning trees? blasphemy! hurry it up sparkles before arykai start burning trees down :P
EDIT: on second thought take your time don't want to spoil anything for you sparkles ^^

Arykai
29-03-2013, 01:25 PM
My twigs fall off just as your skin sheds human. Plus if I didn't get a trim I'd be a walking bushel of leaves.
I must keep myself well kept.

SparkleUnidog
29-03-2013, 02:23 PM
lol- ...wait, does that mean when I play in all the fallen leaves and twigs... that was like dead skin?! O.o EEEWWWW

I've done the front cover, all coloured and stuff, and a few ruff sketches of the first few pages. Just waiting to have enough money to buy a scanner :U

Arykai
29-03-2013, 02:40 PM
leaves are more like hair.

SparkleUnidog
29-03-2013, 05:55 PM
._.

...A funny picture has appeared in my head, and now I must draw it..

Arykai
29-03-2013, 08:40 PM
I get the feeling I will feel embarrassed by this picture. Still, I look forward to seeing it.
>.<

Drisana
17-04-2013, 08:01 AM
Exciiteeedddddd

nirosu
17-04-2013, 10:42 AM
Driss.... did you just revive a thread XD?

p.s- sparkle, how's the comic going, maybe share some pics? :3

SparkleUnidog
17-04-2013, 01:44 PM
Oh Niro, I want this thread always revived - it's where all the comic stuff is going :D

But yes, it's going well! I have the front cover pratically done now and the first chapter being draft out. Though I'm think of quickly doing the prologue first...

Drisana
18-04-2013, 12:36 AM
Driss.... did you just revive a thread XD?

p.s- sparkle, how's the comic going, maybe share some pics? :3

Yes. I did. I don't want this thread to vanish into the deep dark abyss of read/forgotten threads.

nirosu
18-04-2013, 02:59 PM
Yes. I did. I don't want this thread to vanish into the deep dark abyss of read/forgotten threads.

awwww <3

Cats_say_moo
18-04-2013, 05:06 PM
Cant wait Ms. Sparkle aka Sprakle xD (Cant WAIT FOR ITZ)

Arykai
18-04-2013, 07:47 PM
*anticipated tree noises*

Ryuuga
19-04-2013, 07:10 AM
So the 1 million dollar question sparkles have you got the money for a scanner yet? :D

Cats_say_moo
19-04-2013, 05:08 PM
So the 1 million dollar question sparkles have you got the money for a scanner yet? :D

Ooh Million Dollar Password :D, I assume (Drum Roll) That you should go to a public libary and scan them for about $0.05 each! May seem a bit strange a person walking in with handdrawn pictures of random things copying things and such (Seems pretty werid but #yolo) <3

SparkleUnidog
19-04-2013, 07:31 PM
Sorry Cats, I'm not gonna travel all the way to the next town/city just to scan some paper every time. :/ That would cost me way to much xD

So Ryu, no i haven't xD I will soon though!

lordgandalf
19-04-2013, 08:49 PM
Time for the employ youth campaign to get some money for sparks scanner

Arykai
20-04-2013, 10:28 AM
How much does a good scanner cost then eh?

Ryuuga
21-04-2013, 04:11 PM
not sure but I'd guess $150 or something? :S

EDIT: a quick study tells me scanners go from anywhere between 55 euro's up to 5596.40 euros
although the most expensive one seems to be a document scanner with a DPI of merely 600 while some of the 150 euros scanners have a DPI between 4800 and 9600 weird printer people :P

nirosu
21-04-2013, 07:13 PM
ryuuga..... don't forget there's a thing called 3d printer, so there's bound to be a 3d scanner as well... :P

SparkleUnidog
21-04-2013, 08:55 PM
Not to meantion we in England use pounds(£) not Euros :P A printer can still cost me £50 or more, and that's too much for me to spend in one go right now.

Arykai
23-04-2013, 10:22 PM
I'm mighty tempted to make a donation to the cause of a scanner.
Mighty tempted indeed.
*contemplating tree noises*

Arykai
04-05-2013, 12:08 PM
Come on Sparkle! Can you give us maybe a sneak peek or maybe a little tid-bit of info about what's going to be happening in the first chapter?
I'm dying to know! >.<

Jackster21
04-05-2013, 12:12 PM
Emma, mail them to me and I can scan them all at work?
We have hugeeeee very expensive scanners!

Drisana
04-05-2013, 01:00 PM
I wanna be in your comic tooooo! I wanna look like me and act like me! :P I never thought to do this, herp derp Drisana's brain!

So here's me! Drisana! Queen of the Ice! Loves her people, has a ton of wolves and enjoys farming and planting by hand! :D 180

SparkleUnidog
05-05-2013, 11:01 AM
Arykai:- You're too kind Treeman :D But if you guys want, I can take a photo of the title page of the first chapter - so that way you can see what's coming. ;D

Also, little hint; the first chaptoer will be slightly boring... but the shortest. The real action will happen in chapter 2. :3

Jackster: I dunno... I fear that I might lose my only orignal copies in the post D: But if it still takes me too long to get my own scanner, I'll think about doing that :3

Drissana: You proon, lol

erikrlz10
09-05-2013, 12:40 AM
How much when published?

SparkleUnidog
09-05-2013, 11:12 AM
How much when published?

What do you mean "how much"? As in costs? Uh... no, it will be free to look at online, as it's a fan based thing. :/

Ryuuga
09-05-2013, 06:06 PM
What do you mean "how much"? As in costs? Uh... no, it will be free to look at online, as it's a fan based thing. :/
you could mention donations are always welcome sparkles ^^

WirelessPillow
11-05-2013, 05:57 AM
I like this Idea =D, how come I haven't seen this before D=???

Is there space for a pillow in the comic or does that mess with the setup =O?

SparkleUnidog
11-05-2013, 07:45 AM
Nope, Faceless pandas are welcome still :D Juuuuuust post a screenshot of the "skin" you want me to use <3

jimred9
11-05-2013, 10:47 AM
hello I'm jimred9 and I would love for my character to be included in the comic (If at all possible).

My character would just be a minor guy and he is a funny miner with many various skills, including gast hunting..... Overall he could, somehow, fit into any story line and he would be a good character to be put into the comic. I would love for him to be put in to the comic, is that ok?

p.s: I will be adding photos of my skin in a bit (as im slightly changing it).

Thank you,
Jimred9

SparkleUnidog
11-05-2013, 05:19 PM
Sure, just post the skin you want used when ready :P

WirelessPillow
11-05-2013, 06:57 PM

Will this do =O?

erikrlz10
11-05-2013, 07:10 PM
Can I be in there as a guy who is always looking for more supply's. my ign is erikson98745

erikrlz10
11-05-2013, 07:11 PM
Can I be in there as a guy who is always looking for more supply's. my ign is erikson98745

http://www.minecraftskins.info/static/preview/ezio.png

Arykai
11-05-2013, 09:47 PM
There's going to be SO many stories! :D
I can just think of them now!

SparkleUnidog
12-05-2013, 02:49 AM
You bet, Treeman. I'm gonna need a lot of paper ;D

and those skins are fine guys, thanks :3

Ryuuga
16-05-2013, 03:34 PM
sooooo what's the current status on scanner funds sparkles? :P

SparkleUnidog
17-05-2013, 03:14 AM
Naff. I just can't afford one, and the cheap ones are crap to the point that it just doesn't scan the pages right. SO.

I've decided i'm gonna pull out my tablet pen and learn how to use it, and re-draw the pages straight onto the computer - like I was thinking of doing ages ago... just need to dig out a proper art program. :3

Ryuuga
17-05-2013, 09:15 AM
Naff. I just can't afford one, and the cheap ones are crap to the point that it just doesn't scan the pages right. SO.

I've decided i'm gonna pull out my tablet pen and learn how to use it, and re-draw the pages straight onto the computer - like I was thinking of doing ages ago... just need to dig out a proper art program. :3
could you define "proper art program" becus I'm thinking of GIMP when you say that but you might prefer more something like photoshop wouldn't mind helping look for one if you could give me some requirrements :S

SparkleUnidog
17-05-2013, 07:43 PM
Is gimp a good program? I've always used MSPaint, but it's a bit naff for this sort of thing.

nirosu
17-05-2013, 07:51 PM
I use paint.NET, but I know gimp is a good program, not that I've tried much of it, but Paint.NET is also quite good, derp.

You can even use pixlr.com, it's quite similar, and no download needed, however Idk how it would work on a tablet pen thingy

lordgandalf
17-05-2013, 08:54 PM
the gimp is the open-source painthsop pro like tool

Laegluin
18-05-2013, 09:04 AM
I have used both gimp and paint.net and have to say that gimp is a lot better for drawing, even though the interface is not as clear as paint.net's.

nirosu
18-05-2013, 09:34 AM
I have used both gimp and paint.net and have to say that gimp is a lot better for drawing, even though the interface is not as clear as paint.net's.

just what I thought, I just couldn't figure what gimp wants from me, it has not much of an interface, but since we have people who know how to use it, then sparkle, you should go for it :P if ya need help we'll back you up as much as possible.

IceBurgers
27-05-2013, 10:09 PM
Lemme be the crazy Goblin with a Meth Lab / Drug facility. Completely bonkers, the rest is up to you really, unless you want me to expand xD

http://i.imgur.com/2IfyCzt.png http://i.imgur.com/fw03eVz.png

SparkleUnidog
27-05-2013, 11:22 PM
no no, that sounds good ;D Would make an awesome side story!

horsegal00
28-05-2013, 04:10 PM
Sparkle can I b in it if I send u the skin I wanna use?

SparkleUnidog
28-05-2013, 10:03 PM
Of cause you can!

horsegal00
29-05-2013, 08:50 AM
Awesome, can u draw me as a pony causse It doesn't look right as a regular skin cause its a pink blob xD

SparkleUnidog
30-05-2013, 08:14 AM
Sure xD I'm assuming its the same as your avatar?

horsegal00
30-05-2013, 08:26 AM
Yes, it is, r u gonna draw from my avatar or do u want me to make a proper skin for u to look at?

Ryuuga
30-05-2013, 11:40 PM
once upon a time there was a sparkleunidog that promised a comic and we're still waiting....
but seriously isn't there anything you can show us yet sparkles dear?
like sketches or something that will show us how you're progressing?
have you made any progress with that tablet drawing yet?

<--- brat that is impatient as hell when he wants something :P

SparkleUnidog
31-05-2013, 02:58 AM
lol lol oh Ryu xD

I have a bunch of pages, but can't get them on the computer. So I'm re-learning how to use my tablet, so once I've done that I'll re-draw the pages onto the computer.

It's also that I've not had a lot of time to do so, lately... I've been very busy :/

WirelessPillow
18-06-2013, 01:39 AM
I am posting here because bump?

KongIV
29-06-2013, 04:22 AM
You doing an online one? I'd love to see a link of it when finished. :D

utecitec
29-06-2013, 06:18 AM
If you are still taking characters I would love to be in. I would be a wizard who lives alone in a tower. I could be small side character. My ign is utecitec if you decide to include me.

Madkiller212
29-06-2013, 07:02 AM
Yea , if your still taking character things , plehz draw me , ima wither in a tux. Go to http://www.minershoes.com/editor and search madkiller212 :P

SparkleUnidog
21-09-2013, 05:59 PM
Soooooo...

some of you have wanted to see how the comic has been going. In all honesty, I just haven't been able to work on it lately. HOWEVER! I do have some pages in doodle -stages and the front cover complete! but...

due to a huge tidy of mine, I seemed to have miss-placed my folder. I did however, find a note-book I did my first front-cover doodle in. It's pretty bad, but the real cover is based off of this:

Once I find my folder with my real work in, I'll show you the real thing :3

jimred9
21-09-2013, 06:03 PM
Soooooo...

some of you have wanted to see how the comic has been going. In all honesty, I just haven't been able to work on it lately. HOWEVER! I do have some pages in doodle -stages and the front cover complete! but...

due to a huge tidy of mine, I seemed to have miss-placed my folder. I did however, find a note-book I did my first front-cover doodle in. It's pretty bad, but the real cover is based off of this:

Looking good :)

Ryuuga
21-09-2013, 08:28 PM
first reaction: wow this is still going? O_o
second reaction: jay pictures :D
third reaction: that picture looks very promising/good :D

SparkleUnidog
22-09-2013, 02:02 AM
Remember, it's only the doodled version - the real picture (when I find my frickin' folder) looks tones better xD

Daire_Tomas
23-09-2013, 09:50 PM
Soooooo...

This is looking great, although I'd fatten up lettering and maybe add some shadows and shading, but that's just me, are you thinking of definite outline of the pictures? Or a shading affect , I'd be happy to show you a few ideas, but someone like you and who's that far wouldn't need them, great job, and cough cough where's my name in character list? :P lol messing :-) keep up good work

SparkleUnidog
24-09-2013, 10:07 PM
This is looking great, although I'd fatten up lettering and maybe add some shadows and shading, but that's just me, are you thinking of definite outline of the pictures? Or a shading affect , I'd be happy to show you a few ideas, but someone like you and who's that far wouldn't need them, great job, and cough cough where's my name in character list? :P lol messing :-) keep up good work
lol if you read my post, you'd see I said this was the first DOODLED front cover I did in a notbook, that I BASED OFF the REAL one i now have. xD

And i haven't added players who want to be in the comic yet, I will do once I've gone through the thread and now what roles people want... lol

Hm... since PVP is becoming popular again, I may have points where the current clans are going at each other?

nirosu
25-09-2013, 12:33 PM
lol if you read my post, you'd see I said this was the first DOODLED front cover I did in a notbook, that I BASED OFF the REAL one i now have. xD

And i haven't added players who want to be in the comic yet, I will do once I've gone through the thread and now what roles people want... lol

Hm... since PVP is becoming popular again, I may have points where the current clans are going at each other?

What about having a few chapters about the pvp clans, how they came to be (a bit off from the reality), what their ambition is, and their clashes :P and in the middle of their final battle, the main story could begin by having a new enemy arise, uniting the clans as allies against a sole enemy in order to restore peace and freedom to the land...

SparkleUnidog
25-09-2013, 06:33 PM
What about having a few chapters about the pvp clans, how they came to be (a bit off from the reality), what their ambition is, and their clashes :P and in the middle of their final battle, the main story could begin by having a new enemy arise, uniting the clans as allies against a sole enemy in order to restore peace and freedom to the land...

Now THAT would make an interesting second comic!

Arykai
25-09-2013, 08:21 PM
I've been looking forward to this for ages! I'm keeping my branches crossed you're able to find your folder! There's nothing more frustrating then misplacing a file folder with important files! >.<
Try searching for the name of the folder/files in the windows search thingy. You may just happen to find them! :D
*happy tree noises*

jimred9
25-09-2013, 08:32 PM
I've been looking forward to this for ages! I'm keeping my branches crossed you're able to find your folder! There's nothing more frustrating then misplacing a file folder with important files! >.<
Try searching for the name of the folder/files in the windows search thingy. You may just happen to find them! :D
*happy tree noises*

I think sparkles has misplaced a physical folder, I think, we are to computerised nowadays... :p

Arykai
26-09-2013, 07:30 AM
Oh well heck that's even worse! I've misplaced things and not found them for years! Though I tend to keep my writing all in one place, I still lose a page every now and again. :s
I hope she's able to scan them, if not now then soon as she finds them. Best to keep a digital copy!

lordgandalf
26-09-2013, 08:32 AM
My writing is all digital much easier but i can see that drawing on a bamboopad or any other digital drwaing pad is not the same as drawing on real paper. But yeah cant wait to see more . And sparkles hope you will find youre folder back and cant wait to see the results.

Daire_Tomas
30-09-2013, 09:52 PM

Just saw that now haha! Great work

Megabuilder1230
16-11-2013, 02:54 AM
Can I please be in the comic?

Ryuuga
19-11-2013, 06:56 PM
can we get a rough sketch of page 1 if you haven't found it yet? :P (i.e. start over with 1 page sketches every week :P)

SparkleUnidog
20-11-2013, 10:51 AM
can we get a rough sketch of page 1 if you haven't found it yet? :P (i.e. start over with 1 page sketches every week :P)
That's what I've been currently doing when i have the time/motivation to do it, but with a tablet to make it look better/easier to upload. Problem is I'm not used to my tablet yet, so practicing with it when I can so it doesn't look so derp.

I keep going on and off with this project since I'm either to busy with work/not motivatied to draw/pretty tired from everything else that I just want to play. So... yeah. But I'm still wanting to do it, and it will happen, even though it's taking forever. Ugh.

Arykai
20-11-2013, 09:53 PM
We're more than willing to wait for this free entertainment.
*patient and still excited tree noises*

mrfrightful
25-01-2014, 02:24 PM
but i can see that drawing on a bamboopad or any other digital drwaing pad is not the same as drawing on real paper.

A Top Tip I got from comic book artist D'isreali, who has worked entirely digitally for over 10 years now, was to tape a sheet of paper over your tablet surface, this makes the drawing surface less slick, and gives you better tactile feedback for more of a 'pen on paper' feel ... because you're using a pen on paper.

SparkleUnidog
25-01-2014, 05:37 PM
Interesting... I should try that!

roodypatooty
26-01-2014, 04:58 AM
Roody says hes ok with being in this as long as he gets the part of being lost for 10 seconds than never being heard of again.

Arykai
28-01-2014, 01:07 AM
*ANTICIPATING TREE NOISES*