PDA

View Full Version : A wild Bluehat appears!

BlueHat
27-12-2012, 07:39 PM
Hello,

My name's Elliot. I'm from the "FTA" crowd that sit up in a password channel on vent and speak to no one else. Yeah... One of "those guys".

I have minecraft but rarely play it unless it's with a few friends. Thought since I've been using the vent server with Duee and Jack for so long, I should probably see what Slap Gaming is actually like!

Here's a bit about me, education / career and gaming.

First of all, I'm a 1st year University student studying Computing and Game Development. I stumbled into this professional and desired career path about 6 or 7 years ago now (so when I was quite young). I started playing some video games and got into World of Warcraft quite heavily. Long story short after my friends quit I moved onto Private Servers a little bit.

From those I got into the server running and staffing side of things, moving from things like being a forum administrator to in game support staff (GM) and slowly learning about how the servers work, including the core and database etc. This sparked my desire for more knowledge.

Here on out I knew what I wanted to be, I wanted to make games.

Cutting a long story short I actually worked on a lot of private servers building a name in the dev community for myself and learning a lot as it went along.

Without going into details I then moved into (uk) college studying a BTEC in IT, learning about all sorts and setting me up perfectly for my uni course.

TLDR:
- Aspiring Game Engineer (Systems Design and Programming) (c#, c++ those kinds of languages)
- Lots of database and server and server core / scripts experience under my belt.
- Love video games with a passion.
- Barely play minecraft, but thought I'd get to know a few people around here as I'm always on vent but don't know anyone from slap gaming (other than Duee and Jack).

So... Hi!:D

Jackster21
27-12-2012, 08:24 PM
Oh god.
Now I have to put up with you on here Aswell?!

BlueHat
27-12-2012, 08:46 PM
Oh god.
Now I have to put up with you on here Aswell?!

For that comment, I'm connecting to the minecraft servers gonna play for months on end and apply for mod etc. KK?

Just kidding :p

Jackster21
27-12-2012, 10:40 PM
For that comment, I'm connecting to the minecraft servers gonna play for months on end and apply for mod etc. KK?

Just kidding :p

And for months on end I will fire kitties at you that explode. :D

BlueHat
27-12-2012, 10:56 PM
Oh no! Im allergic to adorableness!

Jackster21
27-12-2012, 11:22 PM
Oh no! Im allergic to adorableness!

http://www.gameinformer.com/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Components-ImageFileViewer/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files-14492/6758.Untitled.jpg_2D00_610x0.jpg

BlueHat
27-12-2012, 11:48 PM
*Successful reference is successful!*

Jackster21
28-12-2012, 09:30 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwtbkv2q5s1qjx8gno1_500.gif