PDA

View Full Version : SLAPLAND Valentine's Day Event

Ryuuga
22-01-2013, 10:08 PM
SLAPLAND Valentine's Day Event

http://i.imgur.com/wHusQjb.png

Valentine's day is coming again!

I thought it would be fun to make a small scale competition for this day
this is privately funded and organized by me so please do not ask other staff concerning this event!

The Event
In SLAPLAND there are some Valentine's plot. Slapland can be reached by using the teleport pad to it on the 2nd floor in the blue section of the spawn.
The general idea is to built a valentine's day related something.

The Rules
Member or higher only
First to post will be the first to get a plot when there aren't enough plots available
staff can join and win the contest
You will be allocated a 15x15x50 plot to build in. You cannot build outside this area.
You can only build on your own - Your friends can sit and watch and give advise, but you must be the 1 placing the blocks!
If your plot is left blank for more than 24 hours after allocation, it will be removed from you.
The content of your plot must remain 'clean' - no rude remarks or anything offensive please!
You can NOT change the base of the plots since the area under some of the plots is still in use.
You can built anything you want inside the plot a house, ride, pixelart or something else
If a build is left half complete and un-touched for more than 3 days it will be removed and reset for a new player
The build competition will end on the 13th of February 2013 and the winners will be Notified in this thread shortly after!***
Do not use gold, diamond or emerald blocks (since staff can get these too easy)

The Prizes
Prizes for the event are as follows:

1st Place: - 5 emerald blocks and 3 diamond blocks
2nd Place: - 2 Diamond blocks and 1 emerald block
3rd Place: - 1 diamond block and 10 gold blocks

How To Enter
Think you've got what it takes to enter The SLAPLAND Valentine Event 2013?
Then simply post a response to this topic below stating which plot you would like (Choose from the list below) and why you think I should choose you for the event!
I will then allocate you a plot in-game and, notify you of this on this thread & will add you to the list below!*

Competition Entrants
Plot 1: Claimed By Sparkleunidog!
Plot 2: Claimed by TheKrafter1923
Plot 3: Claimed By Bandana6!
Plot 4: Claimed by DesignTrice
Plot 5: Claimed by akn429
Plot 6: Claimed by ParagonSpider
Plot 7: Claimed by KeroroGX
Plot 8: Claimed by MADesigner
Plot 9: Claimed by Mr_headphone
Plot 10: Claimed by Nirosu
Plot 11: Claimed by Slap_Panda
Plot 12: Claimed by! Barefootfox1663
Plot 13: Available!
Plot 14: Available!
Plot 15: Claimed by dany25

If you are not taking part in the event feel free to take a look around the build area!

Good Luck To All Competition Entrants!

Happy Valentine's day To Slap Minecraft!

* I have up to 48 hours to allocate you a plot for the Event
** All prizes are subject to change & depends on quality of build
*** Once the event closes on February 13th 2013 access to your builds will be removed permanently
**** If you fail to complete your build and your plot is removed, any blocks that were removed from the starting event plot will have to be given back to the server.

Bandana6
22-01-2013, 10:10 PM
Can I please have the 3rd plot? <3 Happy Valentine's Day! <3

SparkleUnidog
22-01-2013, 10:11 PM
lol Plot 1 as I claimed it the moment you made it xD

TheKrafter1923
22-01-2013, 10:12 PM
Can I have plot 2 ryuu? Hey that rhymed thanks -TheKrafter1923 :)

Ryuuga
22-01-2013, 10:12 PM
plot 1 and 3 given sparkleunidog and bandana6

DesignTrice
22-01-2013, 10:19 PM
Can I have plot 4?

akn429
22-01-2013, 10:42 PM
Can I please build on 5 :) Since this one is more limited though I understand if you want to give it to somebody who has been here longer than me.

MADesigner
22-01-2013, 10:48 PM
I would like plot #8 please. Thank you :D

Bandana6
22-01-2013, 10:59 PM
All have been given plots!

KeroroGX
23-01-2013, 12:22 AM
could I have plot 7 please? thanks

ParagonSpider
23-01-2013, 12:41 AM
Could I have plot 6 please? :D

scaver12
23-01-2013, 07:53 PM
Can i have plot 6 please? :) -Mr_headphone

Ryuuga
23-01-2013, 07:53 PM
Plots given paragonspider and keroroGX

I added more plots since all my current plots are already taken after 1 day (heck I almost doubled the amount) :D

EDIT: Mr_headphone plot 6 was taken so you got plot 9 instead

EDIT2: forgot to make my text pink :P

ParagonSpider
24-01-2013, 03:11 AM
Is it OK if I record my build for youtube, although it's going to be in.... well.... about 5-8 parts long? :D

I already have in my head what I'm gonna do, ontop of that, it would be kinda cool to see how the other person did it in their view. :3

EDIT: I'm gonna start to build at 9:30 am (Us & Canadian -5)

The video will be very long if I'll post it here. I'll mash it into one movie/clip which will be pretty long. Also quick question: Should I use trial version of Fraps or use CamStudio? (Which one has better quality for Minecraft). ^.^/

Ryuuga
24-01-2013, 07:44 AM
that's fine paragonspider you can even add the videos in this thread since it's related and I am curious about them. Just remember you only have until the 13th of february (no not the 14th since I'm guessing some people do have stuff to do on that day unlike me :D)

EDIT: keep forgetting to make my text pink :P

PanDa
24-01-2013, 08:37 AM
Can i have plot #10 plux? i'm a bit of a romantic so this suits me well :*

Ryuuga
24-01-2013, 12:15 PM
uhm maybe stupid of me to ask this only now but can everyone who's going to apply after this post mention his/her/it In Game Name(like Mr_headphones did) so that we/I actually can WG the plots to the correct people? I.E. PanDa is your IGn the same as on the forum?
and Paragon Spider as I have no experience with making video's in minecraft I have no idea which one is better.
p.s. I should figure out how to make minecraft video's someday though(*writes it down on his private to do list Nr.210823 Learn how to make a minecraft Video* :P).

p.p.s. richie still want a plot there's more now and they're still free

nirosu
24-01-2013, 02:15 PM
I'd like a plot aswell, will do my best at building something

Nirosu

Ryuuga
24-01-2013, 05:42 PM
Nirosu you have been given plot #10
Panda can you please confirm your in-game name because I don't remember seeing it before

PanDa
24-01-2013, 06:44 PM
Sorry :# if plot 11 is still free ill have that one please :) My IGN is Slap_PanDa :S

Ryuuga
24-01-2013, 06:49 PM
added you to plot #11 Slap_Panda

ParagonSpider
25-01-2013, 06:37 AM
Ryuuga, i left my plot empty cuz i got no mats for mai pixel art. Ill be backbonbsunday to breed my sheep for more wool

edit: my phone is being dumb T.T

Ryuuga
25-01-2013, 07:49 AM
then just place 1 block of dirt everyday(or just once) so I can confirm it's at least in use or being built on please :S

ParagonSpider
25-01-2013, 07:51 AM
then just place 1 block of dirt everyday(or just once) so I can confirm it's at least in use or being built on please :S

can you put a sign on it for me? I have no access to pc right now, or tomorrow. Put a sign saying im going to build something, just not enough mats.

Ryuuga
25-01-2013, 07:54 AM
k I'll do that if I remember it. I still have empty plots so I'm not going to wipe any claimed plots for now anyway though :D

ParagonSpider
25-01-2013, 08:46 AM
k I'll do that if I remember it. I still have empty plots so I'm not going to wipe any claimed plots for now anyway though :D

Ok :3

dany25
27-01-2013, 03:06 PM
can i have plot 15??

Ryuuga
28-01-2013, 08:08 AM
sure although currently I don't have access to minecraft so you could ask another mod to WG it for you if they need proof you can refer them to this post :D if not I'll do it in the evening when I'm on in about 10 hours or so XD

ParagonSpider
28-01-2013, 02:35 PM
sure although currently I don't have access to minecraft so you could ask another mod to WG it for you if they need proof you can refer them to this post :D if not I'll do it in the evening when I'm on in about 10 hours or so XD

I started breeding sheep, I'll have the wool I need soon, but how am I gonna build without falling to my death by accident (just thought of that)? Imma bring someone with me to give advice and retrieve my items when i die (to give them back lol) and will prolly pay them iconomy money :P

Ryuuga
28-01-2013, 03:16 PM
ever thought of setting a home there? if you don't have enough now is the time to buy them since it's 50% off all home deals

EDIT: dany25 plot given!

ParagonSpider
29-01-2013, 09:01 PM
ever thought of setting a home there? if you don't have enough now is the time to buy them since it's 50% off all home deals

EDIT: dany25 plot given!

I got 1 sethome avail :o

Barefootfox1663
03-02-2013, 06:04 PM
I want to have plot 12 please.
Thanks

Ryuuga
03-02-2013, 07:32 PM
plot 12 given to you Barefootfox1663 (http://forums.slapgaming.com/member.php?13930-Barefootfox1663)

Ryuuga
14-02-2013, 01:10 PM
okay the competition is officially closed now results will come out as soon as I can check the results.

Ryuuga
14-02-2013, 05:54 PM
The Winners Have Been Chosen......

And They Are......

1st Place: - Slap_Panda
2nd Place: - MADesigner
3rd Place: - Bandana6
main prizes can be found in a chest on your plot please leave your plot alone once it's finished or feel free to finish it if you haven't already (please notify me (ryuuga) by in-game mail or forum pm once your finished/collected your prize so I can close of the plot)

Congratulations to all our competition winners!
I will be contacting you all later today to give you your prizes!(or notify me once you are online and see me :D

All other competition entrants (who built something) will receive $100 in-game!*
list(underlined means you already received your reward):
sparkleunidog
Paragon Spider
thekrafter1923
akn429
Kerorogx

Once again thank you to everyone who took part in this competition!
Happy Valentine Slap Gaming Minecraft!

akn429
14-02-2013, 07:51 PM
Crap sorry Ryuuga :( I've had a lot of craziness going on and I totally forgot about it. Good job everybody!

Ryuuga
14-02-2013, 09:38 PM
np just did it for fun actually got more participants than expected even though not all have built something on their plot :P. anyways might be a while until the next competition need to mine new rewards and find a new competition ground.

SparkleUnidog
15-02-2013, 03:27 AM
I don't recall being online since Wednesday, so how were you able to give me prize money? xD

Unless you can still send money to people who aren't online too?

TheKrafter1923
15-02-2013, 03:30 AM
I don't recall being online since Wednesday, so how were you able to give me prize money? xD

Unless you can still send money to people who aren't online too?
Sparkles you can do /money pay [Player Name] [Amount] even if they're not online. :D

Ryuuga
15-02-2013, 07:47 AM
Sparkles you can do /money pay [Player Name] [Amount] even if they're not online. :D
indeed as long as they've been on the server once you can send money to them regardless of rank and if they're online or not. it didn't work for "cookie" though :P
might have made a mistake with the m,ain prizes thogh not sure if the winners can actually grab the stuff due to possibly lwc protection preventing them from accessing/breaking the chest with the prize :S. If that's the case pleas let me know in this forum, pm or in-game mail and I'll look into it.

lordgandalf
15-02-2013, 08:25 AM
if the chest lwc public and they are the only owner of the wg they can open it

Ryuuga
15-02-2013, 08:29 AM
if the chest lwc public and they are the only owner of the wg they can open it
thing is I just placed them there and further did nothing with it. I believe lwc automatically private protects anything you place if so they can't get to it :P I'll look into it later today.