lordgandalf
28-01-2013, 05:17 PM
Would love to be able to sculpt arenas for pvp

Cats_say_moo
28-01-2013, 06:01 PM
I was thinking about building a pvp arena maybe parkour themed <3

Ryuuga
28-01-2013, 06:17 PM
I like the idea but I've neither heard jacks opinion on this nor have the time to actually make it even if he agreed to it.:(

Cats_say_moo
28-01-2013, 06:18 PM
Mr. Naithantu was taliing about people making more maps for him yesturday :3 idk what jack thinks :3

sanderk1997
28-01-2013, 07:18 PM
i can build i have anoug time and anoug materials and i am going to be more online on the server :D

naithantu
28-01-2013, 08:35 PM
If you're talking about pvp maps to be used with simplepvp, you can always make these. Tell me when you're done and I'll copy them over to the pvp world to be used :)

The main pvp arena we have will probably not be changed. :)

Slacky
28-01-2013, 09:40 PM
If you're talking about pvp maps to be used with simplepvp, you can always make these. Tell me when you're done and I'll copy them over to the pvp world to be used :)

The main pvp arena we have will probably not be changed. :)

So we can make PvP maps on the server, and you will copy them? I will try!

sanderk1997
29-01-2013, 11:32 AM
where can we they make on singelplayer of on the server
and if it is not a simpel pvp map

naithantu
29-01-2013, 11:35 AM
Preferably on the server, but if you have a really epic one in singleplayer you can send me the mcedit schematic and I can also import it. I will only import it that way if the map is quite good though :)

lordgandalf
29-01-2013, 01:35 PM
Any requirements spawnpoints etc Naith ??

Ryuuga
29-01-2013, 01:47 PM
Just guessing but since it will be a pvp map how about ...this:
- red camp
- Blue camp
- Waiting room
- depending on the kind of map you're building flags
- depending on the kind of map multiple routes to the flag
- Traps & Tricks
- Cookies (mandatory!)

you know what I'm gonna make a cookie map I think.... yes I will. I will make the pvp cookie!(a chocolate chip cookie of course :D)

damn fell in my own trap again now have like 5 projects to finish, my sewer dungeon (no rush), project M statue(I really wan this finished), the information booth (jack asked for it nuff said) and atlantis I need help :_:.... XD

Jackster21
29-01-2013, 02:02 PM
Further clarification on community built PvP Maps

We are all for community builds, and support that. We love the fact you want something you build to be used by others.
However! regarding the PvP maps.

You can quite happily try and build a PvP map, BUT that doesn't mean you are guaranteed to get it added into the pvp world and as a pvp game!

Once you have completed a potential PvP Map, contact myself via a private message on the forums, and me and the other senior staff will review it.

If we think it is suited, we will add it into the PvP world and turn it into a server PvP game.
IF your map is added, we DO NOT want you constantly saying "HEY ADMIN RUN MY PVP GAME" - doing this will get it instantly removed.
When we run pvp games, you can request it on occasion, but if you are told No, then No means No.

lordgandalf
29-01-2013, 02:28 PM
Jack quick question about pvp games in global. How stable is the plugin ? Because at the moment only a hand full off people can runn pvp games and pvp is a big thing on the server and if there pvp games running there full in a snap.
Possibly you want to give mods rights to run pvp games ?? like they can run cake defence and spleef if im correct so why not let them run pvp games ?.

And damn i might even create a pvp game outside i have some little ideas xD

Jackster21
29-01-2013, 06:04 PM
Jack quick question about pvp games in global. How stable is the plugin ? Because at the moment only a hand full off people can runn pvp games and pvp is a big thing on the server and if there pvp games running there full in a snap.
Possibly you want to give mods rights to run pvp games ?? like they can run cake defence and spleef if im correct so why not let them run pvp games ?.

And damn i might even create a pvp game outside i have some little ideas xD

People are gradually being trained on these features within the server.

The main issue with the PvP plugin is that it needs a lot of people to play it.
Ideally for most maps you need atleast 6 a side, and quite often there isn't enough people online to join in!

I'll look into training some more staff and make sure activities like that get ran more often.

However if you are online and want something running, pop a modreq!

bladrag
30-01-2013, 01:39 AM
I think I'll make a large, open air 16 player supporting map. Provided 16 players can be supported. :P

Just think of a field that is infinity symbol shaped. I'll toss in some caves and a river cutting between two of them. If we can support pigs with saddles and spawning with carrot and sticks or minecarts that would be awesome.