PDA

View Full Version : Book Contest!

nirosu
13-03-2013, 10:30 AM
Dear members, staff and else,

I, [VIP]Nirosu have invited you to a book writing contest.

"Do you aspire to become a writer? do you wish to share your emotions with the society? this is your chance, it seems.
This is an invite to whoever that wants to write, or has a story to share with Slap-Earth, and that is of course, including rewards."

This competition was quite hard, and close, I could barely be able to choose the winner, therefore, this time, there will be two grand winners! so the 1st and 2nd places rewards are split.

Now, rewards:
1st and 2nd place! Lordgandalf's "War Machine" & SparkleUnidog's "Legend of Ender":

A few words from the judge:

War Machine, a bit touching story of a steampunk storyline, which occurs in 1764, in a secret lab at london, it was a great story, which great plot, and it is recomanded.

Legend of Ender on the other side, is a fantasy book, which has a great plot and it is absolutly the kind of epic prolouge/back story should be.

Both winners will recieve 3 k ingame cash, 1 gold block and a copy of Wither Hunter I and II! and their books will be featured at the library!

3rd place: Horsegal00's "The Count": A cute fantasy story, rather short, that is quite charming. Reward: 1.5 k ingame cash, 1 block iron, and a Book(unknown which one)

Lucky Place: Cats_say_MOO's "Pages o Penguin" : I don't realy know how this book passed the first round of applying the book, the book is on the limit of becoming a spam book, buy even so, this book is sure to put a nice smile on a person's face and a big lol in the chat.
The Lucky Place gets 1,000 ingame cash and a fortune I book!

Thank you for participating!

Now for the other books:

"The Noob Rules" by frisky12354: Quite a nice book, might be a bit short and a bit unfocused, but with a few work, I'm sure you could make the next book even better!

"W.A.B.S" by Ryuuga: I personaly loved the study and the information, it might've not put up enough contest with storyline books, if there was a 4th place, than you've got it~!

"Ghosts" by AFC2000:quite an enjoyable tale, short, but nice.

"JOKES BY WACKMO" by Wackmo: A joke book, the jokes are quite ok, but unfortunely, I heard these jokes many times before.

"My First Server" by blakethesnake04: My first autobiography book that I've read, quite a nice adventure inside.

That's all for now!
Nirosu, Admin Wannebe :P

lordgandalf
13-03-2013, 12:32 PM
In game name:Lordgandalf
How long have you been playing on the server:1 year +
Did you write any book before on the server:No / Busy offline to write 3 books atm xD
What is the genere of the book you want to enter:Steampunk
Name of the book(if appliable, you can edit the post and write it later):War Machine
Would you like to donate the book to a library on the server?:Yes

SparkleUnidog
13-03-2013, 01:48 PM
In game name: Sparkleunidog
How long have you been playing on the server: Since October last year
Did you write any book before on the server: On paper yes, on Minecraft, no.
What is the genere of the book you want to enter: Fantasy/Angst
Name of the book(if appliable, you can edit the post and write it later): Legend of the Ender
Would you like to donate the book to a library on the server?: I would love to!

AFC2000
13-03-2013, 07:30 PM
In game name:AFC2000
How long have you been playing on the server:Um ... 6 months -ish
Did you write any book before on the server:Yep
What is the genere of the book you want to enter:N/A
Name of the book(if appliable, you can edit the post and write it later):Ghosts
Would you like to donate the book to a library on the server?:Yea

Cats_say_moo
14-03-2013, 12:09 AM
In game name:Cats_say_MOO
How long have you been playing on the server: 1 YEAR + (ERMG)
Did you write any book before on the server:Mm Hmm
What is the genere of the book you want to enter:Comedy
Name of the book(if appliable, you can edit the post and write it later):Pages o Penguin
Would you like to donate the book to a library on the server?:YEEP (Call me maybe when im online :D)

gilapitatedhalepinio
16-03-2013, 10:01 AM
In game name:codfish40
How long have you been playing on the server:1 year +
Did you write any book before on the server:Yes
What is the genere of the book you want to enter:Bow Enchantment catalouge
Name of the book(if appliable, you can edit the post and write it later):Bow Enchants

frisky12354
16-03-2013, 09:46 PM
In game name:frisky12354
How long have you been playing on the server:1 Year +
Did you write any book before on the server:No
What is the genere of the book you want to enter:Comedy
Name of the book(if appliable, you can edit the post and write it later):The Noob Rules

nirosu
16-03-2013, 09:55 PM
I like how people just copy each word even if it's a side note :P

horsegal00
17-03-2013, 09:38 AM
In game name: horsegal00
How long have you been playing on the server: 5 months approx
Did you write any book before on the server: No
What is the genere of the book you want to enter: Fantasy (I think)
Name of the book(if appliable, you can edit the post and write it later): n/r
Would you like to donate the book to a library on the server?: Yes :)

Blake
21-03-2013, 05:52 PM
In game name:Blakethesnake04
How long have you been playing on the server:About 4 months
What is the genere of the book you want to enter:Non-Fiction
Name of the book(if appliable, you can edit the post and write it later):My First Server

SparkleUnidog
21-03-2013, 06:59 PM
I like how people just copy each word even if it's a side note :P
lol

By the way, since players are slowly joining in on the contest, when do you think the closing date is now?

Ryuuga
22-03-2013, 10:56 AM
In game name:ryuuga
How long have you been playing on the server:8-9 months maybe not sure actually :P
Did you write any book before on the server:yes
What is the genere of the book you want to enter:Fantasy/Study/Magic
Name of the book(if appliable, you can edit the post and write it later):Wands a basic study
Would you like to donate the book to a library on the server?:I'll think about it once I'm finished with the book... If I finish :D

Wackmo
23-03-2013, 01:59 AM
In game name: Wackmo
How long have you been playing on the server:Several months
What is the genere of the book you want to enter:Jokes
Name of the book(if appliable, you can edit the post and write it later):Wackmo's Joke Book

SparkleUnidog
24-03-2013, 06:40 PM
Just would like to let ya know that my book is complete. I feel it is a little rushed, but done none the less.

It is the book form of what I plan as a "prologue" to my comic. :3 It won't really give anything away, so it's still an okay to read :D

lordgandalf
24-03-2013, 07:16 PM
ooh want a copy off miss sparkles book xD my book is not that far from completion its a short story i guess try to strech it gonna try and write a bigger fuller version irl xD

SparkleUnidog
24-03-2013, 08:06 PM
ooh want a copy off miss sparkles book xD my book is not that far from completion its a short story i guess try to strech it gonna try and write a bigger fuller version irl xD

When we're both online I'll give ya a copy ;D

nirosu
05-04-2013, 11:28 PM
Results are in! congratz!