PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion (Rejected): Getting a Booth In the Server Minecon, (Or at least try)

Cats_say_moo
31-03-2013, 07:57 PM
I know this is a bit early to talk about yet its never to early to think about the future,

So this was what i was wondering about because if we did get approved and stuff for a booth and such Imagine the amount of people on slap, Imagine 80+ people (Lol Hard to imagine), It would boost advertising up alot, and probly "Reboot" the server up to when it was 1.2.5 and there were 60+ people on daily!

What is Server Minecon:
Google is your friend, It is for People who can not physicaly go to minecon yet they can join a server that is minecon related.

In my opinion this would be a exciting new start for slap to get even more people on!

~Thanks
-Cats

flrnprdmn
02-04-2013, 09:29 AM
I'd support that.

Daloria
02-04-2013, 10:17 AM
If I remember rightly Jack looked into it and it was very expensive, something like £180.

SparkleUnidog
02-04-2013, 11:57 AM
Thing is Dal, that's waaay cheaper than getting the smallest table at London Expo. :/

But I say, if many players/staff want this, then why not do a small donation towards it? They get a little something for the donation, and a table is payed for. -shrug-

Daloria
02-04-2013, 12:20 PM
Oh dont get me wrong it is a good idea, We shall see closer to the time most likely, When the location is announced etc.

TheKrafter1923
02-04-2013, 12:45 PM
This would be cool :3

Ryuuga
02-04-2013, 12:50 PM
Thing is Dal, that's waaay cheaper than getting the smallest table at London Expo. :/

But I say, if many players/staff want this, then why not do a small donation towards it? They get a little something for the donation, and a table is payed for. -shrug-
it might be a realistic option to maker it a donation option and advertise it a bit you might get the money for it within a reasonable time span(i.e. in a month or so maybe or is this too optimistic?).

lordgandalf
02-04-2013, 02:25 PM
If i did my research correctly Server Minecon is a virtual event its a special minecraft server open in the days that minecon is open.
So you can build a booth there out of blocks and get some members/VIP`s/guide`s and other staff to promote the server.
I remember that a physical booth was expensive and promote on minecon was even pricier.

MaxRoktanskyCrmb
02-04-2013, 02:25 PM
I'd throw some money at that idea, say I could promise 20-25 pounds, if some others could the same, 180 should be easy to come up with....

Jackster21
02-04-2013, 09:08 PM
If I remember rightly Jack looked into it and it was very expensive, something like £180.

Pah!
You wish!

It's in the thousands!

Last year the 3 main stands from community servers were insanely busy etc. etc. HOWEVER after helping set their stands up when I was there I asked how much they had invested into Minecon and was informed they spent $24,000 to purchase their booth, marketing stuff, fly their peeps out there etc. etc.

You think Slap has $24,000?
How sweet. xoxox

Cats_say_moo
02-04-2013, 09:12 PM
hmm, Then the question is whats the next best thing to advertize with that is "Free" and could get alot of attention ?

Jackster21
02-04-2013, 09:15 PM
I went Minecon last year, and was hoping that some other SLAP member would attend, they didn't.
I am planning to go to 2013, and volunteer again, but if SLAP are gonna do anything at Minecon, I need assistance.

When Minecon 2013 is announced, if SLAP members purchase tickets, and prove to me they are going, we would have a few months to plan something serious and get it all arranged.

Until that stage, nothing more will occur apart from me throwing business cards into childrens eyes and threatening them with spoons to join the server.*

*This statement can not be used as evidence against me in court with any of my current cases/any future Minecon related court cases I may or may not get into.

veryunderstated
02-04-2013, 10:54 PM
I think this thread is about getting a booth at the virtual minecon that goes on at the same time as the real minecon, it's not all the expensive and has been really successful for other servers in the past

SparkleUnidog
02-04-2013, 11:21 PM
Well Jack, I plan to go this year (if all goes well), so meh. You have my assistance if i'm going.

Cats_say_moo
03-04-2013, 05:01 PM
I think this thread is about getting a booth at the virtual minecon that goes on at the same time as the real minecon, it's not all the expensive and has been really successful for other servers in the past

Thats exactly what i was going for Veryunderstated :p

naithantu
28-06-2013, 03:46 PM
Please make a new topic when more information is actually available. (I just checked and it's still impossible to get a booth, since we also don't know the price or any other information we really can't make a decision yet)

jimred9
29-06-2013, 10:32 AM
Please make a new topic when more information is actually available. (I just checked and it's still impossible to get a booth, since we also don't know the price or any other information we really can't make a decision yet)

When this post is recreated I would support it, but make it really obvious that we are talking about a vertual booth not a real life booth at minecon! :P