PDA

View Full Version : HELP ME BE A GUIDE!!!

Duncan 8114
08-05-2013, 03:22 PM
can you give me some advise on how to be a good guide????

if you can im normaly on the server!!!!

hope to see you there :D

Duncan

nirosu
08-05-2013, 03:24 PM
ahh...... you are asking us to guide you how to become a guide..... some irony there..

Cats_say_moo
08-05-2013, 05:01 PM
If you would like to become a guide you can apply, the requirements for guideship is there in the thread, so maybe polish up a bit on the requirements?

Telluur
08-05-2013, 05:17 PM
http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/web05/2011/7/10/19/enhanced-buzz-9393-1310339339-16.jpg

lordgandalf
08-05-2013, 05:26 PM
this isnt going to be working thats for sure
*faceplam*

MaxRoktanskyCrmb
08-05-2013, 06:48 PM
Well you were banned less than 2 weeks ago. So getting to be a guide so soon after that is probably not going to happen. In case you forgot, here's the link.
http://forums.slapgaming.com/showthread.php?7671-Duncan8114-s-Ban-Appeal

erikrlz10
08-05-2013, 08:24 PM
Yup you try again in a month you earn it

SparkleUnidog
09-05-2013, 02:44 AM
I have told you a good few times in game what you, and many others, need to do in order to get better.

Being a Guide is not easy. It is hard work. It can take MONTHS for us to see you're Guide material. CONSTANTLY saying you wanna be Guide will not make you one any faster. If we feel you are not ready to be a Guide, we will not promote you. -sigh- Also, constantly going on about it makes it look like you're more interested in just the Guide rank next to your name more than actually wanting to help players.

You wanna know what I did? I played as a normal player for MONTHS when I first joined. I already wanted to help and be helpful when I first joined, but I knew I wasn't really ready. I waited till a MOD and ADMIN went and TOLD me it would be good if I applied, and again, this was MONTHS after I came to the server.

Just because you FEEL you're ready, doesn't mean you ARE.

I say just give it time - keep helping players, show them where plots are, be kind and DON'T be in their face all the time about it. It also helps not to get peeved and upset at things so easiely or take a joke between to players to seriuosly. Step in when it look's like someone is actually getting upset or the other is going beyond rude.

All in all, just allow yourself to grow on the server first, THEN try again and apply. Don't rush these things :3

erikrlz10
09-05-2013, 03:01 AM
I have told you a good few times in game what you, and many others, need to do in order to get better.

Being a Guide is not easy. It is hard work. It can take MONTHS for us to see you're Guide material. CONSTANTLY saying you wanna be Guide will not make you one any faster. If we feel you are not ready to be a Guide, we will not promote you. -sigh- Also, constantly going on about it makes it look like you're more interested in just the Guide rank next to your name more than actually wanting to help players.

You wanna know what I did? I played as a normal player for MONTHS when I first joined. I already wanted to help and be helpful when I first joined, but I knew I wasn't really ready. I waited till a MOD and ADMIN went and TOLD me it would be good if I applied, and again, this was MONTHS after I came to the server.

Just because you FEEL you're ready, doesn't mean you ARE.

I say just give it time - keep helping players, show them where plots are, be kind and DON'T be in their face all the time about it. It also helps not to get peeved and upset at things so easiely or take a joke between to players to seriuosly. Step in when it look's like someone is actually getting upset or the other is going beyond rude.

All in all, just allow yourself to grow on the server first, THEN try again and apply. Don't rush these things :3

I am ready I played scence July 15th and I am ready I won't get in there faces ill welcome them and answer people's help and I saw charolatina and I saw every thing she did I saw other players and responded to what they do and I learnt alot about slap and I'm ready. But if I don't get accepted its fine. I'll Handel other people's problems only if they ask. So I have a strong feeling that I'm ready. And that ill ban anyone that advertises another server. So I will help and not be over controlled. And with the commands I will not abuse them. I will get permission to ban someone. So I'm ready. SLAP has been a really fun experience and I will not abuse other players. And so be it that I'm ready

SparkleUnidog
09-05-2013, 07:35 AM
...then why rely to my post? If you think Your ready then go and apply. :3

Slacky
09-05-2013, 09:56 AM
This topic... I Lol'd

Telluur
09-05-2013, 10:36 AM
Okay, I'll make a final statement to clear things up, before locking this thread.

For those of you interested in being a part of the Slap gaming staff (forums, mc, tf2), here's some advice: Ever since the mc started to grow, we recieve a lot of request on becoming an guide/mod/admin/whatever. but what is important to note is that the vast majority of those requests have been accompanied by a lack of initative being shown. Show some iniative and your work will be noticed, along with your attitude and your passion for the community and the chances of us picking you up to help out will be higher. This should really have gone without saying. If you ask for a position or privileges, you reduce the chances of your getting it. You shouldn't have to ask; you demonstrate that you fit the bill and things should fall into line.

Topic Locked