PDA

View Full Version : Nirosu's Slap-Snap Vol. 4: Jackster21

nirosu
21-05-2013, 05:38 AM
Heya, this week we have a special Slap-Snap about the one and only, pink princess, Jackster21!

First, let's start with a small story.

A long time ago, in like, a year and a month, I have met Jack, and back then, well, I think he kinda ignored me, well, sure he zapped with thunders here and there, but for the ignoring part I got used to, even today, he's very busy after all.

My history with Jack involves mosly thunders, exploding kittens, nukes and kicks, one of his symbols is the Gold Hoe, which can zap a person with thunder, the exploding kittens is the diamond hoe, it doesn't do much damage, it's a bit cute, but anyways, it can be rather annoying if it's more than 10 seconds.

But even if my story with Jack sounds like a disaster, don't be mistaken, other than all the kicks, bans, thunders, exploding kittens, ignoring and nukes, Jack is indeed a fun person to hang out with and such, regardless of his building skills as they were to be seen by most.

Starting with this lovely place in the picture above, this is one of the pvp maps which Jack built, isn't it just lovely? well, I must say it looks quite nether-like, that is a good skill of landcaping, indeed admirable to make a thing in this size.

The Port, one hell of a huge build, it was built by Jack and flrnpderp-MnMs-something-lrndps, not sure who built what part, but it is impressive, and one picture couldn't capture it all.

Derp, no more info is needed, Le Spawn. (it wasn't an individual build actually, it was a teamwork of the staff at the time)

And finally, a huge freaking triangle.

The important part of the Slap-Snap today, is not the pictures, which are lovely, but actually the interview, as it is a one of a kind, considering Jackster beeing the owner of the community and all.

1. How does it feel to be the owner of the server?
It's challenging, yet very rewarding. There's a lot of time and hard work put into it, but is worth every moment, as I will explain more in Answer #2

2. Could you tell us a bit about how the minecraft server came to be? besides the thread about the History of Slap-Gaming?
I am a 'natural born leader' I guess? I always try and take charge of situations in the real world, and online. I like to take charge and be in control. Making a successful gaming community was always an ambition of mine, and after 4 years, I feel I've created something great with SLAP. Giving people a place to come and enjoy themselves in a safe and fun environment is what it's all about. When I log in and I see people enjoying themselves, that makes it all worth it.

3. Could you tell a bit about the experience of being a leader of our successful server?
The 'politics' are the hardest part, and not all the decisions I've made are the right ones.
Being the Owner puts a lot of pressure on to you, and puts you in very awkward and difficult situations, and no matter what you are never going to make everyone happy, but you just have to try and manage it as best you can.

4. Is there any secret update for the community you're working on?
Sneak Peak: http://i.imgur.com/hNGbb0s.jpg

5. Do you have any ambition you'd like to share about our community and the server?
All I've ever from SLAP is to have an international community of people being able to enjoy themselves, and I'd like as many people as possible to experience SLAP. When I see people bring their friends, who bring their friends etc. etc. that's what it's all about, so keep helping us grow!

6. Do you have a catch phrase?
I'm sure the community can think of one for me.

7. Any additional info you'd like to share?
Thank you, all of you, for making SLAP Gaming what it is. SLAP is going anywhere, so stick with us and see what we have in store for you in the near future!

Join us next time, where we try having a Slap-Snap with one of my favourite builders.

Yours Truly,
Nirosu,
Admin Wannebe, expert Interiorist, master builder in training, amateur patterninst, infamous titlist, minecraft journalist, poketrainer.

lordgandalf
21-05-2013, 06:46 AM
Nice slap-snp nirosu-san.
And jack you dont need a catchfrase that awesome you are xD.
Btw the sneak peak does remind me of some map i have seen before

SparkleUnidog
21-05-2013, 07:08 AM
Nice snap! Aw... you should of taken a pic of his "being built skyscraper" - the one that made him late for his football training xD

Hmm... that's an interesting texture pack you got there Jack...

lordgandalf
21-05-2013, 07:18 AM
Its a shader sparkly

Slacky
21-05-2013, 07:33 AM
Indeed, it reminds me of that king of the hill pvp map. Looks nice!
Nice slap-snap nirosu

nirosu
21-05-2013, 11:34 AM
I realy liked my description of "And finally, a huge freaking triangle."

almost killed myself with that description XD (from laughter that is)

I will try to get the picture of the downtown place, but the triangle stays the last one!

Laegluin
21-05-2013, 01:27 PM
I realy liked my description of "And finally, a huge freaking triangle."

almost killed myself with that description XD (from laughter that is)

I will try to get the picture of the downtown place, but the triangle stays the last one!

I almost did.

IT'S A PYRAMID.

D:

Jackster21
21-05-2013, 03:48 PM
Btw the sneak peak does remind me of some map i have seen before

I took inspiration from a build on the server.

You'll just have to wait and see what has been created though!

Any ideas yet?

lordgandalf
21-05-2013, 08:09 PM
The only thing i can imagine that it looks alot like the pvp game map ive seen the king of the hill but that would be weird.
So i have no idea what youre making maybey a adventure ?

crazyredhead27
27-05-2013, 08:23 AM
Nice slap-snap nirosu,i wonder what that sneek peek is???