PDA

View Full Version : Nirosu's Block Theories: Building Basics

nirosu
24-05-2013, 02:35 PM
Wanne see more? seen the latest Slap-Snap? Menu : http://forums.slapgaming.com/showthread.php?7816-Nirosu-s-Menu

Heya all, how's it going? this week's snapshot is all about bug fixes, you don't have much interest in that., in stead I wanne teach you the building basics, which you might think for yourself "I already know this", well, but I wanne give good pictures that provide examples, all the pictures, except one, areof my builds, we'll discuss each seperately, just like Slap-Snap, but instead of praising the builder, well, except that one picture <3, we'll discuss how well the building basic I define are empathized in the builds.

For fanbased reasons, I'll explain you about 4 basics that are in short: S.L.A.P

Of course, it's not in that same order. let's start with S although S is the last of the basics, the last thing you should do, well, maybe not the last, P might come last.

S- Structure - Every building must have a structure, but the idea is, to have a special structure, cause having might be nice, but it's not always that cool, the structure contains patterns, buiildng patterns, walls, floors, height and width, it's crucial to have at least a 3 block cealing, having a 2 block is not something people like, a place should be roomy, even a mine, try making the stairs 3 block high, so you won't bump your head all the time when you go in or out.

First picture break:

This picture is perefect to empathize the Structure, but it uses all 4 building basics, which you will find out soon, this house is a small beachouse I made in order for this Block theory, it was done in sp, and I'm truly sorry that I haven't made it in the server, cause it's quite a nice build even for me, notice the wall patterns, and how they are mostly diffrent, do notice the face that the house is really open, it's full of air, perfect way to feel the sea's breeze, which leads us to the next basic, the L.

L- Landscape - Every house should have some sort of landscape, at minimum, it's a flat land, you sure can't have a hill of dirt inside your house, can you? well, in the picture above, the landscape is basicly easy, it's flat, and it's a beach, which makes the light colored structure fitting the landscape.... but that leads to the P word( not that bad word. derp. ), but let's first have a picture that empathizes the use of this basic rule!

If ya think this is a house and not a post card, you are right, but it's sure fitting a post card. Introducing Daloria's house in the hills, the picture is a bit cut, down the hill, there's a lake, with a small dock, and a boat, this surely shows the right way of Landscape! not sure if it empathizes the A part, but i'll explain that later, do notice the structure, which is superb as well.

A- Angle - it's not a secret that most houses have 4 sides, front, back, side, and side, but that's not much of the meaning of Angle, it was more fitting to use the word Facing, or Direction, but S.LD.P or S.L.F.P doesn't sounds that good.
Well, the meaning of Angle is, the facing of the house, you see, rarely do I see a good house that has a huge window facing towards a brick wall of nothingness made by a noobish neighbor, but I usualy see windows facing towards the beach whenever there's a house next to it, that is, the Angle, but this sounds realy plain sence, isn't it? well, but many people forget, the angle has another thing that most forget, the Sun. When used currently, a person would thing twice before putting his balcony in a random place, it should be placed either in front of the sunrise, or sunset, we all enjoy these moments, wheter it's the forest's lush sunlight passing through at the sunrise, or the relatively quiet moment of the urban sunset, this must not be forgotten, especially when making a church build, the sun-rise or sunset will be seen through the main window, and in the next Slap-Snap(volume 5), you will be able to see where this is real emphaziesed correctly, well, let's see a picture.

This picture is from my suburbs house's balcony, it has a view for the sun rise, ( and moon rise too), and in the first picture, there was a balcony in the back, which was facing both the sea and the sunset, which is just amazing.

Next up, the mysterious P.

P- Pokemon - well you see.... Just kidding XD

P- Paint - had to find a word for that p, the Paint means the color, how you balance the structure to the landscape, that is the connectiong, for example, you won't see a glass dome in the middle of the desert, it won't look that much good, but if that glass dome was to be placed in an underwater desert, that would just amaze you without thinking twice, also, building a wooden house in the nether isn't such a good idea either, nor a farm in the end, nor a treehouse within downtown, a Structure must have Paint according to the Landscape, just like in the original S.L.A.P, you moust have something that Sounds Like, inorder to have a Plan, (see what I did there) so let's go to the next photo.

TADA! this is an example that uses these 3 basics (the Angle also is fine <3) if used in the right manner, all 4 basics can make your house from basic into advenced, just because something is basic, doesn't make it nooby, and also, you can see in the first picture, the use of Paint, in good synchronization with the beach's natural colors.

And finally, let's see one more picture that will just contradict some of my sayings <3

Tada, you can clearly see here the structure, but notice the paint, the grass is desert-like, it's not likely to be found here, but the good use of the Paint with the structure, let's you forgive the fact that this is in fact, inside a desert, in fact, might not fit too much in the landscape, but it does because of it's good structure and paint, you see, a good build can sometimes be daring, be expectional, sure the basics are important, but some builds are ment to be chaotic, but the truly good builds, are those that have balance between their chaos and order, the basics are great at keeping the order part done, but in order to give the right amount of chaos, you need to be creative, the chaos can be the fact that a house is not simmetrical, if the room is not fully square, but those who know how to maintain and control the chaos, may become great builders.

Well, there's one more picture I'd like to show you, it will be presented in the comment, I'd like to say thnx for Daloria for allowing us to get a glimpse of her great use of landscape in order to show you the importance of it.

Remember S.L.A.P next time you start building :)

Until next time,
Nirosu,
Admin Wannebe, expert Interiorist, master builder in training, amateur patterninst, infamous titlist, minecraft journalist, poketrainer.

nirosu
24-05-2013, 02:39 PM

This house is also a build I made for one of the members, it has good landscape, and it does have a falcony facing to the sunset(I thought of the basics when I built it) and it does have good paint, however, it sure would've looked better if the owner woulve planted some treer close to it, jungle ones, one of my great builds on the server, it's quite unfortunate that it is locked and it needs some upgrading. but didn't stop me from getting in anyways XD legitly that is.

horsegal00
24-05-2013, 06:32 PM
Looking forward 2 seeing my horsie one u r making :3

zath1
25-05-2013, 07:42 PM
Yay! My palace! :D Nirosu, I dunno if you know this but you are the bomb diggity.

Madkiller212
02-06-2013, 03:02 AM
Its a postcard now.... 331

nirosu
02-06-2013, 04:32 AM
Lol, this is a mountain XD