PDA

View Full Version : Nirosu's Slap-Snap Vol. 6: Ganja The Rider

nirosu
01-06-2013, 07:56 PM
Have you seen all the paperazzi episodes? haven't got some tips from Block Theories? Eager to know more about amazing builds and builders among the server?
Check the Menu! http://forums.slapgaming.com/showthread.php?7816-Nirosu-s-Menu

Heya, this time on Slap-Snap. we be having an interview with GanjaRider, yet another one of my Suburbs neighbors (One day iainj, one day I'll find you and make a slap-snap about you :P )

As far as I can remmember, Ganja was a VIP before I became one, that means something, and he joined the community about a year before me!

Naturaly, with time comes expirience, and he's surely one that fits the meaning of this saying, Ganja is truly a good builder, and he knows how to use interior pretty well :)

Let's start with a picture of his err..... Dutch Bitterball with flag.... that's how he called it, truly a good build, it's also quite big.

looks quite nice? huh? the picture on the left has a squid build.... indeed, the work of MADesigner from 3 Slap-Snaps ago :)

This is a floor from the inside I saw fit to photo, do notice the good use of blocks varity on the cealing.

This is also a nice house, wasn't inside yet, but knowing Ganja, this sure looks good, this is infront of downtown.

Suburbs house, looks great from the outside!
But let's not forget the inside that looks good as well! simply beautiful.

I got a little problem with the attachements, so the best thing is left for last, the downtown tower Ganja built! better go see it yourself! but a picture is added in the first comment aswell.

Time for interview:

1. Can you tell us a bit of your expirience and history in the Slap-Gaming server?

I joined the SLAP server in February 2011 after reading Jack's post on the trackmania exchange forum. At that point I only played minecraft for a month and tried several servers but this one felt good right away. Friendly people and free to build where you want and it's still like that today.

2. What is the source of the inspiration of your builds?

I just start building and see what comes out. But I also look at other houses and search the internet for ideas. I look for small details like new ways of building windows and interior for inside the house. Btw before minecraft I've made race tracks for trackmania so I've always liked to build in a virtual environment.

3. Any tips you can give to the fellow aspiring builders?

Look at other buildings to get inspired. Your first house will be for learning the basics so don't worry of it doesn't look awesome. Just try not to build too square. Add some corners and be playful. Then get another plot and your second house will probably already look alot better. You can search the internet for minecraft builds and try to make something similar but don't copy. You can also search for pictures of real life houses like a villa or whatever and try to build that. Also try to use the right building materials. Stone bricks look better than plain Stone. Sand bricks look better then plain Sand. Play around with different wood colors. Use glowstone to make chandeliers and place glowstone in walls and ceilings instead of using plain torches. One last tip: always build uneven! This way the roof and the inside of the house are always point symmetrical.

4. How long did your builds took you to build?

It took 30 hours to build my skycraper but I have no idea about my other houses. I've also done updates over the years so I lost track of time.

5. Do you have any project/build under construction or to be planned?

No but I should.

6. Any additional information you'd like to share?

Budder is overrated!

Well, now you might know more about how good Ganja is as a builder, definetly a good one, and when I saw him after a month he wasn't on much, I knew I had to jump on the opprotunity and make a Slap-Snap.

Seeya Later this week, with a new Slap-Snap that is probably to be about non other than Leviathan1992.

Nirosu,
Man of Many Titles.

nirosu
01-06-2013, 07:57 PM
The attached image is the inside of the suburbs house, just shows you how good looking it is.

and he's a picture of the Downtown Tower!

GanjaRider
02-06-2013, 10:47 AM
Thanks for the slap-snap Nirosu! So cool to have one. :happy:

I made some before after pics too:

http://forums.slapgaming.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=332&stc=1&d=1370169794

http://forums.slapgaming.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=333&stc=1&d=1370169802

http://forums.slapgaming.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=334&stc=1&d=1370169806