PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion (Completed): Home Menu

nirosu
15-06-2013, 09:12 AM
Heya, I have a suggestion.

The new VIP grant system is realy awesome, I have an idea for imporving the system, not of the grant, but the /home system.

The moment I said VIP grant, some of you thought of that new menu that comes up, well, my idea is to do the same with homes! it's hard to search throughout all the homes, especialy when you have 40, I say we should keep the /home [homename] command as it is, and add a /home menu command that will show all your homes as notes named after your homes, when you clikc them, poof, it does the /home command of the desired place.

Also, another idea for improvent of this system, is to catagorize the homes with blocks! what does that mean? well, we have 5 worlds, where we can /sethome (yes the end as well is included, but that's a bit dumb to do) in stead of having notes (as in renamed paper), we'll have renamed blocks associated to the world, what does that mean? for instance I have a home in the nether, and I named it "XempleNeth", I wanne get there, but I stupidiously forgot it's name, beeing so long and so long time ago since I visited it, so instead of /home and trying to search through my 28 homes, now 30 cause of the update, might be 50 after I buy another package :P, so instead of trying to search there, I use the new fabulous /home menu.

In the /home menu, I see 5 diffrent blocks, in diffrent quanities, and one of them is netherrack, how wonderfull! that nether rack is named "XempleNeth"! I click it and TA DA! the nether home I have~! in front of my very eyes~

I have 2 ideas for the organization of homes, 1 of them, is to be set in the order they were set(or alphabetic) and at the menu bar, like in grantz, have page numbers of the homes.

The 2nd idea is more preferable, at the menu toolbar, top line, there will be the catagory, when you click it, it'll show the home of that catagory, in which case, the category would be the world, and the pages will be changed using the most bottomleft and buttomleft blocks, WHICH WILL LOOK DIFFRENT FROM HOME BLOCKS, to browse pages, as in page 2 page 3, cause we can have up to 180 homes at total or something, no? :)

The nether homes will have netherrack or nether brick as a home block, The creative will have a Crafting Table(reference to the indev version), the new survivel will have grass block, the end will have dragon egg, and the old survivel will have a spawn egg as a home block.

This system is really cool, it doesn't realy ruin anything, and /home name for those who do remmember should still be avaible.

lordgandalf
15-06-2013, 01:36 PM
I would like a better system for homes indeed.
Some stuff about the current /home i can see how many sethomes i have left it doesnt tell it with /home
Would love to see a way to categorize sethomes if possible some custom categories like friends builds/cobuilds/ownbuilds

nirosu
15-06-2013, 01:44 PM
I would like a better system for homes indeed.
Some stuff about the current /home i can see how many sethomes i have left it doesnt tell it with /home
Would love to see a way to categorize sethomes if possible some custom categories like friends builds/cobuilds/ownbuilds

yea, I have an idea regarding to that:

In the 2nd option, catagorized by world, instead of having all homes as the same block of the category, they'll be white wool, and you could do /home [name] setColor [colorname], which will change the wool's color.

if the current suggestion was tricky enough, farther categorizing might be even trickier, I think setcolor is the limit of what we can do without making this system laggy or glitchful.

lordgandalf
15-06-2013, 02:08 PM
yeah but the setcolor would make it more than enough but a way to set a category or color to distinguise it from youre own homes would be awesome

nirosu
30-06-2013, 04:44 PM
i'm sorry for reviving thisthread, but I assume suggestions must be either completed or rejected, and not much of a discussion was made.

I'm reviving this instead of witing it all over :) i think it's a good suggestion of mine and it deserves some attention. either that or reject it :)

naithantu
30-06-2013, 04:59 PM
Ah, I actually liked this suggestion and I want to add it, but I forgot to post here :P
It is on the to-do list ^^

Stoux
02-07-2013, 04:32 AM
It is on the to-do list ^^

The base is done. Will probably add more functions over time.

I have 2 ideas for the organization of homes, 1 of them, is to be set in the order they were set(or alphabetic) and at the menu bar, like in grantz, have page numbers of the homes.

The 2nd idea is more preferable, at the menu toolbar, top line, there will be the catagory, when you click it, it'll show the home of that catagory, in which case, the category would be the world, and the pages will be changed using the most bottomleft and buttomleft blocks, WHICH WILL LOOK DIFFRENT FROM HOME BLOCKS, to browse pages, as in page 2 page 3, cause we can have up to 180 homes at total or something, no? http://forums.slapgaming.com/images/smilies/smile.png.

Currently you just get all of your homes in an icon menu, unsorted (same order as /home), with their corresponding 'world' icons. The problem I have with your second idea is the loss of speed, when I open the icon menu I want to instantly select the home instead of selecting the world first. This might be useful for you because you have a lot of homes, but for the average player I think the first idea is better.

nirosu
02-07-2013, 08:51 PM
i suggeted it to be an addition and not a full replacement, people could still use /home homename, but /home would do the menu :)

ALSO I'm suggesting an addition to the system!!~ having quartz blocks/glass blocks to indicate empty home slots! so people could see how much homes they can set! and when you click the glass/quartz of the empty home... TADA! auto sethome to the place you stading! and names it spot#, # the number of the sethome. it maybe renamed somewhat else, but it's an AWESOME idea, i think :)

Stoux
07-07-2013, 04:32 PM
i suggeted it to be an addition and not a full replacement, people could still use /home homename, but /home would do the menu :)
It's moved to /homemenu

ALSO I'm suggesting an addition to the system!!~ having quartz blocks/glass blocks to indicate empty home slots! so people could see how much homes they can set! and when you click the glass/quartz of the empty home... TADA! auto sethome to the place you stading! and names it spot#, # the number of the sethome. it maybe renamed somewhat else, but it's an AWESOME idea, i think :)
The way to indicate the empty slots isn't that bad, however miss clicks are bound to happen, and I will find it very annoying if a homes get set then. Also a generated home name isn't great & all those extra blocks will look confusing/overwhelming.

I redid most of it, it's now sorted to world. It will probably be released on the server soon :)