PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion (Completed): Too Many Items Mod being allowed in Creative World.

EndurableJono
16-06-2013, 01:05 PM
I was just thinking about having the Too Many Items Mod being enabled in the Creative World.

I thought that I would suggest this because some of the items are not in the Creative Inventory, so it would be useful to have the extra blocks to build with. As the items can't transfer between the Worlds, then there is no problem of items being spawned and taken between the two.

Thanks
-Jono.

Hiddey
16-06-2013, 07:29 PM
I've never used TMI, what can you get with it that isn't available in vanilla creative?

nirosu
17-06-2013, 04:14 AM
burning furnace :P? ileagal blocks? technical blocks?

jimred9
17-06-2013, 06:12 PM
burning furnace :P? ileagal blocks? technical blocks?

I see what you mean and some of these blocks may not be allowed, but we could use them in creative only though? The mod would some how be turned off in all the other worlds.

(I am not sure if the mods can be controlled by a plugin of some sort in the various other worlds) :)

naithantu
17-06-2013, 07:43 PM
I think using TMI in multiplayer just uses the /give command.

Exactly what items would you want? There's a lot of unobtainable items that I don't want players to have ;3

nirosu
17-06-2013, 08:08 PM
Hey naith, maybe we should have then somethine like a /VIP grant but for creative? a block menu of some special blocks? I think we should have burning furnace there, definetly, maybe a piston arm block,(if this still exist), smooth stone slab(unavaible in creative but is in our spawn shop). well, there should be more blocks, but I have not much idea of what else should be put.

naithantu
17-06-2013, 09:32 PM
Steffany suggested making a free shop in the creative world, this is probably what we are going to do

A shop at creative spawn containing some items you might want.

Might also make a block menu for it, but the one at spawn first. New players find a shop more easily than a command to get items.

nirosu
18-06-2013, 07:53 AM
Steffany suggested making a free shop in the creative world, this is probably what we are going to do

A shop at creative spawn containing some items you might want.

Might also make a block menu for it, but the one at spawn first. New players find a shop more easily than a command to get items.

true.... but a shop for 3-4 blocks? and it's not that common that new players want to use bizzare blocks that aren't found in the normal creative. maybe that package command, /toolkit or something,(forgot how to spell) could be used to give all 3-4 blocks or something XD

leon_vakt
18-06-2013, 08:32 PM
I think using TMI in multiplayer just uses the /give command.

Exactly what items would you want? There's a lot of unobtainable items that I don't want players to have ;3

/give command is used by TMI but in essentials its a itemspawn blacklist you can pout the items you dont want there :D

naithantu
18-06-2013, 09:18 PM
/give command is used by TMI but in essentials its a itemspawn blacklist you can pout the items you dont want there :D

I know, but putting all unwanted items on a blacklist is much more work than allowing items we do want people to use (and if we forget an item in the blacklist bad things could happen :()
Also, not everyone uses TMI, the shop/iconmenu solutions give all players access to the extra blocks.

naithantu
21-06-2013, 04:32 PM
A new command has been added "Creativextra" (or shorter: cextra). This opens a window with some extra items, simply click them to add them to your inventory.

Current items in menu:
Forever burning furnace
Cocoa bean block
Farmland
Redstone torch off

If there's any other blocks you want to see in this menu, just post here.
Be aware that some blocks won't work well (for example the redstone ore on block), because as soon as they are interacted with they will revert back to their normal behavior (which with redstone ore happens when walked on/right clicked).
This also happens with blocks like the redstone torch off, however the redstone torch at least can't be changed by players not on the worldguard.

SparkleUnidog
21-06-2013, 05:09 PM
What about piston head, and lock chest? (which just looks funny) xD

nirosu
21-06-2013, 07:25 PM
we also need fire.... derp

lordgandalf
21-06-2013, 09:57 PM
uhm it isnt working for me :S

naithantu
21-06-2013, 10:48 PM
As with pretty much all updates (excluding important fixes that can't wait, or occasional times where I do a restart because it's still in the morning and barely anyone is online), done = applied with the automatic restart tomorrow morning ^^

SparkleUnidog
22-06-2013, 06:40 AM
Someone had asked about maybe the Mushroom blocks? Since they wanted them to do their statue with :3

And like Lordy said, it's not working. Apparently it's an unknown command...?

naithantu
22-06-2013, 10:08 AM
Someone had asked about maybe the Mushroom blocks? Since they wanted them to do their statue with :3

And like Lordy said, it's not working. Apparently it's an unknown command...?

Read the post above yours :P

Server has restarted - command is now available.
Blocks in menu:
Forever burning furnace,
cocoa bean block,
farmland,
redstone torch off,
mushroom block,
fire