PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion (Rejected): Nicknames?

SparkleUnidog
25-06-2013, 07:14 PM
Okay, hear me out.

A few other servers I've had a peek at, like Skyarmy, Skyblock, ect, basically, popular servers, and I've found that when they donate for a certain rank, they have the option to do "nicknames" along with they IGN.

Of cause we only have the one rank - VIP. So, how about it can be a little perk you can donate for, like you can with the hats and rainbow armor? So you're about to do, say like, [Admin] Sparkleunidog [Sparkyspark] or [Admin] Sparkyspark

I dunno, I just know so players have a long name or they wish it was something else. Or maybe they get fed up having to keep telling someone what to call them in chat? Or maybe... it's so everyone doesn't get so confused with similar names?

...Yes, i just want "Rainbow" in my name so bad.

but yeah, just an idea for more things to donate for in the donation store. (I really do see this option on popular servers, and people donate mostly for it from what I've heard)

EDIT: Also, thinking about it, maybe VIPs can have the option of making their nicknames coloured? While Builders/Members/Slaps only have defult colour? Just an idea.

Blake
25-06-2013, 07:27 PM
I think this is a great Idea. There should be a thing to Donate for /nick or whatever the command it this servr will use So I Support it!

lordgandalf
25-06-2013, 09:28 PM
Would love to see a nickname option

naithantu
25-06-2013, 10:26 PM
And all those big servers the chat is one big ugly mess filled with bold rainbow strikethrough prefixes that look like they've been designed by a toddler that just got his first crayons.

Okay, I think you know my opinion now xD

In all seriousness, there is no form of nicknames which I would really like. Even small changes such as shortening your name/ making the first letter capital letter would already have it's downsides. Most plugins will still take the unaltered name, which would be confusing and messy.
We've currently only got special prefixes for Arykai the Tree and skillzy the panda, just having a couple of these for players that are very much known because of this special thing can be nice and fun, but having the entire chat filled with extra things like these just looks bad.

lordgandalf
25-06-2013, 11:50 PM
Damn there goes my chance on getting a title with Redstone Engineer :P xD

DiabolicalJelly
26-06-2013, 01:36 AM
Great idea!

Cats_say_moo
26-06-2013, 03:18 AM
Maybe if we get a little of both naith? Have them do like /colorchat on/off shows the players colored or changed names, And have it so moderators can see their nametag or there regular in-game name with /colorchat off

SparkleUnidog
26-06-2013, 06:48 AM
I get what ya saying Naith, but we're not such a huge server, and not gonna have a chat filled with hundreds of fan-boy and girl children wanting to go do a load of silly things in chat just to get noticed by popular Minecrafters. :3

But like Cats, maybe have an option like that? Or maybe do a new rank VIPs can upgrade to just to do that or something? So not so many players have it?

This is just an idea, afterall.

leon_vakt
26-06-2013, 07:01 AM
I want to have the chat like it it, what naith said is what i would say.

We've currently only got special prefixes for Arykai the Tree and skillzy the panda, just having a couple of these for players that are very much known because of this special thing can be nice and fun.

Sparkle is known maybe it can be ''[Admin] Sparkleunidog The Rainbow''?

lordgandalf
26-06-2013, 08:33 AM
What about the following all staff mods+ can give certain people special ranks (redstone expert,rainbow etc.)
A user can do the command /selrank and selects a rank that they like to be know by.
So no user made stuff and only one rank at the time so in my case should redstone master being added i would be able to select my slap gamertag combo or redstone master infront of my name ?
This prevents overload and gives possibilities to apointed members to be recognized for their skills ?
would this be an idea to make ?

nirosu
26-06-2013, 11:33 AM
What about the following all staff mods+ can give certain people special ranks (redstone expert,rainbow etc.)
A user can do the command /selrank and selects a rank that they like to be know by.
So no user made stuff and only one rank at the time so in my case should redstone master being added i would be able to select my slap gamertag combo or redstone master infront of my name ?
This prevents overload and gives possibilities to apointed members to be recognized for their skills ?
would this be an idea to make ?

I don't realy agree that this would help players be recognized for their skills, cause after all, that's a self proclaimed rank you're speaking about, in stead the rank could mark your main proffesion instead, like Redstoner, Architect, Designer, Gladiator, Raibow, Dragon Hunter, Survivor. more than that is more of a self proclaimed rank, like "master Builder" for a person who has only built dirt houses in the RW....

lordgandalf
26-06-2013, 12:05 PM
The user doesn't create titles the staff does so.....

Jackster21
26-06-2013, 03:53 PM
Rejected.

Sorry guys but this just isn't going to happen.