PDA

View Full Version : Tree Jail Audio

Arykai
12-07-2013, 10:58 PM

So Jack came up with this idea a while ago and I'm all for it.
Only thing is this would have to be a file lasting several minutes. Of course it would all depend on how long the punishment is.

I've already written up a fair bit though I honestly don't know what else to add. Since this would be for the community I think it would
be nice to have members of the community add to the script.

here's what I've got thus far.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sAA01hDnFZjUFRbTlePKTzAlc2cqmpEmlj2D1EuBW6s/edit?usp=sharing

Feel free to add a line or two at the end. Rude comments and swearing are not allowed.

Also please leave your name beside your addition on the document.

I also don't think every addition will be accepted. Try to keep it flowing. I'll probably make minor edits to phrasing and such before we have a final script.

Madkiller212
12-07-2013, 11:06 PM
We can't edit it :( View mode only... Proof = http://gyazo.com/331c88eec0ef4433e793d0d09da1d621

Arykai
12-07-2013, 11:41 PM
We can't edit it :( View mode only... Proof = http://gyazo.com/331c88eec0ef4433e793d0d09da1d621

fixed.

i don't use this file setup regularly.

Jackster21
13-07-2013, 02:47 PM
I've read through it and it all sounds good, but to know of it's full potential we will need a recording of your voice i think.

Arykai
13-07-2013, 08:50 PM
Like a complete reading of it s far or a snippet to try and imagine the voice speaking the lines you guys come up with?

SparkleUnidog
13-07-2013, 09:05 PM
For some reason any click I do on it just comes up with an "There was an error, we can't save ya changes unless you reload" and it does this ever, single, TIME. So sadly I can't add a little something to it. Oh well.

I got to read it though, and man I can't wait for you to voice it! Looks so good! :D

Arykai
13-07-2013, 10:58 PM
Hmm. I don't know what else to do to make it work for others to edit it. As far as I know it's publicly accessible with the link and anyone can make an edit.
If you are having trouble making any edits to the document you can feel free to "leaf" anything you wanted to add here on the forums in a post.

*tree noises*

mrfrightful
15-07-2013, 01:10 PM
How about the audio from this wonderful lecture on trees etc from roy underhill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au1TbIyLcPU ~20 minutes long.

Ryuuga
15-07-2013, 03:36 PM
How about the audio from this wonderful lecture on trees etc from roy underhill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au1TbIyLcPU ~20 minutes long.

personally I would prefer our own treeman since it would have more unique content an it would have really come from our own community. But if you want to turn this youtube video for the sound in tree jail you would need to "borrow" the audio somehow since the conversion site I mentioned in the FB post does not like youtube audio (something about copyright) and convert it after that.
I would like to add a few bits of information on this whole audio thing.
1. the sound/voice would only be heard with a resource pack.
2. the voice would replace a sound usually a music disc or noteblock sound is replaced (currently I haven't found a way to actually add a sound using a resource pack).
3. if you replace a noteblock sound with the voice we can change the pitch of the voice(meaning you could make the treeman sound like a girl for example).

now just a few reasons as to why I would prefer our treeman
1. the guy in the video killed at least one tree for that wood he's using.
2. after that he hit the wood multiple times with different kinds of axes.
3. he tore the bark off the tree (which was perfectly healthy before being cut down as far as I can see.

Cats_say_moo
16-07-2013, 06:38 PM
Only problem i can see with implementing this feature is players will try to half cut tree's to get in the jail or other methods of spamming modreq's like "JAIL ME"
Wouldn't see this as a problem if it was implemented in more of a public place. :P

mrfrightful
16-07-2013, 07:48 PM
Copyright on Ted talks is IIRC Creative Commons Attribution, so not a difficult thing to deal with.

I thought it was apt because..

people land in Tree Jail not for 'using' a tree but abusing it and disrespecting the environment by landscape griefing (UFO Trees),
He chops that tree up and does all the minecrafty things with it, Giving the material new form and new function, building cabins etc, squaring the logs or leaving them round etc. He talks about how nothing is wasted. It generally ties into the idea of respect for the environment and making good and full use of things, which is the lesson tree jail should teach :D

also axe puns.

Ryuuga
17-07-2013, 08:30 PM
Copyright on Ted talks is IIRC Creative Commons Attribution, so not a difficult thing to deal with.

I thought it was apt because..

people land in Tree Jail not for 'using' a tree but abusing it and disrespecting the environment by landscape griefing (UFO Trees),
He chops that tree up and does all the minecrafty things with it, Giving the material new form and new function, building cabins etc, squaring the logs or leaving them round etc. He talks about how nothing is wasted. It generally ties into the idea of respect for the environment and making good and full use of things, which is the lesson tree jail should teach :D

also axe puns.

I see your point with the audio being related to tree jail in that way :D

on the topic of th copy right I merely intended to let you know you'd either have to get the audio for it from somewhere else than youtube or would need to use another program to remove /get the audio before it can be converted (I'm not going to tell people what they can/can't turn into audio due to copyright :P)

jimred9
19-07-2013, 09:52 PM
For those asking to be put into jail, there could be an area at spawn, jail or somewhere else and they have to press a button or something to listen to it. Another idea is to have a link to the file where they can listen to it as much as they like.

SparkleUnidog
20-07-2013, 02:46 AM
Or, how about, if they spam "Put me in jail" we just ban them? Like we always do? :/

Arykai
20-07-2013, 11:57 AM
If people just wanted to listen to it I'll just make a video and upload to my youtube. I had hoped to do so and show off our jail at the same time.
Jack may even want the video uploaded to the Slap YouTube channel. Maybe I could get some of the moderators to stand at the glass and look inward as I walk the interior as the audio file plays. We'll see.

If people did spam for jail time then just follow procedure and kick/temp ban/perm ban them.

I'll try to make an audio file of it this weekend. It shouldn't take too long.

I appreciate the good feedback from this, I've always wanted to narrate something. Always that slim chance to become famous on the intertubes eh? :P

Arykai
26-07-2013, 06:35 PM
I'll have the audio file uploaded sometime this weekend. My computer is recovering from a corrupted C Drive and I've had to reinstall my Operating System and soon will do the same for my software. Sorry for dragging this on. V_V

Ryuuga
27-07-2013, 05:11 PM
I'll have the audio file uploaded sometime this weekend. My computer is recovering from a corrupted C Drive and I've had to reinstall my Operating System and soon will do the same for my software. Sorry for dragging this on. V_V
we'll have the audio available soon then? :D great I can just replace a music disc sound with this audio then by using a resource pack and we're done :D

should we place the audio on a music disc or in a noteblock? not sure what's better? :S

Arykai
29-07-2013, 09:25 PM
I was unable to get it finished last weekend due to other activities. next weekend or maybe even a week day I can scrum it up.
erk, this makes me feel like Sparkle dragging on the comic. :P
no offense of course.

*innocent tree noises*

Ryuuga
30-07-2013, 06:31 PM
I was unable to get it finished last weekend due to other activities. next weekend or maybe even a week day I can scrum it up.
erk, this makes me feel like Sparkle dragging on the comic. :P
no offense of course.

*innocent tree noises*
not to be mean but when I read that first sentence I was thinking the same arykai sorry to the both of you. XD

Arykai
18-08-2013, 03:28 PM
I'm assuming the link is public. This is just a test really. I had hopped to add in background audio like rustling leaves or a breeze. I can do that too if the offer of this little project still stands. Plus there needs to be much more of a script! I mean I've no real flow here. Even a rambling man has flow from one topic to another.

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/dvugtfpophzr3qc/Slap_Tree_Jail_Audio.wav

Wackmo
18-08-2013, 06:24 PM
that. is. awesome. (and hilarious)

you didn't "leaf" anything out :)

Ryuuga
19-08-2013, 06:35 PM
made a tiny resource pack out of it
click here (http://www.mediafire.com/download/60cd0amk1cdol6d/Slap-Gaming_Tree_jail.rar)to download it

extra notifications:
- you'll need winrar to unpack it
- installation notes are included inside (for people who use default and for people who already use a resource pack)
- you'll lose disc 11 if you install it (it the black broken disc) since the tree jail audio replaces it.

Blake
19-08-2013, 07:49 PM
Its Great but music disc 11 the one you changed is very hard to hear (for me at least)

Arykai
20-08-2013, 01:03 AM
Woah you've used this file already? Here I thought this was the sample!
I was thinking maybe you guys wanted me to edit in some sound effects in the background or something.
I recently acquired an Adobe Audio program so I could give a whack at cleaning it up some.
Unless you guys got fed up with me for taking so long just to upload this....
:S

Blake
20-08-2013, 01:54 AM
That "wood" be interesting. I like the idea of background sounds

lordgandalf
20-08-2013, 04:36 AM
The recording as is is fine but some sound effects and cleaning up might be needed

Ryuuga
20-08-2013, 07:20 PM
Woah you've used this file already? Here I thought this was the sample!
I was thinking maybe you guys wanted me to edit in some sound effects in the background or something.
I recently acquired an Adobe Audio program so I could give a whack at cleaning it up some.
Unless you guys got fed up with me for taking so long just to upload this....
:S
I would really like it if you could add more but since I somewhat remember me saying I'd turn it into a resource pack I'd thought I would give it a try for now.
but yeah if you'd add more stuff to it (I know I'm not helping by not contributing text for the file) I'd be really happy with it, although it's kinda short at the moment in my opinion, it is awesome so far.

p.s. bonus point for the people who noticed the ugly mug face the online converter added to the file :P ( no clue why it got there @_@)

Arykai
20-08-2013, 09:49 PM
Here's the link again if anyone wants to contribute something. Try to keep it like a script and not just some random tree puns, as funny as they are.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sAA01hDnFZjUFRbTlePKTzAlc2cqmpEmlj2D1EuBW6s/edit?usp=sharing

I'm more than willing to clean it up some, but it really does need a longer script. I've pretty much run out of ideas on what to write in it. You can only talk about trees so long. :I

Jackster21
22-08-2013, 03:00 PM
I'm assuming the link is public. This is just a test really. I had hopped to add in background audio like rustling leaves or a breeze. I can do that too if the offer of this little project still stands. Plus there needs to be much more of a script! I mean I've no real flow here. Even a rambling man has flow from one topic to another.

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/dvugtfpophzr3qc/Slap_Tree_Jail_Audio.wav

This. Is. Brilliant.

Madkiller212
24-08-2013, 05:13 PM
I was laughing my ass off the entire time! That was great!

Arykai
24-08-2013, 06:12 PM
I added some reverb to make it sound like I was speaking in a smaller space since the Tree Jail is kinda small. Also some forest background noise.
It's the same file as before with just the tweaks to the sound. With some more help with a script I could get a longer speech. I have no idea how long it should be anyhow. Not sure if my voice sounds clearer or not. I've not used Adobe Audition before.

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/7gsl94rw3stgpma/SlapJailAudio_mixdown.mp3

Ryuuga
15-09-2013, 04:03 PM
whoops kinda got delayed a lot there anyway for whom is interested I've updated the tree jail audio resource pack

only tree jail audio: click here (http://www.mediafire.com/download/3lbgg0pm2m0fei7/Slap-Gaming_Tree_jail_V1.01.rar)

and made a pack with some additional extra's: click here (http://www.mediafire.com/download/m5yyvr5855xa555/Slap-Gaming_Tree_jail_V1.02.rar)

the pack with only tree jail audio is marked as "Slap-gaming tree jail V1.01" (indicating the updated background sounds)
the pack with extra's is marked as "Slap-gaming tree jail V1.02" since I added the extra's at a later date (one of the extra's is a rainbow shooting that the beacon beam is now rainbow colored
!WARNING!: the beam might cause an epileptic attack. hence if you're high risk in this area I recommend removing the beacon_beam.png from the pack (it can be found in the folder under assets/minecraft/textures/entity)

EDIT: many sadness the server does not support my amazing rainbow beam :( instead we get red lazzah's

jimred9
18-09-2013, 03:34 PM
Many sadness the server does not support my amazing rainbow beam :( instead we get red lazzah's

Ahh no rainbows.... :(

Can't you set it as the servers default resource pack so anybody who goes to tree jail will hear it?

nirosu
18-09-2013, 08:01 PM
Ahh no rainbows.... :(

Can't you set it as the servers default resource pack so anybody who goes to tree jail will hear it?

People wouldn't find that very comfortable, after all, most of the people have their own texture packs/reasource packs or like to stay with default, making it default with the server is derpy >.> from my experience.

jimred9
18-09-2013, 08:18 PM
People wouldn't find that very comfortable, after all, most of the people have their own texture packs/reasource packs or like to stay with default, making it default with the server is derpy >.> from my experience.

Mmmm, actually that's a bad idea.... Is there anyway in changing just a small part of a texture pack?

Ryuuga
19-09-2013, 07:30 PM
Mmmm, actually that's a bad idea.... Is there anyway in changing just a small part of a texture pack?
most likely yes but what were you thinking about exactly?
And concerning the whole changing the server texture pack you would need to have access to the server files which I don't and even then it won't work or everyone since they have to have serve tesxture packs turrned on.

btw tree jail audio v1.03 Now with rainbows! click here (http://www.mediafire.com/download/a3000p5ggegfbb7/Slap-Gaming_Tree_jail_V1.03.rar)

p.s. It's no most likely will no longer cause an epileptic attack (i.e. no flashy images anymore)

jimred9
19-09-2013, 08:57 PM
[QUOTE=Ryuuga;129216]most likely yes but what were you thinking about exactly?[QUOTE]

I was wondering if it was possible to change the default texture for a particular item (I.e the becons)

Ryuuga
21-09-2013, 08:29 PM
[QUOTE=Ryuuga;129216]most likely yes but what were you thinking about exactly?[QUOTE]

I was wondering if it was possible to change the default texture for a particular item (I.e the becons)

yes you can(if you use a resource pack otherwise minecraft will wipe the change) do you mean the actual beacon or the beacon beam?

jimred9
22-09-2013, 03:05 PM
do you mean the actual beacon or the beacon beam?

I mean what sever you chances into a multicoloured thing

Ryuuga
23-09-2013, 11:36 AM
I mean what sever you chances into a multicoloured thing
if you mean you want to change the beacon_beam.png yourself just download the resource pack got to assets/minecraft/textures/entity/beacon_beam.png and change the image in there ( do not change the name or format of the file or it won't work and will use the default texture instead)using image editing sofware like paint or gimp. the beacon block itself is stored away in assets/minecraft/textures/blocks/beacon.png. Be warned though the slap-gaming server does not treat the textures exactly the same as vanilla minecraft as there seem to be small differences.

honkin_pigs
23-09-2013, 02:12 PM
I added some reverb to make it sound like I was speaking in a smaller space since the Tree Jail is kinda small. Also some forest background noise.
It's the same file as before with just the tweaks to the sound. With some more help with a script I could get a longer speech. I have no idea how long it should be anyhow. Not sure if my voice sounds clearer or not. I've not used Adobe Audition before.

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/7gsl94rw3stgpma/SlapJailAudio_mixdown.mp3

I actually fell asleep listening to this last night. How much would it cost me to hire you to just talk me to sleep every night :3

Ryuuga
27-09-2013, 05:29 PM
I actually fell asleep listening to this last night. How much would it cost me to hire you to just talk me to sleep every night :3
around 1800 in the month I gues making it... 1800/31=58 bucks an hour/day pretty nice pay if you ask me :D

Arykai
20-10-2013, 01:57 PM
I'm working on something with Sparkle. We'll see how that turns out. More practice than anything. Poke her about it maybe?

SparkleUnidog
20-10-2013, 05:41 PM
No. My audio clip. Your voice are belonging to me.

Erikingamer
30-10-2013, 10:32 PM
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sAA01hDnFZjUFRbTlePKTzAlc2cqmpEmlj2D1EuBW6s/edit?usp=sharing My own saying LOL

Arykai
09-11-2013, 09:21 PM
Some good additions, though I'm pretty sure this is dead. Not too sure if there'll be anything added to this. Maybe a sound bite for tutorials? "push button to Minecraft" kind of deal. I should pester Jack about that idea.

Jackster21
09-11-2013, 09:27 PM
This idea is far from dead.

Once 1.7.2 bukkit appears, we are so totally making this work.

Arykai
16-12-2013, 11:51 PM
This idea is far from dead.

Once 1.7.2 bukkit appears, we are so totally making this work.

Sooooooo. 1.7.2 bukkit eh? Thinking of a tutorial narration?

Ryuuga
18-12-2013, 10:58 PM
Sooooooo. 1.7.2 bukkit eh? Thinking of a tutorial narration?
1.7 is here (maybe only in dev. version but still it's here ) where's our tree jail audio? :S
for clarification what was the plan again?
make the tree jail audio play while in tree jail right?

Arykai
19-12-2013, 08:52 PM
As far as I know that was the plan. Thought the file was already put in place. Meh, this idea can sit on the back burner for a while anyhow.

naithantu
21-12-2013, 12:17 PM
Minecraft still doesn't have anything to play custom sounds to players and probably won't have this till the modapi is implemented (which will come between now and the end of time. or after that.)
The audio sounds amazing, but there's really no way to actually implement it on the server :(

honkin_pigs
21-12-2013, 12:19 PM
apart from with a slap client/resource pack

naithantu
21-12-2013, 12:22 PM
apart from with a slap client/resource pack
yup, but I doubt tree griefers would have that installed :p

Ryuuga
21-12-2013, 09:30 PM
yup, but I doubt tree griefers would have that installed :p
you'd be suprised how many people would be willing to get it installed and then get tree jailed to hear it :P